Chapter 1
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing near a desk on the side of a mostly clear room is a young boy who looks to be no older than sixteen, hammering away at a piece of metal slowly changing and shaping what looks to be scraps into something most would pay a fortune for. He has hair so black that it looks like it could take in all light around and never release it, skin so pale that if you didn't know better you could mistake him for a vampire, his clothes looked like they used to look quite good, if they were not covered in soot and dust, but the most striking thing about him is his glowing purple eyes that look so very mystical. Just one look and you can tell that this boy is not normal.

 As the boy is hammering on the metal in front of him, now starting to resemble a ball, his mind starts to wonder, and soon he is thinking about how his life has been going so far. About how he has created nearly all of the devices shown in his fathers plans and research, about how he has advanced and changed some of the ideas, and about how he has even created his own original devices inspired by his fathers ideas and what he could do. Just as he started to go deeper into thought he heard a large crack while feeling the metal in his hands break. If someone were in the room to see when this happened they would not see disappointment, but sheer determination that shows on his face.

“Well there goes that attempt. Forty-three down and who knows how many more to go.” The boy says while walking towards a large pile of scraps in the corner of the room that will eventually be reused.

After disposing of the failed metal globe the boy starts back to his desk in hopes to start anew. But just as he made it there he heard the door to his workshop open up. Turning around he sees a woman who looks to be in her mid to late thirties. It is the boy's mother. She is wearing a long white coat and a matching black shirt and pant pair. She has light brown hair that descends down to her shoulders but the most eye catching thing about her is that similarly to her son her eyes glow in a bright color. In her case it is orange. The moment he sees his mother standing in the doorway he knows he is in for a world of trouble.

“Kyron! Get over here!” The woman shouts while moving toward a pair of chairs off to the corner.

“Ye-yes mother! Be right there. I just have to clean up my work space real qu..” Kyron starts to say but is soon interrupted by his mother.

“Right now Kyron. And don't make me drag you over here.” His mother says with a look so menacing it would scare a dragon into submission.

Kyron sets down the metals he was just about to move into his storage device and starts to head over to his mother. On his way there he can’t help but think that after years of dealing with his mothers nagging he should gain some kind of nagging resistance.

“Kyron, what with that look on your face? Are you thinking something rude about me?” She says with a smile that does not reach her eyes.

“N-No mother, I would ne-” 

“Just get over here already and quit stalling”

“Yes!” Kyron almost shouts while running over and jumping in the chair across from his mother.

“Mother. Why have you deemed me worthy of being graced with your divine presence?” says trying to keep a straight face.

“Kyron. Cut the crap. You know why I am here. So tell me, when was it that you last took a break from your..” She starts to slowly look around the room seeing many scraps of metal and tools laying around and then looks back to her son and finishes her sentence “projects.”

After a moment of thinking, which is already far longer than should be needed, Kyron looks slightly to the side of his mother while saying,” Well I just went out to get some breakfast a little bit ago, so maybe three hours ago?”

“Hahh… what do I do with you…. When did you take a break.. That wasn't for eating or sleeping?” his mother says while very clearly struggling to get a straight answer out of her son.

“Well, I, Uh, three….” Kyron says in a very quiet voice.

“I need you to speak up. My ears are not designed to understand incoherent mumbling.”

“Th-three days ago…” he says knowing what his mother's reaction will be long before he finishes his sentence.

“Kyron! How many times do I have to tell you that you can't just spend all your time locked away in this workshop of yours. Go outside and do something that isn't tinkering away at sheet of metal after sheet of metal. And try to make a friend! Goddess knows you need one!” his mother says practically screaming by the end of he little rant.

“Yes mom, I will go once I-”

“Now!”

“Yes!!” and with that word Kyron grabs his pack and runs right out the door. Not before saying his goodbyes to his mother though.

