Chapter 3: Compromise
155 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sylvia held her head and sighed. This whole situation is complicated. The strange being who claims himself a human from a different world was such a headache-inducing person.

Sylvia saw from his face that he did not fear them, he did not fear their power and was not even disturbed by the situation he was in. That amount of confidence could either mean that he's so retarded that he can't recognise danger or that he's confident in his ability to either escape or destroy them completely.

She sighed again. She knows she can't make any stupid assumptions about Kyr's capabilities. She saw him learn their language and information about them in a matter of seconds. He literally ripped it from one of their best field agent; Elana.

They can't afford to create another enemy especially now since the anomalies have been steadily getting stronger and more bizarre these past few years. Kyr did not seem to harbour any malicious intent towards them and this planet. His eyes seem to show intense curiosity about the new world that he found himself in.

Sylvia found herself opening the door to a large room. All the higher-ups all over the world have been invited to impromptu meeting regarding this strange being.

Division five captain Samir was trailing behind her and has been quite the whole time. They have ten minutes left till the meeting begins.

"Something on your mind Samir." She asked him after taking a sit on one of the leather chairs.

"Why are we not destroying this guy? He could be a really dangerous monster that can endanger us all."

"Because he's powerful and we can't afford to allocate resources in destroying a monster if we are not able to stop him here. If he turns out to be a very powerful being that can wipe out the beacon and hope headquarters in England then all hope is lost. It would be like fighting a war on two fronts.

What we need is to get him on our side to help us. The anomalies are getting stronger and we need all the help we can get." She explained patiently.

"But what if he's an enemy."

"Then we will destroy him, there is no other option!" Her eyes hardened as she said this.

"But for now I believe that Kyr means is no harm. So you must not provoke him Samir. I don't understand your hatred for this being, he has not killed anyone." Sylvia asked Samir.

Samir rubbed his head shyly.

"I guess I felt threatened or that I don't want to risk the lives of our men or the fate of this organisation just base on his words. I'd rather get rid of any unstable variables. He's not a human from this world commander, he does not care about what happens to this world, or the fate of the humans here."

"But he has to care about this world. This is his home now too. But I hope your worries don't come to pass to Samir. Anyway, what is he doing now? Bring up the camera feed."

The big massive screen lit up and showed a live feed in the room that Kyr is occupying. He was sitting in one of the sofas looking relax and content. He was drinking something in a white mug that had a bold lettering of the letter 'L' on the side of it.

Kyr was staring at the uncomfortable Elana with a mischievous smile on his face. At one point Kyr poked Elana's cheek and Sylvia saw her flinch in surprise.

"Tell me Samir, would someone acting like a child mean us any harm? He hasn't even put up any vigilance against us like he isn't worried at all. Samir he doesn't see us as something that he has to guard against because there would be no reason for us to attack him if we plan to work with him."

"Well he looks harmless for now but we do need to keep an eye on him, Commander. We can't dismiss him just because he acts innocent when he could be a snake bidding his time, attacking the moment we let our guard down around him." Warned Samir.

"That's why agent Elana would be perfect in monitoring our otherworldly guest. Especially since he's so enamoured with her, it would be good if they fall completely for each other, that way he would have a legitimate reason to protect this world."

Samir just looked at Sylvia dumbfoundedly.

***

Kyr sat watching the magical box that shows moving images on the screen. He marvelled at how humans on earth developed so much differently compared to the humans on Ainswyr. Kyr surmised that it must be because mana existed in that world and magic was a huge influence on the development of humanity in Ainswyr.

On earth, the humans here had no monsters that could wipe out a kingdom if it woke up on the wrong side of the bed. No single individual had the power to destroy armies with a flick of his wrist. No, in here humans were always destined to be at the top of the food chain and they only had each other to contend with.

That's why no kingdoms or dynasties ever lasted. That's why when weapons that could devastate life were invented, each country developed their own nuclear power and it's always been a stalemate. It's because one man doesn't fully control his whole country. It might seem like they do like in the state of North Korea or Russia but behind the country's respective rulers lies a support system that if it collapses, the individuals would also collapse along with it.

The same can't be said in Ainswyr, for someone to overthrow a king you must either be stronger than him or even prepared to lose thousands of soldiers to take him down. In Ainswyr only the strong is revered. Besides what kind of men would choose to fight a battle where it would take thousands of soldiers like himself to be sacrificed in order to even end one person's life, for a man as powerful as that would surely have his own army too? So it is extremely rare in Ainswyr for a ruler to overthrown by his own people. That possibility might only happen once every thousand years.

Kyr very much prefer the ways of this world. The instilled values that the strong must protect the weak. That must be why normal humans do not know the existence of magi's and the supernatural being of this world. They live in ignorance and are only privy to normal dangers. That must be why normal humans have gone to create wonders that focused on comfort and entertainment rather than potent techniques that serve to harvest the lives of people. 

