Chapter 30 – Visitation
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I can't believe you guys managed to sneak out!" I gushed excitedly. Kylie traced her thumb over my hand as she held it, smiling at me. 

"We had to come visit." Harry said. "See what the fuss was all about." 

"But we can't stay for long." Hermione said, looking around anxiously. "The Hogsmeade trip is only a few hours long this time, as Umbridge is more strict because of people leaving." 

"It's only because of Zonko's that we're here." Ginny added. "I love that guy. He just lets Hogwarts students do whatever the fuck they want." 

"Well, I'm glad you're all here, for one." Terry said, taking Draco's hand as the Malfoy beamed at him. 

"Me too." I said. "I love you guys so much." 

Kylie, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Ginny, Lee, Cedric, Suzanne, and Shannon had all come up to visit us through Zonko's fireplace, via the Floo network, with permission from the owner himself. They had surprised Terry and I as we walked down the busy street, sipping our bubble teas from Fortescue's, chatting and gossiping, and eyeing the shop fronts. 

We all threw our arms around each other and moved down the street towards mine and Terry's shop in a wide crowd, as Terry and I shot the bubbles from our bubble teas at random passers-by through our straws. 

"The story of your flight to freedom is being retold so often that I can tell it's soon going to become the stuff of Hogwarts legend." Shannon told me. 

"Even those who had been eye-witnesses were half-convinced they had seen you guys dive-bomb Umbridge on your brooms and pelt her with Dungbombs before zooming out of the doors." Ginny added. 

I sniggered. "That would have been awesome." 

"Straight after you left there was a great wave of talk about copying you." Suzanne said. 

"Yeah, I've frequently heard students saying shit like, 'Honestly, some days I just feel like jumping on my broom and leaving this place,' or, 'One more lesson like that and I might just do an Insurgent.'" Lee snickered. 

"DO an Insurgent?" I said, taken aback. 

"As in following in your footsteps, silly." Ginny grinned at me as I laughed. 

"You guys had definitely made sure nobody was likely to forget you too soon." Suzanne grinned. 

"Why's that?" I grinned, tossing my hair. 

"Well, for one thing, you hadn't left instructions on how to remove the swamp that's currently filling the corridor on the fifth floor of the east wing." Draco said, also grinning. 

"Umbridge and Filch have tried different means of removing it but without success." Hermione said. 

"Eventually, the area was roped off and Filch has been given the task of punting students across it to their classrooms." Ron yawned. "It's hilarious." 

"I'm certain that teachers like McGonagall or Flitwick could have removed the swamp in an instant but, just as in the case of your Wildfire Whiz-bangs, they seem to prefer to watch Umbridge struggle." Cedric said proudly. 

"That's so fucking funny." I said, and Terry went off in a fit of laughter. "Okay, who wants to see our banterful shop?" I grinned. 

"Me! Me!" 

"Hell fuckin' yeah." 

"I wanna!" 

"Sign me up!" 

Mine, Terry's, Fred, and George's windows hit the eye like a firework display. Casual passersby were looking back over their shoulders at the windows, and a few rather stunned-looking people had actually come to a halt, transfixed. The left-hand window was dazzlingly full of an assortment of goods that revolved, popped, flashed, bounced, and shrieked; my eyes began to water just looking at it, and I glanced sideways at Kylie as she gazed at it. The right-hand window was covered with a gigantic poster, purple like those of the Ministry, but emblazoned with flashing yellow letters:

'Why Are You Worrying About You-Know-Who? 

You SHOULD Be Worrying About U-NO-POO - the Constipation Sensation That's Gripping the Nation!' 

I smirked at it. I got the idea from what we were using to refer to Riddle instead of Voldemort; You-Know-Poo. 

"C'mon!" I led the way into the shop. 

It was packed with customers; I could not get near the shelves. The others were staring around, looking up at the boxes piled to the ceiling: here were the Skiving Snackboxes that we had perfected during the past year at Hogwarts; I noticed that the Nosebleed Nougat was most popular, with only one battered box left on the shelf. Okay; I made a mental note to tell the twins and Terry later. 

