Meteor Shower
357 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BONG-CHA POV

“Hey, where is the Dark King’s room?”

The girls asked, but I couldn’t just let them enter.

“Sorry but I can’t tell you. He says I shouldn’t, so I won’t.”

I refused them then walked to the kitchen to get some drinks from the fridge.

“Aw, but you told him that you’d send us there.”

“Yeah, but as a joke. Just to worry him.”

“Boo, you’re no fun!”

They both mocked, but I ignored them with a smile.

“Bong-Cha why didn’t you tell us about your older brother?”

Jin-Ha asked.

“Yeah. Don’t you think we would have liked to know that our friend is the Dark King’s sister?”

Yoon-Ha commented.

I eye rolled and set the tray of drinks down. This was the problem with letting people know that I was related to Oppa. They suddenly start referring to me as the Dark King’s little sister. All because of the stupid reputation he got himself from middle school.

‘All you do is beat up a neighborhood gang then suddenly everyone crowns you the Dark King and you are feared throughout the streets of Seoul. Stupid Oppa.’

“Come on Bong-Cha. Tell us about him.”

“Yeah, yeah. Does he have a girlfriend?”

“Girlfriend? That narcissistic bastard couldn’t get one even if his life depended on it.”

“Eh? Really?”

“Yep. My brother sucks at talking to people. Like there was this one time in grade 3 when my aunt came over to talk to us. Oppa couldn’t even talk to her. He just kept on stammering, leaving all the talking to my mother…”

I noticed that my tone was slowly lowering. That happened whenever my mother came to mind.

“So that means he’s free and single? Got any pics?”

Yoon-Ha asked. I sighed and picked up my phone. I opened gallery and showed them the pics I secretly took of him whenever he wasn’t aware.

“Ou, the king’s ripped.”

Jin-Ha commented.

I got bored of listening to them talk about him so I walked upstairs to go to my room and left my phone with them to keep on distracting them. When I got there, I laid on my bed. I would need to take a shower later, but right now I felt exhausted.

‘Stupid Oppa.’

After whatever he was doing at school I was going to give him hell at home. How dare he call me Bon-bon and in front of others no less. I would bash his head in several times over. Speaking of bashing, I hadn’t seen the wooden katana he bought for me in a while. He had probably hidden it because I had been hitting him with it a lot.

I got off the bed and looked up as I saw a streak of crimson red through my window. I ran to the window sill and kept on looking at it.

‘A meteor shower.’

I thought.

‘Wait. Oppa would like this. Lemme take a video. Where’s my phone… the girls. Tch.’

I remembered that I left it with those two. I continued looking at it.

‘Hope you can see it.’

I wished, before turning to go downstairs.

“Hey! Bong-Cha! Is this the Dark King’s room?”

I heard their voices from somewhere, but it wasn’t downstairs. I looked towards Oppa’s door and saw the girls about to open it.

“Hey! What are you doing?”

“Don’t worry. We are just grabbing a peek at it.”

They began twisting the handle.

“No-“

BOOM!

There was a loud boom that shook the earth.

“Earthquake?!”

Yoon-Ha screamed.

‘Earthquake? At a time like this? What the hell? Oppa!’

The rumbling kept on for a while along with the girls screaming. Luckily in the house we didn’t really keep anything around apart for in our rooms so I believed that the hallway was the safest place for us at the moment. I stood next to a wall and held on.

I didn’t know actual safety measures in case of an earthquake and I was starting to regret that.

 

MIN-JU POV

I walked out of the class after the teacher agreed. He said he’d follow me, so I was still holding my stomach in pain while running.

“No running in the hallways!”

He shouted, but I ignored him. I managed to get to the washroom. I entered one of the cubicles and slammed the door shut. I dropped my pants down just for the authenticity of it and opened the toilet.

I nearly barfed out my lunch since some moron forgot to flush, so I had to do it. There was no toilet paper around so I walked out to go steal from another cubicle but I met the Snake’s deadly gaze.

The Snake’s gaze trailed down to meet the deadly gaze of my own snake.

“Student Min-ju! What is this?!”

“Um sir, the toilet paper in this cubicle was done so I was going to take from the other one. If you don’t mind me.”

I ignored him and checked the other one. There was no toilet paper there, and the toilet seat was covered in piss, with a huge chunk of shit in the bowl.

‘Who the hell did this?’

I closed the seat and flushed, then proceeded to the next cubicle. I met the snake’s gaze again and he met my snake’s yet again.

