Chapter 16: Circumstances Of The Kingdom.
196 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Zail was trapped in the ruins, the kids immediately ran to the Village albeit their exhaustion.

"...Haaah...Haah... HELP!"(Salia)

"Uwooh, whats going on?!"(Guard 1)

"...Hah...HELP US..!"(Feil)

"...UUUUUWAAAAA~ HELP!"(Drum)

"...Help..."(Saria)

The kids in synchronisation pleaded help from the guards, while the guards couldn't help but be dumbfounded about how they were behaving.

"I wonder what's going on?"(Villager 1)

"What's happening?"(Villager 2)

"What's with the annoying brats?"(Villager 3)

The onlookers were murmuring amongst themselves and a crowd was brewing due to the commotion the children were causing, however this came to an end when someone came out from the crowd.

"Oi, shitty brats what's going on?"(????)

"Zail is in trouble!"(Salia)

He was a former A-rank adventurer who is now currently donning a navy cloak and leather armor. Known to many as a drunkard, his dark brown hair radiates in the surroundings, his brown eyes glistens in the light and his tan indicates he's not from that country.

"He's back!"(Villager 4)

"He has the fire in his eyes again!"(Villager 5)

"The A-rank adventurer 'Gald The Beserker'!"(Villager 6)

"It seems like my punching bag ran off eh?"(Gald)

"Oi, I said explain the circumstances!"(Gald)

"Y-yes!"(Salia)

As Salia was explaining the circumstances, in the shadows of the Village it seems there were unwelcomed guests spectating.

"Send him a message!"(Spy 1?)

"Yes sir!"(Spy 2?)

The spy sent off his subordinates to send the message to his superior, however what they didn't suspect was that they were also being eavesdropped on.

"Time to report back to M'lady."(Maid)

The maid who was eavesdropping on the spies was then engulfed in a magic circle for a split second then she disappeared.

When these turn of events unfolded, in a place far away from this village there was an elf. This elf formerly used various dyes to make her hair appear blond, however it seems the dye has finally become undone and what remained was a pure white long hair. This elf has sparkling blue eyes and a beautiful face.

This elf reminisced her days with her little brother, whom she was separated with however her thoughts came to astop when she a knock.

"Come in."(Beautiful Elf)

"M'lady, it seems like your brother has disappeared."(Maid)

"W-what?!"(Beautiful Elf)

The words the maid gave to the beautiful elf made the elf turn pale.

"Explain!"(Beautiful Elf)

Because of her state of shock and surprise, the elf accidently yelled at the maid.

"Yes--"(Maid)

The beautiful elf listened to her maid while clutching her necklace, that seemed to have a small bracelet interlooped around the string.

Whilst this exchange was happening a meeting was being held between one the Kingdom's nobles and one of the Church's executives.

"In exchange for 'that boy' I offer to assist you in expanding the influence of the Church Of Order, you will also be given reparations for losing a nice chess piece that could be held against the <<Divine Saint>>."(King)

It seems like the King himself of the Albashuru Kingdom was bargaining with the Church Of Order's Pope.

"What's the catch?"(Pope)

"We turn this kingdom into the 'Holy Kingdom Albashuru', and then set out for the conquest of dominating the continent of Comoinis."(King)

The King Of The Albashuru Kingdom has plans to rule over the continent and--

"I like the way you think, Kukuku...."(Pope)

--The main supporters of this foul King is none other than the Pope of the Church Of Order.

"As do I, Kahaha...."(King)

"KUHA / KAHA"(Pope / King)

As the King and Pope were about to bask in their delusions of domination.

BANG

The door flew open, a Priest seems to have come in a hurry. The loud sound of the door being slammed open seems to have awoken the King and the Pope.

"...Sir!"(Priest)

"What?"(Pope)

The Pope seemed unhappy, if not, radiating with fury. Normally the Pope would have killed anyone who dared to do this to him, however since it was his favourite subordinate he let it go.

"...Hah...Hah...'The boy'..!"(Priest)

"'The boy?'"(Pope)

The Priest was out of breath and couldn't state the circumstances efficiently, so the Priest took a wheeze of air in and began explaining.

"...'The boy' has disappeared!"(Priest)

"What?! Explain, quick!"(Pope)

"Yes, what happened was--"(Priest)

The Pope was pale faced, there were a variety of reasons why he was pale faced. However the biggest reason for this is because--

"--You mean to tell me the descent of the gods has fell into a dungeon and has perished?!"(Pope)

The boy who disappeared was a descendant of the gods and also--

"One of the 21 heroes who will save this world from the Great Calamity has perished?!"(Pope)

"...I'm afraid so..."(Priest)

--He was also one of the destined 21 heroes who will save the world.

"What are we going to do now?!"(Pope)

"...M-maybe the prophecy was false..?"(Priest)

"It can't be. The Goddess Of Fate And Possibilities 'Irune', personally came down to Horal to display the message to ALL the Churches Of Fate And Possibilities."(Pope)

"...We're dead..."(Priest)

"...We must do something..."(Pope)

The King who was silently watching what was unfolding interjected into their misery.

"...What did the message even state..?"(King)

"...It stated "In 26 years the world shall be invaded by the Great Calamity, and there will be 6 born-heroes and 15 summoned-heroes that will defend the world against the Great Calamity", that was the message given 2 years ago, so in other words--"(Pope)

"--In 24 years the calamity will begin with 20 heroes..."(King)

Both the King and the Pope know the severity of the situation, because there are countless tales of heroes building kingdoms within a mere month, and heroes defeating dragons empty-handed.

"Eh... I thought we could barely handle the last Calamity, so why can't we handle this?"(Priest)

"Last Calamity was handled because we summoned 100 heroes from different worlds, and they only managed to slay it with the casuality of many lives being lost. This is the reason for this world having 70% of the population being females and the small 30% being males, because men didn't want their family members to die so they perished, even then only 6 heroes managed to survive."(Pope)

"...If that was just a 'Calamity' then what about a 'Great Calamity'..."(Priest)

"..."(Pope)

"..."(Priest)

"..."(King)

"W-wait! How do we know he is one of the born-heroes?"(Priest)

"We know because as 'Irune' was stating the names of the heroes she mentioned his sister's name first and then her role. We gave priority in the sister because 'the boy' hadn't had his role stated because her message cut out before it could be stated."(Pope)

"..."(Priest)

"..."(King)

"..."(Pope)

The gravity of the situation began to sink in the three people's head.

"...W-why did we even spread those rumors about 'the boy'..."(Priest)

"...It's politics. The nobles wouldn't shut up about their distain for him..."(King)

"...We are so fucked..."(Priest)

"...F-for now, send a search party..!"(Pope)

"...Yes sir..."(Priest)

The Priest answered the Pope with absolutely no motivation as he left the room. While the kingdom was in distress Zail was--

"It would taste better with some sauce."(Zail)

--Being a connoisseur of dried food, in a dark area with no light.

4