Chapter 12: The Village.
161 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There's a scene I'm viewing.

It keeps rewinding like a broken record player.

It seems famili-- no, I've experienced this.

In a bustling old-fashioned city, there's an event taking place. This event is surely the yearly event of Atherious.

"Shoo, shoo. Begone!"(???)

An old man was trying to drive away a little black haired elf away from his stall. The black haired elf seemed to be undisturbed at the old man's hate.

"Old man, I would like eight meat sticks."(???)

A hooded man ordered food and gave it to the little elf, due to this action the little elf seemed to be a little dumbfounded.

"Mr. Suspicious person, you're giving this to me?"(Black Haired Little Elf)

"Geh! First time anybody has outright called me suspicious..."(Suspicious Person)

"Answer the question."(Black haired elf)

The little elf seemed to be devoid of emotions due to his flat tone.

"Yep, giving it to you."(Suspicious Person)

"Thanks."(Black Haired Elf)

The little elf immediately chewed the meat that was on the stick.

"#### where are you?!"(???)

"Over here ######!"(Black haired elf)

I couldn't hear the names of who was being called and who was calling, however I could see a familiar figure run over to the little elf. It seemed to be an older version of the little girl who was pushed off that cliff in my previous dream.

"I found him!"(Little Girl)

The little girl waved to a elf with short ears who donned a Lucerna Priest robe.

"I was worried about you, ####!"(Lucerna Priest)

The Priest took notice of the man standing near the elf.

"And who are you, may I ask?"(Lucerna Priest)

The Priest questioned the man.

"I'm just a passing traveller."(Hooded man)

"Is that so?"(Lucerna Priest)

The Priest squinted her eyes at the Hooded Man.

"Yep. Well then, I'll be on my way now."(Hooded man)

The man began to walk away, but then stopped as if he just remembered something. The man tossed a bracelet to the black haired elf.

"This is?"(Black Haired Elf)

The black haired elf gave a dubious stare at the Hooded Man.

"It's an amazing magic item that negates status effects and it can also revive the wearer, there's also another effect but it's not really that interesting."(Hooded man)

The black haired elf muttered under his breath:

"A cheat item..."(Black Haired Elf)

"Well then, see ya!"(Hooded Man)

"Wait!"(Little Girl)

"Mhm?"(Hooded Man)

The little girl called out to the man and approached him.

"Here."(Little Girl)

The little girl held a gold coin out.

"I don't need money."(Hooded Mna)

"Take it! Then it's like I'm buying a present for him."(Little Girl)

The man laughed and took the coin.

"Haha, then I'm off, see ya."(Hooded Man)

"See ya."(Black Haired Elf)

When the man faded amongst the crowd, the black haired elf striked a conversation.

"You didn't have to do that."(Black Haired Elf)

"I didn't, but I did!"(Little Girl)

"Why?"(Black Haired Elf)

The black haired elf inclined his head to the side.

"To make you happy!"(Little Girl)

"Wake up!"(???)

Mhm? I hear a different voice.

"Sh--!"(Black Haired Elf)

The black haired elf blushed and turned his face away.

"Aww, are you embarrased?"(Little Girl)

"I said wake up!"(???)

Who is this noisy person.

"If you don't wake up I'll hit you!"(???)

By the way--

"By the way--"(Black Haired Elf)

"Mhm?"(Little Girl)

"--Do"(Black Haired Elf)

--Do you hear anything?

Before I could ask this question the little girl did an eerie laugh.

"KAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA---"(Little Girl)

Then the Lucerna Priest joined in.

"KAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA---"(Lucerna Priest)

and lastly the crowd joined in.

"KAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA---(Crowd)

Next I knew it, I was in a sea of blood.

"WAKE UP!"(???)

"GUHI!"(Zail)

Shit, I got kicked in the stomach, I'm technically 5 you know?

"I'm done with your shit!"(???)

He got on top of me and started punching my face. You ask who is 'he'? It's my--

"I'm your new father and you give me this shit?!"(???)

--My adoptive father.

After I got knocked out I was taken here by carriage, all the villagers gave me a dirty stare as if looking at trash, however the worst stare was from my adoptive father. This village consists of humans and elves. My adoptive father is called Gald, a human. I've been in this village for around one month, this village has various assets such as a blacksmith, a pharmacy and even a stable.

"Now get up!"(Gald)

This shitbag of a father doesn't even care about my well-being, or rather, for him it would be better if I died. The only reason I'm being raised by this person is because the Divine Church is paying him.

