Author Update! (I’m not dead… Just not back yet)
147 17 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, FCloud here! Been a while…

I know.

I did plan on returning like last year's summer break or something IIRC…

But…

Stuff kept happening.

First, what happened when I first went on hiatus: College. (TMI incoming)

College happened. They say that college is easy. It isn’t. They also say that college is fun. Not really. I mean, it depends from person to person. For me, at least the college I’m in and the course I’m doing isn’t as fun as I’d like it to be.

But yeah, initially, it was just me being busy af with college. Then came the illnesses. I fell ill a lot. It was just a cold, cough, fever, flu and the like. Ended up in the hospital for a week at the end of 2022, I think.

I ended up with more medicines than meals in a day…

That was my 2022 winter break. 

Before that, it was just miserable internet in college and me trying to adjust to my life on the island that my college is on. 

Anyway…

After that were retests, more doctor visits, some more infections and just Murphy’s Law in general. (Like several instances of Anaphylaxis and one case of Anaphylactic Shock)

Most of the time, I was just too tired to actually work on stuff. Because a lot of my professors just had some quirk or the other which made a lot of my classes feel like a chore. Eg.- One of my professors in the last sem had miserable English and taught a difficult/confusing subject (the guy used to gloat that only he could teach us that subject because even he took years to understand it) in his miserably broken English. To the point that I had to mentally proofread his words before I could understand what he’d said.

We were also told to write multiple research papers in 3 months last sem. I, like many others, submitted next to nothing and still got decent marks seemingly out of thin air. And I literally said to my professor’s face that I didn’t wanna do the research paper. I have no idea how I survived that. I guess my college just wanted to save its own hide when it saw the miserable turnover for the research papers.

The main thing is that college is making me operate in what feels like a constant state of burnout. By the end of every semester, I think that I’ve got things figured out. Then the next semester, Murphy’s Law takes effect once again and I’m left scrambling to hold things together.

Also, we had to shift to our new house last year. That too was quite an ordeal since the previous owners took months to leave and then it took several more months to renovate the place before we could finally shift. 

Also, there were my internships and whatnot. Compulsory stuff. My winter break went away in that.

So… That was why I didn’t have the time to write.

Now, to other, more fun stuff.

I got into reading fanfics. Not on WattPad. I tried that website. It wasn’t particularly for me. Too much unfinished and badly written stuff on there.

And, courtesy of my own novel, surprisingly, I got into rockets and stuff. Regularly watch Falcon 9s whenever I get the time. X streams suck. Ugh…

Starship launches were good. And we got Vulcan up. Yay for blue flames! And lots of other stuff too…

Also, on the topic of fanfics, I’ve mostly read those on ScribbleHub. Good place. Some are there on Webnovel too.

Also, another story idea that I got after reading lots of FFs, DC x Harry Potter, where Batman discovers the wizarding community. Probably in a scenario where Bruce is monitoring the various cameras that he’s got around Gotham when he notices, say, someone apparating in only for all the tech there to get messed up due to the magic particles. His paranoid self kinda goes on hyperdrive when he realises that this happens in several locations and several instances. Maybe throw in some investigation that causes Aurors to visit him to wipe his head. But while he isn’t able to prevent them from messing with his head initially, he’s already got several multilayered backups to remind himself of the entire ordeal or something. And stuff really escalates from there. And no. Bruce Wayne is not a wizard. He’s a through-and-through muggle. He doesn’t even really want to do magic. It’s canon. He’s literally refused the ability to use magic. Maybe the Justice League can get involved after a while, but the main focus will probably be Batman vs. Wizards from Harry Potter.

Honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever get around the developing this idea. I don’t find my own writing skills worthy enough to do it justice. I’m more of an ideas guy.

So, if anyone, who’s actually got skill or just wants to give it a go, wants to give it a go, go right ahead. Just tell me about it. Because I really wanna read it… 

Now, as for my main story: WFWT (The name is honestly too embarrassing for me to tell others. I feel like I thought up the title during my Chuuni phase or something but it’s honestly too late to change as the title is kind of stuck to the story on illegal aggregator sites, lol)

So, yeah, about that story. I’ve got a character to set up. A character that I’ve got in my head for a long time. Once that is done, I’ll be able to be a whole lot more relaxed. 

It’s funny because I’ve already thought up a couple of ways to end this series. All are kind of similar. I mean the outcome is basically the same. However, I haven’t actually gotten around to filling out the parts between where I currently am and the ending. As I said, I’m an ideas guy…

Oh and speaking of characters, I saw a lot of anime recently. Hyakkano was around. As close to perfection as it could get. Just sad about the removal of the Nanonanoda scene. But the animators were short on time so no can do. But it will be getting a second cour, so yay!

And there was also Dead Mount Death Play as well as TEIS.

Also, SL’s anime is out. The pure Japanese version sounds miserable. Sung Jinwoo is Mizushino Shun. Baek Yoonho is Shirakawa Taiga. Go Gunhee is Goto Kiyoomi. Cha Haein in Kousaka Shizuku. And so on. I won’t bother you with too much of the pain.

But they do have another Japanese version with Korean names. The Korean dub should also be rolling out but I haven’t personally seen it.

Mashle 2 is also there.

And finally, one of my favourites, Instant Death got an anime. Pretty cool Isekai series. The guy’s a walking SCP. Kills anyone with a thought, regardless of power or distance. Heck, the guy can even “kill” concepts like Physics-related stuff and whatnot. And that’s just 2 levels worth of his power. Aka, he’s really, really, really holding himself back. Guy even survived a Time Stop kill attempt in the novel… From what I’ve read, there’s literally no killing him. (aka, Ainz gonna die without even realising it…)

Now, finally, when will I be back? Idk. Probably once this semester ends, I can actually start thinking about it. Because, allegedly, my last year of college is supposed to actually be relaxed. So, as long as I can get a long internship or two, I’ll essentially be done with college after this semester. They’ve apparently started allowing students to essentially skip the semesters if their internships are too long.

So, I’ll probably be posting an update if and when I survive this semester. And we also need to do some sort of a project. So, hopefully, I survive…

So TL;DR is as follows:-

I’m not dead.

I wasn’t around because my college made life miserable. 

I’ll be back definitely, just maybe after college is done.

I got into rockets. (As in, I got interested in outer space and rockets and stuff…)

I also started reading a lot of Fanfics. (Nothing particularly too R-rated, unfortunately for anyone wondering)

New, fun anime came out, which I either watched or will watch:

  • The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You
  • Dead Mount Death Play
  • The Eminence in Shadow
  • My Instant Death Ability Is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me!
  • Solo Leveling.

P.S.: 

You’ll still find me active around websites. I’ve always been more of a reader than a writer…

And as you might notice from how this update was structured, I’m not too much of an organised person. I usually go about doing things as they come to me. Though I do sometimes have some blips of organisation here and there…

P.P.S.: I had this typed out for a while now. But I just couldn’t get myself to publish it. Either I was too busy or just other stuff was there. 

And I’ll be honest for once, I’d talk about it more if people who know me IRL didn’t know about the existence of this series… Because I like to keep my online and offline life as separate as possible, and I’d rather not have people who know me personally, point out/know things I do/write online when we meet/talk. It’s just a personal preference. I’m introverted that way or something, I guess, Idk…

3