“Student Min-ju where your pants.”

“No sensei!”

“Huh?”

“Once the pants have been dropped, there is no lifting them up till the deed is done! You should know this as a man! Now let me be! My search for my toilet paper.”

“Just go raw.”

“What? So a hand comes and asks me if I want the red or blue toilet paper? No way.”

“What? Never mind, I’ll go ask the janitor to bring you some. I’m going back to the class.”

He said with a bored expression and left.

I went to the last cubicle and opened it up. What I saw made me close the door immediately. Honestly what kind of sick psychopaths did I go to school with?

I let out a sigh then after a few minutes I went to take a peep at the door. I couldn’t see him on the hallway so I rushed back inside and shut the door.

Inside the washroom there were some small windows above the cubicles. Normally one wouldn’t have been able to pass through those easily, but thanks to my slender frame, it would have been no problem. I put up my pants then got to the window. I tried to open the glass, but it was locked.

I cursed my luck and thought of how to break the lock, but then I saw a streak of red. The meteor shower had begun. There was no way I was making it out.

I sat back down, completely giving up on it, but just then I heard a knock.

I looked up and saw a pair of legs by the window.

 

SUNG-HO POV

“Oi. Didn’t you hear the teacher say that we should keep quiet?”

I recognized that as the first year’s voice. I snuck a glance and saw him glaring at Park Chul and his gang, his bloodied lip making him look like some sort of demon.

“Hey kid, you talking to us?”

Park Chul asked, returning the favour.

“Is anyone else here talking?”

One of Park Chul’s servants got up and walked towards the kid. I honestly didn’t care who he was so I referred to him as Subordinate #1. He grabbed the kid by his shirt and lifted him up.

“You want another beating before you realise your place?”

‘Oh? So he went up against them earlier? Is he insane?’

The kid grabbed #1’s arm and stood up, head butting him hard. The subordinate winced in pain and let go of the kid.

“Listen here! The teacher told us something, so just do it! Why can’t you guys just follow orders, huh?”

Park Chul clicked his tongue and stood up. His other subordinates followed after as he got closer to the kid. This was going to be bad.

“Brat, what makes you think you have the right to be saying such crap? You’re just a first year, right? Shut up and don’t bother us unless-“

“Park Chul.”

I called. He froze up and looked at me glaring at him. Normally I wouldn’t have cared, but detention was not nice at all. I should have been out there searching for that girl not here watching a bunch of morons argue like kids.

“Is Park Chul scared of the Dark King?”

“Yeah, totally. Can’t you see his expression?”

The strays started whispering among themselves.

‘Oi, oi. Why are you trying to make things worse?’

I gave a warning shot to all those mumbling and they piped down then I looked back at Park Chul.

“I believe the teacher told us to sit down. Please obey him.”

I said in my calmest voice. The normal thing to do was sit, but it would appear that Park Chul grew a pair.

“Make me.”

He said with what I could barely call a man’s voice.

“What?”

“I-I said make me!”

I got a good look at him, completely curious as to this new development. It was probably as a result of the earlier comments by the strays. I couldn’t believe he would take such bait. Normally I would simply ignore, but if this got out, more people would be giving me headaches. I had sort of gotten comfortable with the safety the title The Dark King offered.

CLICK

The door to the room made a clicking sound, which meant that the teacher was around. They all quickly rushed back to their seats to avoid any trouble with him.

He opened the door and came through, observing the entire class before going back to his podium. He took his seat and opened up a book to read.

I got bored so I took out the pocket watch and tried to open it again. It made that weird ticking sound once again and I sighed.

“Mr. Kwon Sung-ho, bring that plaything.”

“Eh? I can’t.”

“What do you mean you can’t?”

“I mean it is very important to me.”

“What?”

“Teacher, you see, my future wife dropped this and I picked up so I have to go give it to her.”

“What nonsense are you talking about? Bring that thing here now!”

BOOM!

The entire ground begun to shake furiously.

“Earthquake! Everyone, get under your desk now!”

The snake ordered. We followed suit as he did. The entire place shook greatly and the lights flickered violently. The ceiling fan crashed down and some dust fell from the ceiling.

Strangely, at this point all I found myself thinking about was my little sister. I really hoped she was alright.

While the earthquake happened, a weird screen appeared in front of me.

[DRIVE HAS BEEN INSERTED… APOCALYPSE INTEGRATION STARTING…]

‘Huh? What’s this.’

I wanted to poke at it, but then I just blacked out immediately.

12