Appraise and the lesson which you learn only 3/5 of
48 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Equivalent exchange]

Like the name, it exchange 2 items of same value. From value of the small stone on the road to the value of one's soul. As long as the requirements are met you can change anything. Though there are rules to follow, this skill is still a hidden double edge knife, if you're not careful your exchanges will lead to your own demise.

So what went wrong?

From what Tang could remember, that feeling is like a golden thread embracing him, its gentle but suffocating and his conciousness faded. He doesn't even know what he had exchange, doesn't know if the fate of John has changed or even his tutorial rating. His only thought is that he can't transform into human if next time he's an animal again.

-----

When he wakes up it has already been a long time. Surrounding him is all white, except for a tall back which he's familiar with. Is this the resting zone the system mentioned?

[Well you're awake~ It took so long that I want to hibernate. Come come, let's decorate your space~!]

A low and charming voice filter through his muddled brain. Ah right, this handsome man from a host club is his system and he just came out of the tutorial. Right away his brain clear up and the rating smack him in the face. For a tutorial world and his first mission, he got a C, why is it a C? He looks up at the system feeling a little lost.

Seeing his stupid look it can't help but laugh, as a newbie the rating is not bad but his performance is really...

[You see, there's various aspects you've yet to count. From John's life to his games, how much do you know?]

How much? What Tang know is so little that it doesn't even count, the time he spent with John he doesn't take to heart that much, as most he only know the routine of works, even now he still can't figure out what that guy like. But isn't it a given? If he dig too much he'd lose points and tear up more plotholes. He has stick to the manual and do it right...?

[Pfff....silly child. Even if you dig you'd as most find mobs without names. Our purpose is to connect with the target yet you didn't find out anything about him. That is your mistake, you certainly understand John but you don't connect with him at all. From the beginning to end you focused on being a hamster. Did you ever question how things came to be for your target?]

No, the answer is no, he didn't spend time to throughout understand John or what type of dangers would he faced. The task doesn't require him to stick to the protagonist but he even neglect his target. John's story, beside the time he's with him, not even his past is known. All the chat they have are about the current events, about mundane things. Even as their trust value is high enough, they have no connection.

So is it wrong? What he doesn't realized is that the manual dig a big pit for him, following it too tightly caused unexpected problems arise and cut off his time early. Next time, he'd need to pay more attention and use more of his brain.

[Also use your system more, everything have multiple usage including skills. As your assistance, I hope you could find a more suitable use for me.]

....he will also took note of that. In the end, the problem concluded as 'Please use your brain to avoid pitfal'. But the task is completed, so what happens?

From the following panels, Tang watches as John life smoothly went by. For the exchange to finish the mission, his hamster life is not enough so the price is his own existence. He has been completely erased from that world, there's not even a trace left. In return, John's company grow and John himself also become successful. He watch as his target live a peaceful life till he died at 80, blending into the background of the protagonist's struggles. If there's any complain, that is his target never get married, but whatever make his target happy then suit himself, Tang doesn't have the right to judge.

"Sorry, next time I will become a great host and help my target. So John, sorry for my neglect."

The system watch as him standing there solemnly, checking over the details of his own account. Really, such a cute and serious child when he's reflecting his mistakes.

[Ah right you're now level 2. Beside from the usual benefits you also have one important new feature!]

"...huh? Really?"

Immediately, his attention was successfully drawn away. A new benefit is good for someone as clueless as him. So please hurry up and tell him!

[It's....]

"It's...?"

[We can now use emotes (*゜▽゜ノノ☆]

"...."

He takes back his complementing thoughts for this system, what high level system, this one is garbage, he want a refund!

[Also you can now customize this space into what you like, you can even make it into a lab Ų vŲ)?]

Yay, the system is the best! His lab and research could now be continued and even expand further! Yay! (≧▽≦ノノ゙☆.

With that both side reach a happy conclusion, quickly drawn away from the first world's failure. But when Tang were busy changing the white space, the system gave him a meaningful smile.

To the next world, how will you grow?

~~~~~

Author's note:

I'm updating continuously, some praise me (´・ω・`)

The temporary cover is being approved, it's our Tang! Huehue, TangTang right now doesn't have any fixed personality beside from being a scientist. Wonder how each world will shape him ~ ~)

Maybe at one point our poor TangTang will realize his personality is all over the place and will start to panic? Ó w Ò

Next world the ml officially debut! Wa! Finally! Meaningful relationship la~ still don't know if I should write smut la~

4