I stood up with hushed breaths.

"I'm up, I'm up."(Zail)

"Don't give me that attitude, you fool!"(Gald)

He punched me straight after insulting me. No manners whatsoever.

"Get out and gather herbs!"(Gald)

This village is a medium sized village that is surrounded by a large forest, that is lush with greenery and herbs. The reason he sends me out to gather herbs is because he wants me dead. This forest has lots of dangers like monsters and bandits, and I've long since realised that his contract states for him not to kill me, but it doesn't say anything about anyone else killing me.

I head out of the house, and go behind it because behind the house there are barrels. In some of these barrels are weapons, I picked up my usual wooden stick that is shaped like a katana and then I proceeded to head into the forest.

"Ha! Ha! Ha!"(Zail)

I spend most of my time swinging the wooden stick after I gather some herbs. I swing my wooden stick in the forest, in the same manner over and over again. I need muscle memory to fight more efficiently, to be honest I want to kill monsters so I can level up and gain a 'feel' of taking lives, however currently I'd probably die even to a horned rabbit. Rabbits were cute and delicious in my old world, however in this world they're scary. One horned rabbit which is around 35 centimetres can knock down a whole tree with a headbutt, and don't forget how fast they are. They're practically mini-bosses.

[[Skill: <<Katana Arts Lv.6>> has increased to <<Katana Arts Lv.7>>]]

Oh? An increase. Skills are fairly simple to level up and the effects are apparent around every 2-3 levels.

I look at the sun and estimate it is around 15:00pm, then I dropped my wooden stick on the floor and crossed my legs. I brought my hands in front of my solar plexus and began to concentrate, I spread my mana around my body and send it along my blood cells. I try to converge my mana with my cells, when doing this it enhances my six senses and my body feels 'tightened' in a way, this means my body has successfully been strengthened. I keep doing this for 160 minutes, until my head finally feels lightheaded. I do this to increase my mana capacity, and increase my control of magic.

[[Skill:<< Mana Manipulation Lv.19>> has increased to <<Mana Manipulation Lv.20>>]]
[[Skill:<<Prodigy Lv.68>> has activated!]]
[[Skill:<<Mana Manipulation Lv.20>> has increased further due to the skill <<Prodigy Lv.68>>]]
[[Skill:<<Mana Manipulation Lv.20>> has increased to <<Mana Manipulation Lv.21>>]]
[[Skill:<<Muscle Strengthening Lv.12>> has increased to <<Muscle Strengthening Lv.13>>]]

I've noticed this quite recently but it seems the <<Prodigy>> skill doesn't always work.

It is now around 17:40pm, so instead of doing anything in particular I just try to listen. I try to listen to everything, the sounds of the birds, footsteps, the wind, the leaves and even my own breath. I did this for 20 minutes and then headed back to the village.

I ventured in the village by jogging and just passed by everyone, this was my way of harassing them. For some reason as soon as the elves saw my hair they gave me eyes that clearly stated their bloodthirst, and the humans just harassed me verbally. I'm not a saint, I hate those who hate me. I'll ruin their day while smiling.

Oh, That's right! Lemme harass people from the Adventurers Guild, these people sometimes even try killing me with traps, but I rewire their traps to harm them. I'm a kind person who doesn't set his own traps.

I head to the guild and I overhear a conversation.

"Hey, did you hear?"(Adventurer 1)

"Hear what?"(Adventurer 2)

"The Divine Church recruited a <<Divine Saint>>."(Adventurer 1)

"Really..?"(Adventurer 2)

"That face... Don't you know that a <<Divine Saint>> can only be found from 1 in 100,000,000,000 people. It's so rare that there has only been two people with the class <<Divine Saint>>."(Adventurer 1)

"So?"(Adventurer 2)

"I know someone who has a legendary class doesn't really care but, it's even rarer than your <<Dragon Knight>>, if your class is in the legendary grade then this is in the mythical grade."(Adventurer 1)

The adventurer then opened his eyes wide and said:

"Wait, really?!"(Adventurer 2)

Everyone took a glance at him, then just ignored him.

"Ahem. So, how do people even acquire this class?"(Adventurer 2)

"Scary part about this is that you can't acquire the class, you can only recieve it at the Atherious Festival, it's not like your <<Dragon Knight>> that you evolved from the <<Knight>> class.

This conversation gave me a lot of information, time to leave.

3