There were bins full of trick wands, the cheapest merely turning into rubber chickens or pairs of briefs when waved, the most expensive beating the unwary user around the head and neck, and boxes of quills, which came in Self-Inking, Spell-Checking, and Smart-Answer varieties. A space cleared in the crowd, and I pushed my way toward the desk-turned-counter, where a gaggle of delighted ten-year-olds was watching a tiny little wooden man slowly ascending the steps to a real set of gallows, both perched on a box that read: 'Reusable hangman - spell it or he'll swing!' 

"You like it?" I grinned. Harry was transfixed; staring around the shop, he nodded slowly, his face unfurling into a grin. Ron was already hunting down various items; Cedric was peering into a dark box next to the counter. Draco was gazing up at the second floor, while Ginny was eyeing up the Smart-Answer quills, and Lee had vanished to find the twins. Suzanne was giggling over a pair of boxer briefs, while Shannon rolled her eyes, grinning. Kylie leaned in and kissed me, hard. 

"You're doing amazing, baby." She purred into my ear. "This is smashing. I always knew you were going to be successful." 

I giggled. 

"'Patented Daydream Charms.'" 

Hermione had managed to squeeze through to a large display near the counter and was reading the information on the back of a box bearing a highly coloured picture of a handsome youth and a swooning girl who were standing on the deck of a pirate ship.

"'One simple incantation and you will enter a top-quality, highly realistic, thirty-minute daydream, easy to fit into the average school lesson and virtually undetectable (side effects include vacant expression and minor drooling). Not for sale to under-sixteens.' You know," said Hermione, looking up at me, "this really is extraordinary magic!" 

"For that, Hermione," said a voice behind us, "you can have one for free." 

A beaming Fred stood before us, wearing a black blazer, and a dark purple shirt underneath, the same 'uniform' that Terry and I were wearing, only I had chosen to wear a tight mini-skirt because of the weather. All of our shirts were untucked, and our top buttons undone, but the casual style worked for us. I had just seen Fred this morning, when we had opened, so this time I didn't react like I had; I remained cool and simply glanced at him, rather than staring him down for five minutes, trying not to drool. 

"How are you, Harry?" They shook hands. 

I turned to Hermione. "You're aware these are basically drugs, right?" 

Hermione put a hand to her mouth. "Are they illegal? Would I -" 

I laughed. "Shh. You're fine. They're not actual drugs. But... still." 

Hermione gazed at me for a moment, then took one off the shelf. I did a mini fist-pump in the air. 

The others were going off and spreading out around the shop. I saw Terry showing Draco our new range of Multiplying Rabbits as the blond watched him in awe, his eyes soft and fond. I grinned. He's so in love with my best friend. 

"Softpaw, c'mon, let's show them around!" Fred said. I turned and gathered Harry and Suzanne, who were holding hands, Cedric, and Shannon, and we followed Fred toward the back of the shop, where there was a stand of card and rope tricks.

"Muggle magic tricks!" Fred said happily, pointing them out. "For freaks like Dad, you know, who love Muggle stuff. It's not a big earner, but we do fairly steady business, they're great novelties... Oh, here's Bushy..." 

Fred's twin shook Harry's hand, then Cedric's, then Shannon's energetically.

"Giving them the tour? Come through the back, guys, that's where we're making the real money." George said. 

"Pocket anything, you little shit, and you'll pay in more than Galleons!" I said warningly to a small boy who hastily whipped his hand out of the tub labeled: 'Edible Dark Marks - They'll Make Anyone Sick!' 

George pushed back a curtain beside the Muggle tricks and led us into the back room, just before the warehouse, a darker, less crowded room. The packaging on the products lining these shelves was more subdued.

"We've just developed this more serious line." Fred said. 

"Funny how it happened..." I said. 

"You wouldn't believe how many people, even people who work at the Ministry, can't do a decent Shield Charm." George said. "'Course, they didn't have you two teaching them, Softpaw, Harry." 

