Chapter 1. Again. Getting Disowned
91 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting Disowned

Yo, to the dude (or dudette) reading my super duper top secret journal, first off, fuck you this is top secret you insensitive prick. Not that that is gonna stop your curious ass. Secondly, everything you read here is true. After all this is MY journal to keep track of MY thoughts, but I put this disclaimer here because I have some fantastical shit to talk about. Anyway, lets talk about my favorite subject...ME! I am the dashing young man called Asclepius Xor, 3rd son of Star King Velryn, but you probably heard me in the tales used to scare you enough to be a good little boy (or girl, i don't know who the hell you are), They called me The Butcher, The Crazed Necromancer. and all kinds of other things. Yes indeed, I am indeed most definitely VERY real, and everything you heard about me is also most likely real as well. You might be wondering if I am a monster, to which I reply, of course not, I am human. Let me tell you, you very poor soul, just how a human like me became the monster that haunts the night and steals your soul.

In a bustling city built upon a massive asteroid that struck Solus, the capital of the Star Crown Empire, Xorynth, there was a king, Star King Velryn to be exact. and he had 3 sons, Julius, Octavius, and Asclepius. Oldest son Julius was exactly like his father in that he excelled in everything military related. From tactics, to strategy, to logistics, he was a genius. Middle child Octavius, who inherited his mother's domestic ingenuity, proposed various economic reforms and flooded the Empires treasury, thus usurping his older brother's title of Crown Prince. And then there was one. The youngest son, Asclepius, me, was born very different from the others. While everyone else of the Xor lineage held golden hair brown eyes, I had raven black hair, and purple eyes. From the moment of my birth i was only looked upon with disgust. 

While I attended the Royal Academy just like my siblings, I never did anything. It just didn't interest me. Tactics and strategy? Just slaughter them. Economics? Just give one person what they want in exchange for something you want. politics? why bother with semantics and just get straight to the point. There was however, two classes that very much so interested me. Practical Magic and Live Combat classes. Now THIS is something I could learn and use. In Practical Magic unfortunately all I had aptitude for is healing and body strengthening, very boring, all I could do is heal people and make my body stronger. Although that was nice in its own right. And in Live Combat they only taught the sword, which is a nice weapon and all, but its not heavy enough. I wanna swing something and cleave someone in half. If i can't do that I at least want to get up close and personal with them. I wanted to feel their breath, their heat, their heart. Sadly one cannot do that in training lessons. 

And so I did the minimum necessary to pass all my classes and spent my days looking for something interesting to catch my eyes, and man oh man did I ever find something. One day, while I was walking around the sewers looking for some shady characters to potentially befriend, I found some. I heard a woman shrieking for help, and promptly stopped after a loud "THUMP" was heard. I immediately headed toward the noise expecting a rapist or kidnapper or something, but found something completely different instead. About a dozen or so people clad in black robes and skull masks had tied a woman on top a stone altar, and were reciting some hymn. I watched for a while and saw someone with a golden variant of the mask plunge a knife into the womans chest. He retracted the knife and the blood welling up didn't flow down the body as one would expect it might, instead it defied gravity and rose up about a meter above the body and shaped itself into an orb. The orb collected some more blood, and then it wobbled a bit. It moved over to a large chalice, and the water tension broke, and filled the chalice. The chalice was passed around a bit and some words I couldn't make out were chanted, and suddenly, from the wound where the woman was stabbed, something emerged. It was as dark as the moonless night sky, with two red dots where the eyes should be and teeth akin to that of a carnivorous beast. 

I couldn't contain my excitement anymore,

[YO TEACH ME HOW TO DO THAT] I screamed at them. The guy with the golden mask dropped his chalice and a loud *CLANG* was heard as it hit the floor. They all looked at me, then looked at Goldie, then back at me.

[Who the hell are you and how did you even find us? Ren, Stimpy, bring the brat here so we can talk.]

Two guys, probably Ren and Stimpy come over to me and roughly drag me to Goldie. 

