Chapter 10: After The Torture.
197 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A day after lifting the <<Curse Of False Luck>> I was being tortured.

"-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."(Zail)

"Why won't you tell me?!"(Torture Guard)

"Because I don't know!"(Zail)

Does this guy even have a brain, or is his bald head reflecting the words.

"Fine then."(Torture Guard)

"What are you doing now..?"(Zail)

I gave a question in an exasperated tone because this bald man is holding a stone, I think it has an engravement on it.

"Hehehe. Boys free his arm, then you know what to do."(Torture Guard)

He gave a creepy laugh and gave his lackeys and order.

"I can't believe your letting me free. What are you after?"(Zail)

After I questioned them, they didn't reply. However, they chained up my left arm in a different posture. Currently, I am sitting on a chair that is restricting me moving my body using a durable leather, it's wrapped around various parts of my body and attached to this chair.

However they unattached my left arm's bindings and made it look as if my left arm was pointing towards the left.

"Nothing really."(Torture Guard)

"I can feel sarcasm in that."(Zail)

"Hehe."(Torture Guard)

That was a creepy laugh that rose suspicion, and would probably scare little girls.

"You totally laughed like a creep just now, didn't you."(Zail)

"I didn't."(Torture Guard)

"You did."(Zail)

"I didn't!"(Torture Guard)

"You total-- UGH"(Zail)

He just punched me with full power in the side jaw. It hurts damn it!

"I am NOT going to argue with you!"(Torture Guard)

"You just did, genius."(Zail)

I think I can still talk smack due to the event from yesterday.

"Well, no matter. Do it boys."(Torture Guard)

"Aye"(Lacky 1 & 2)

"Huh?"(Zail)

They tied my left arm fully so it couldn't move, after that.

"Oh no, I dropped my flame rune."(Torture Guard)

He stated in a flat tone while dropping the stone on top of my arm, then it disolved. It felt cold at first, however--

"ARGHHH WHY THE HELL DID THIS STONE TURN INTO FLAMES!"(Zail)

--It produced a tremendous amount of flames then it enveloped my left arm and started bursting into flames like never before. Pain also assaulted me as it was conjuring into flames.

"Lieutenant Criseus!"(???)

A guard entered through the door behind the baldy. I could only hear parts of the conversation but it most likely went like this:

"What?"(Criseus)

"It has been ordered that the young boy be released. We have found the true culprit."(Guard)

This voice where have I..?

"Tch, Put out the flames, untie the boy, then throw him out."(Criseus)

"Aye."(Lacky 1&2)

They poured water on the flames and it vanished as if nothing was there.

[[Skill: <<Keen Hearing Lv.1>> has been obtained!]]

"AAAARRRRGH"(Zail)

However the aftermath didn't vanish. My arm was burnt not to a crisp, but so it would be a different colour all my life. It also looked as if there was no liquid residing within the arm.

They untied me then did as he instructed. Threw me out.

I was outside the torture chambers, it took a while for my eyes adjust to the light. I took a good look at the guard who saved me, as she was also sent out.

"Thank you, uhm. Wait, aren't you Scarlet."(Zail)

It was the female guard who had flame red hair and dark red eyes. She also seemed to be in her mid teens.

"Yes I am, and please refer to be as Miss Walker."(Scarlet)

"It seems your hair grew a bit longer."(Zail)

Her hair was now shoulder length rather than a short bob hair.

"W-what got a problem?"(Walker)

Her head was dyed red. Oh how cute, she's embarrassed.

"Well, it suits you."(Zail)

She glanced at my arm then gave a bitter look.

"Oh, and wrap this around your arm."(Walker)

"Thanks."(Zail)

At last, some kindness, a visible smile probably appeared on my face.

I wrapped my arm in the bandage she handed over, and was led outside.

"Zail!"(???)

A small portion of people called my name, it seems. Kinata, Tomoyo and a few children were outside. I thought these children hated me though...

They seemed to be stunned for a second while looking at me. Now that I realize it my attire is ragged. I'm not wearing any shirts and, my lower half had my pants, that now look like a crumpled pair of shorts. My left arm is wrapped in bandages, my body is riddled with scars and there's even traces of blood on my body.

"Zail!"(Kinata)

Kinata jumped onto my chest and hugged me tight. It feels like she's rubbing her forehead on my chest, even though shes twice my height.

"Uwa...."(Kinata)

I think she's quietly crying on me. This feels hella awkward, I can only form a wry smile.

[[Title: <<The Tortured Innocent>> has been obtained!]]

Don't give me that title at this moment, give it earlier.

I took a glance at Tomoyo's face but she showed an indescribable look of sadness. It seems something's wrong.

"Lets go back, and I'll fill you in."(Tomoyo)

After a few minutes of delight we headed back to the church. I would soon realize that the delight was short lived.

We entered the church then me, Tomoyo, Kinata and someone who looks like a priest was sitting near a table. It was two on my side and on the opposite side. From left to right was Me and Kinata and on the other side was Tomoyo and the priest who had his hood covering his face.

"I'll speak bluntly. We are taking your sister as a holy maiden of the church of divines, and you will also be adopted by two people."(Priest)

Both the arrogance in his voice and the contents of the conversation annoyed me.

"I refuse."(Zail)

"You have no say in the matter, it was a condition for your release."(Priest)

"Like hell it is!"(Zail)

I slammed my hands, even my wrapped-in-bandages hand, on the table because--

"I already know that it was you and your band of halfwits that did this!"(Zail)

-- They're the ones who set the trap.

2