-2
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Warning, Anomaly detected."

A black hole created by the Yoon. Science and Technological Research Corporation's latest project went out of hand, after fleeing with assets to the other side of this endless world. 000. Contestant, with the support of the Alice Royal Union and the Western Pact, fought against the Yoon. Corporation. 

The Yoon. Corporation was deemed a hostile entity, and imminent military action was enforced. Chasing the Yoon. Corporation outside the Outer Lands, the military forces of the Alice Royal Union and the Western Pact. With the support of 000. Contestant, military action resulted in countless victories, until the assault on the Yoon. Corporation's Research and Science HQ occurred. 

"What are your thoughts 000.1. Valerio?" The military commander of the 8th. Royal Shock Army asked me.

"Proceed with caution for now, I am unsure what this Anomaly is, but readings are indeed uniquely strange. It resembles no weapon signature we know of." Everything, from Hornet Swarm Missiles to the latest newest weapon we fought, we named Devastation Class Thermite Drones. Nothing came. Insane amounts of radiation came from inside the HQ. My initial thoughts were that they were the defenses for the HQ, though their power still made that idea instantly fade.

Every command was a mistake, a order to retreat should have been ordered. Instead, an order from upper, 'Capture the Yoon. Corporation's Research and Science HQ.'

 

Hours later,

"Anom--anomaly--anmol--anomaly detected." 

Something was clearly wrong. My visual sensors showed a massive void, nothing, just darkness. It wasn't night, it was something insane. Something that would be almost impossible to recreate with our technology.

"A black hole..." That or something similar, it kept growing in size and pulling power. We still had a few minutes at most for the outer units to withdraw. "General, withdraw all troops from a 10 kilometer radius of this area. Leave all equipment behind, myself included." A strict order. "... If required, contact the 201st. United Artillery Battery to support your withdraw. Failure to withdraw will result in me issuing a future court martial General." 

A lone word came from that General... that young General. "Understood..." 

I watched from all my sensors... The Anomaly grew in size. It probably instantly killed those nearby in it's growth, yet... this black hole defied the current physics we held. It's growth was both unknown, and it's creation as well...

"They said we could reach the stars. Here, the Yoon. Corporation reached beyond the stars, beyond the countless suns and into the void..." 

There was little left to process. I sent messages to the remaining other numbers. 001., 002., and 004. I was sure if it was any other disaster or failure, I could always see those others again, but, I was not sure how my Shell and Self-Replication would fare against a black hole.

1