[I am a generous god, i suppose i should answer your questions mortal. My name is Asclepius Xor, 3rd son of the Star King Velryn. I found you here because you idiots didn't gag the poor woman properly and I heard her scream as I was walking through these sewers. Now, will you answer my questions?]

Spoiler

in case its not obvious hes not a god hes just being a smart ass

[collapse]

Goldie crooks his head in confusion or thought, not sure which, while I feel Ren and Stimpy shake a little bit from hearing the name of royalty. probably. Goldie finally speaks up.

[And why the hell would the son of the Star King be here of all gods forsaken places? its a filthy sewer. you won't find anyone except people like us here]

[No shit smart ass, are you a graduate at the royal academy? I'm here because it's boring there and i feel like finding something to pique my interest. and you guys did it. so what are you guys? summoners? i never seen something like that, it looks cool? can you teach me? please? I'll even use my name to get you guys some victims?]

[A prince is here, in the sewers, because he's BORED?!?!? That's so outlandish but also so very realistic. that attitude and naivety makes it more believable as well. No brat, we're not summoners, we're necromancers, and that thing there is called a Shade. I would teach you if it weren't for the fact that I NEVER FUCKING MET YOU BEFORE. Also not to mention Necromancy is extremely illegal, and also hard as hell to learn. You'd have to be a prodigy at healing to even grasp the concepts of necromancy.]

[Well it seems I have the Overgod himself, THE AUTHOR, helping me, because healing and body strengthening is my best subjects in healing! what you say to that Goldie?]

[Goldie? seriously? I know its the only thing to identify me but really? whatever. kid look if you really want to learn this shit I'll teach you how to make a zombie, and use it on that corpse. if you succeed, you're in. if not, we kill you and use your corpse alright?]

[Sounds fun Goldie, teach me!]

And so about 2 hours passed with Goldie, who's alias is apparently Stitch, teaching me how to make a zombie. I wont make you read how because while it's not hard for people who understand how healing and the human body work, most dont know all about that it and its confusing as hell for people like that.

[Alright Al, I taught you the method, now do it.]

He calls me Al now that he actually believes me and Alscepius is way too long for casual use. Now i perform the unholy act of raising the dead. I raise my hands and channel my mana, forcing it to overload the brain like electricity, and i watch as the corpse first starts to twitch, then the joints start flailing about, then eventually, it freezes. not like with ice freezing, it just stops for a moment. everyone looks at me. then with a little shit eating grin the corpse jumps up from the alter, does a frontflip, and lands right in front of me in a kneeling position like a masterful gymnast before their lord. everyone loses their collective shit and starts yelling excitedly. i look at Stitch with my grin still on my face and ask

[yo Goldie, did i pass?]

[with flying colors you little shit. never seen such masterful control of a zombie of all things from a rookie. welcome to The Undead Phoenix new blood]

And that is how I became a necromancer. And so I spent my school days, doing nothing at school during the day, and performing profane acts to become the best necromancer this world has ever seen. why a necromancer in particular? seems cool using the enemies that i killed to kill the enemies i haven't killed. also taboo shit is always fun shit amirite? And just like that my 16th birthday came, and I had the conversation that would turn my life completely around. kind of.

I was in my tactics class snoozing away when suddenly the door slammed open. Annoyed, i looked at the door to see which pretentious asshole awakened me from my slumber. I was up all night amassing my army of Shades and was exhausted. 

[Excuse the interruption my lords, but Prince Alscepius, Star King Velryn desires your presence immediately.]

This shall be very interesting, I thought. Is today finally the day? shall i become a soldier? will i be married off to become some other kingdom's problem? whatever shall i do?

[Of course, I shall not let my beloved father wait for someone as lowly as I] I proclaim with more than a little venom dripping from my fangs. I leave the classroom and ask the messenger boy

[Do you know of what the topic will be?]

[Pardon me my lord, for i am not privy to such matters]

[I see, forgive my ignorance]

And so we walked, all the way to the Imperial Palace, in very awkward and uncomfortable silence. I do so hate the formalities required to talk with royalty, sometimes I just wish for a normal conversation, like the ones i have at The Undead Phoenix. I hope father dearest hasn't done anything to them. One could say they were my first friends. 

