Prologue
1.1k 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I gradually opened my eyelids, I was taken aback by the unfamiliar surroundings. "Huh?" I uttered, immediately realizing that I was not in my own house. Without wasting a moment, I quickly stood up and surveyed my surroundings.

 

 

"Where am I? Why am I not dead yet?" I pondered, The loneliness weighed heavily on me, making me question if I would be stuck here indefinitely. The uncertainty left me wondering, "Where the hell am I?"

 

Suddenly, a feminine voice resonated around me, as if I were in a room.

 

"Relax and calm down, young one," the soothing voice echoed. As I swiftly searched for the source of the voice, the lady continued speaking.

 

"You won't be able to find me unless I allow it," the voice explained calmly. "Take a deep breath and find peace within your mind. Once you have reached a state of tranquility, I will do my best to answer the questions swirling in your thoughts."

 

I took a deep breath, feeling the air fill my lungs, and exhaled slowly, letting go of any tension or unease.

 

After a minute, I felt a sense of calm washing over me, allowing me to settle down on the soft, fluffy floor. With a newfound composure, I prepare myself to receive the answers I sought."First of all, what happened to me, I thought I died already after getting shot saving mom?" my family were in a hostage situation and as the criminal about to shoot at  my mom, I suddenly pushed mom and got shot in return.

 

"Oh my, straight to the point are we?, the answer is simple, you died saving your mom."

 

Startled from the answer, I look up in sky or whatever that is above me, I really died huh, although I didn't die from the shot since my consciousness was still there but rather from excessive bleeding since the aftermath of the shot was excruciatingly painful but I'm happy knowing I died instead of mom.

 

Although the main question Is now answered, there are still many things that I wanted to ask.

 

"You are merely in a space that I created for you and I to meet, I am called from many names but you humans know me as a goddess."

 

"Huh," I pondered, amazed at the unexpected encounter with a divine being.

 

I instinctively kowtowed upon hearing her proclamation. "I humbly apologize for my ignorance and foolishness," I uttered, expressing remorse for my initial lack of understanding.

 

"No need for such formalities," the goddess reassured me. "Allow me to provide further clarification.

 

I am a goddess who governs over life itself. My domain extends to all forms of life, encompassing plants, animals, humans, and every other living being. However, it is not within my authority to determine when a person dies, as that task falls upon the grim reaper. Nevertheless, I hold control over various aspects of life, including love, desire, ambition, and countless others."

 

I understand a gist of what she's saying but why does she want to meet me?

 

As if she read my mind, "The purpose of my visit or our meeting is quite simple, Den Telson," the goddess revealed. "Would you like a second chance to save both your family and yourself?"

 

A second chance to rescue my family and myself left me in a state of contemplation. Was such a thing truly possible? Nevertheless, even if only for a moment, I allowed myself to entertain the idea.

 

"I am willing to grant you a second chance, but under one condition," the goddess stated.

 

A condition? Well, as long as it is something within my capabilities, I thought to myself.

 

"What is your condition?" I asked, curious to know the terms.

 

The goddess replied, "It's quite simple, you must agree to play a game."

31