“My, what am I to do with the boy. James.. What would you do if you could see your son now? No. Scratch that, you would be right there along with him. I will never understand how you two are so similar….”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    After running out of his workshop before his mother could get more angry than she already was, Kyron started to aimlessly wander around town in hopes of finding something that he would enjoy while expending his forced “social” hours. As he was looking around he couldn't help but feel that while the town of Autumsday is a nice little place, it could be so much more. The streets lit by small light orbs could instead be illuminated by artificially created light crystals, which would not only light more area with less lights but also charge themselves when exposed to the light of the sun. There are also the sewers in the city that not only could be connected to a fire crystal to burn away the waste into ash, but could also be connected to each and every building and home instead of the communal bathrooms in different parts of the city. And not to mention the guard post and the walls. Some idiot decided it would be a good idea to make them out of wood. The wood could be changed to stone or metal, magi-sensors can be added to the guard posts to check people's identities and past crimes. As Kyron was getting carried away thinking about what can be done to better advance his small town he noticed a slight glimmer coming from a purple orb to the side of an old man's stall. The old man's other wares looked to be old magic tomes and magical trinkets. But none of that interested him, most of it wasn't even the real thing. But the orb off to the side of the man, if it’s what he thinks it is, could be the final key to complete one of his long time projects. With a look around to see if any others are looking towards the old man's stall he starts to head over to talk to him.

“Hey old man. What are you selling that's so important it needs to be separated from all the others” Kyron says while pointing towards the purple orb.

“Watch it boy! I’m not that old! Fifty-eight is hardly anything to write home about.” the old man says with a face clearing showing no aggravation about the comment. If anything you can see a slight hint of amusement with the right side of his mouth slightly turned up.

“Sorry. Sorry. But I truly do want to know. What is that orb?” 

“Boy, it seems you have quite the eye. This right here is an object so rare you would be lucky to ever see one in your life after this. An object that, while having few uses, excels at all of them. This right here is the core of an S-class beast!” the man says with a look of pure excitement on his face while talking about his wares.

    Of course Kyron did not believe the man. Why would he be selling something that could make him a fortune out in the middle of who knows where on a street that is not even the main. So he decided to use one of the skills he developed with the help of the tech in his status implant. Scan. It is an ability that will show to the user the status of the object or person that was targeted.

Object Name: Void Dragon Core

Class: S+

Description: The core of a void dragon. The very heart of the beast and the source of its massive power. This core came from a void dragon, a dragon now for its prowess in spatial and time magics. This beast is capable of destroying fortresses on a whim, and is luckily a mostly reclusive beast.

After he read that Kyron was so shocked that he tuned everything out as he stared at it in wonder. After another minute of thinking looks towards the man and begins to speak.

“Old man! I need this orb! How much is it!” Kyron shouts while looking through his bag to get out his money.”

“Boy it’s not for sale.”

“Bu-but-” Kyron starts to say but is soon cut off.

“I did not say that you could not have the core. Just that I will not sell it" the man says while looking towards Kyron.

"But if your not selling it how am I supposed to get it." Kyron asks with a look of pure confusion on his face.

"Easy boy. You will owe me a favor. Cores like this, as I have said, have very few uses. And you seem to have one. And before you ask why I would do this. Think of it as an investment. Boy I have a good eye for people and know what I'm doin'. Do we have a deal?"

"Yes'' Kyron replied without a shred of hesitation. 

                The boy in his hurry to get the core did not even think on what this deal could end up entailing. And even if he did he would still have taken it. Grabbing the core thanking the man, he started to run back to the workshop to do that which he has been dreaming of. That is, right after he deals with an angry mother wondering why her son is already back working after not even two hours have passed.

[Name: Kyron 


Level: 8


Age: 16 


Condition: Minor Exhaustion 


Race: Human


Class: Magi-Technician 


Rank: Inapplicable 


Health: 800


Str: 9


Agl: 11


Int: 27


End: 9


Mana: 100


Magic Power: Indeterminable


Titles: Technomaniac, Recluse, Genius, The Pinnacle of Magi-Tech


Skills:    Passive-  Increased Learning, Technological Touch, Steady Hands


    Active- Scan Lv. 9, Repair Lv. 7, Assemble Lv. 6, Deconstruction Lv. 6, Reconstruction Lv. 1,  Fuse Lv. 1, Create Lv. 1

   

    Resistances- Sleep (Mid), Fire (Low), Soul (Extreme)


Gifts: Perfect Memory, ???]

0