Onwards we walked, and I soon(ish) found my way to the throne room. The door was opened and i saw my mother and father sitting upon the thrones. 

[Come, my son, sit, we have much to discuss. How was your day today?]

[It was rather exhausting Father, although that may be because I was awake late into the night conducting experiments with my fellow researchers. How was your day Father?]

[Tiring as well, I was conducting my own research as well, with the results being the reason I have called you here. Alscepius, my son, i know exactly what research you have been conducting and who you have been researching with. Why are you convening with the dreaded necromancers?]

[Well Father, all the topics at school seem quite dull and boring. I've already learned all I can about healing and body strengthening I can from the Academy, and the Live Combat class doesn't have any weapon that suits my taste or body. These necromancers however, what they teach is VERY interesting to me and I have taken quite a liking to it. It is a rather undeveloped school of magic due to the moral implications of it but I seem to have quite an aptitude for it. I would like to pioneer this magic and make it more publicly known Father.]

[MY SON! Necromancy is a forbidden magic BECAUSE of its implications. are you aware that you're not just reanimating flesh, you're also trapping the soul?]

[Well of course Father, any necromancer worth their bone marrow understands that elementary principle.]

[Is there no way to drive you from this path?]

[Of course not, i found something that i love, and unless you can find something more interesting than necromancy, I do not plan on stopping.]

[I thought as much. Son, come with me, I have something to show you.]

[Yes, Father.]

This was not what I thought was going to happen. we're currently going to the Palace Gardens, I see some guards getting rather fidgity. I can make out certain pieces of what they're saying

[the prince...executed?]

[He...Necromancy...Taboo...Capital Punishment]

OH SHIT. My father is going to kill me. in all fairness, i should have seen this coming. Curse you Author for not giving me the IQ to come up with an escape plan in advance. my mind is racing, thoughts flying by a mile a minute, trying to figure out what to do. Then it hit me like a certain truck that spans across time and space...wait whats a truck? I remember one day The Undead Phoenix raided a caravan and found some rare exotic animals from the jungles of the Insect Continent. we killed them all and turned them into zombies so we could make them carry us and equipment. FUCKUNG BINGO. I'll call one of them, get picked up, fly away with the boys, and start over somewhere else. maybe go to the Elven Continent. I hear they have like two towns made specifically by criminals for criminals. I call out to Griff, and undead griffin. I'm not creative with names leave me alone. i feel him start flying to my location. By this time Father and I are in the garden, and a tea set is in front of us. 

[Son, what I'm going to say will be difficult for you to hear. sip some tea to calm your nerves first.]

what should i do? will i drink the obviously poisoned tea and go along? or decline and look suspicious?

[no thanks Father, I already had some tea earlier. What is it you have to say?]

[Please son, I insist.]

God damn he's making it obvious at this point. might as well go along with it. I should have some poison resistance from being around corpses all the time so hopefully I can hold out till Griff gets here.

[Very well]

I sip just enough to not be suspicious. 

[Well Father, what is it?]

[Son, for these heinous crimes, you must be executed. the laws on this are something even I cannot break. I am sorry. The tea has some anesthetic, paralytic, and sedative properties. it is very finely made, so i promise you wont suffer one bit.]

[I see. Thought this was coming. Before I die Father, tell me, what happened to the first friends i ever had?]

[I executed them for their crimes.]

[I see. I will see them soon. One way or another.]

I smile very smugly as the flaps of the undead griffin are now heard. 

[UNDEAD! GET THE GUARDS!]

[SHOOT THE FUCKING THING YOU MORONS!]

The Palace is in an uproar, and my father looks like he aged about twenty years. The cries and flapping of Griff are now directly overhead. i order him to pick me up since i cant move and take me somewhere secure. I order the rest of the undead in hiding to meet me at the rendezvous. With That, I make my glorious Great Escape into the sunset never to be seen again. NOT

3