Kyr does not know how the magi and the supernatural being accomplished an astonishing feat such as hiding the fact that people with powers exist or how they control radical individuals that think of themselves as a god amongst men and wished to seek to control their normal ignorant counterpart. This is why Kyr finds this world so fascinating, there are so many things to discover and entertain him. It used to be the joy of fighting that stave the boredom at bay but now studying this world is a much more interesting endeavour than destroying it.

Glancing at the corner of his eye, he notices the red-haired girl observing him while he was lost in his thoughts. He was slumped against her shoulder fully leaning on her. In a moment of impulsiveness, he rolled off against her landing his head on her lap.

She gave out a cute mini shriek of surprise which he finds endearing. He chuckled under his breath.

"What's on your mind, Elana." He said softly, closing his eyes enjoying the softness of her thighs.

"Why me.." she replied sheepishly.

Kyr opened his eyes and finds her golden orb staring into his.

"Because your hair is the same colour of blood and besides why couldn't it be you." He answered her simply. Kyr raised his hand and grabbed a lock of her hair between his fingers and slowly brought it up to his nose and inhaled, appreciating its flowery scent. Different from the rancid coppery smell of blood.

Kyr focused on her face and he noticed that her neck all the way to her pale cheeks was red.

"Would you please get your head off my lap?" She requested timidly.

"Hmm.. I don't think so. I'm very much comfortable here."

"But my legs are starting to feel numb." She pouted.

"I don't see how that's my problem." Kyr chuckled.

She shifted uncomfortably.

"Stay still. I'm sleepy." He ordered her sternly.

"By the way feed me those delicious round things, they're to my liking."

"You mean the chocolate biscuits?"

"Yes."

Kyr opened his mouth waiting for Elana to simply feed him.

Elana flushed wildly yet obliged to his requests. There was something about the way that he confidently demanded things from her like somehow any of his orders can't be defied. His demeanour and tone of voice simply reek of obedience and she can't help but get overwhelmed.

Kyr moaned in appreciation as the chocolate biscuit melted in his mouth creating a sensation of sweetness as the chocolate covering completed the more mild grainy flavour of the biscuit.

Elana shyly pulled her hand away to reach for another one like somehow she has now accepted her assigned role as his maid or attendant.

"Wait. There's still something."

"Huh?"

Elana's finger paused midair in confusion.

Kyr simply reached for her wrist and guided her finger back to her mouth. Kyr suckled and licked the chocolate off her forefinger and thumb.

"Ahh!" Elana peeped out in surprise.

"W-wha.. what are you doing.." she asked shakily.

"Getting the chocolate off, wouldn't want to waste such a delight. The quality of the chocolate is much different to where I'm from." He replied innocently.

"Sorry to disturb your romantic moment." Coughed Sylvia. Interrupting their moment.

Kyr simply grinned while Elana hid her face using her hands, too embarrassed to face her commander.

Elana peeked between her fingers and saw that it wasn't just Commander Sylvia who was in the room. Jackson, Bastian and Samir were also there and they were giving Elana an incredulous look.

"So has an agreement been reached concerning me?" Asked Kyr without the slightest intention of getting up from Elana's lap.

"There were a few people that were opposed to you and were very much in favour of either destroying you completely or confining you until they could find a way to control you or a way to defeat you." Commander Sylvia confessed truthfully.

"I'm not surprised. I would be more suspicious if there were no one who did not disagree in you  taking me under your wing." Laughed Kyr.

"So I assume some restrictions are imposed on me?"

Sylvia nodded.

"Yes. You are to be monitored at all times. Elana will be the agent that will monitor you and will be with you at all times. I assume you have no issues with that?"

Kyr smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

"When dispatching you to destroy anomalies you will move together with Jackson and Bastian including Elana of course. All four of you will be a unit and will learn to work together.

Elana will teach you the rules of this world and the social protocols. The Do's and don't. Also, no killing normal humans or using your power when you're in public."

"I'm okay with that." Answered Kyr nonchalantly.

"Good. Before you go on your first mission, you will have to go through a test to take a look at your abilities. A group of agents in training are having a final test in one of the dungeons on an isolated island south of here. You will go there and take the test with them. "

"That's no problem. At least I'll have something to look forward to. Elana is coming with me yes?" Asked Kyr.

"Yes, but she will be in the monitoring room. She can't be in the dungeon with you."

"Awww.. that's a shame. Was going to make her do the heavy lifting." Groaned Kyr childishly.

"We're taking you there tomorrow. Get some rest and get yourself settled with agent Elana. You both have been transferred to a house that's been prepared for you." Smiled Sylvia.

"But-" Elana protest.

"Don't worry Elana, your possessions have been transferred. You will like it there." Sylvia said simply and she turned around with her entourage leaving Elana frozen in shock with a very amused Kyr on her lap.

Please support me on kofi or Paypal if you enjoyed the story.

10