"That's right... Well, we thought Shield Hats were a bit of a laugh, you know, challenge your mate to jinx you while wearing it and watch their face when the jinx just bounces off. But the Ministry bought five hundred for all its support staff! And we're still getting massive orders!" I said. 

"So we've expanded into a range of Shield Cloaks, Shield Gloves..." George said. 

"...I mean, they wouldn't help much against the Unforgivable Curses, but for minor to moderate hexes or jinxes..." Fred said. 

"And then we thought we'd get into the whole area of Defense Against the Dark Arts, because it's such a money spinner." George continued enthusiastically. "This is cool. Look, Instant Darkness Powder, we're importing it from Peru. Handy if you want to make a quick escape." 

"And our Decoy Detonators are just walking off the shelves, look." Fred said, pointing at a number of weird-looking black horn-type objects that were indeed attempting to scurry out of sight. 

"You just drop one surreptitiously and it'll run off and make a nice loud noise out of sight, giving you a diversion if you need one." I shrugged. 

"Handy." Harry said, impressed.

"Here." George said, catching a couple and throwing them to Harry. 

"They are indeed." Cedric said, his mouth dropped open. "Those Shield Hats, too..." 

"It's no wonder the Ministry need so many." Shannon scoffed. "They're fucking idiots." 

"Word." I high-fived her. 

"Daisy, this is so impressive." Suzanne hissed to me, her big blue eyes sparkling. "I'm amazed." 

Terry poked his head around the curtain. "There's a customer out here looking for a joke cauldron, Red, Bushy, I don't know where you put them -" He said.

"Shit, I think I left them upstairs. I'm coming." George said promptly. "Harry, you help yourself to anything you want, all right? No charge." 

"I can't do that!" Harry said, who had already pulled out his money bag to pay for the Decoy Detonators. I put my hand on his and pressed it down, shaking my head. 

"You don't pay here." Fred said firmly, waving away Harry's gold.

"But..." 

"You gave us half our start-up loan, we haven't forgotten." George said sternly. 

"Take whatever you like, and just remember to tell people where you got it, if they ask." I said. 

George swept off through the curtain to help with the customers, and Fred led us back into the main part of the shop to find Hermione and Ginny still poring over the Patented Daydream Charms.

"Haven't you girls found our special WonderWitch products yet?" Fred asked. "Follow me, ladies..." 

Near the window was an array of violently pink products around which a cluster of excited girls was giggling enthusiastically. Hermione and Ginny both hung back, looking wary.

"There you go." Fred said proudly. "Best range of love potions you'll find anywhere." 

Ginny raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Do they work?" She asked.

"Certainly they work, for up to twenty-four hours at a time depending on the weight of the boy in question -" 

"- And the attractiveness of the girl." George said, reappearing suddenly at our side. "But we're not selling them to our sister." He added, becoming suddenly stern. "Not when she's already got about five people on the go from what we've -" 

"Whatever you've heard from Ron is a big fat lie." Ginny said calmly, leaning forward to take a small pink pot off the shelf. "What's this?" 

"Guaranteed Ten-Second Pimple Vanisher." Fred said. "Excellent on everything from boils to blackheads, but don't change the subject. Are you or are you not currently interested in Softpaw?" 

I blanched, looking around for Kylie, but she was nowhere in sight. 

"Yes, I am." Ginny said. "And last time I looked she was definitely one person, not five. What are those?" 

She was pointing at a number of round balls of fluff in shades of pink and purple, all rolling around the bottom of a cage and emitting high-pitched squeaks.

"Pygmy Puffs." George said. "Miniature puffskeins, we can't breed them fast enough. So what about Michael Corner?" 

"I dumped him, I don't think I like boys." Ginny said, putting a finger through the bars of the cage and watching the Pygmy Puffs crowd around it. "They're really cute!" 

"They're fairly cuddly, yes." Fred conceded. "But you're moving through partners a bit fast, aren't you?" 

Ginny turned to look at him, her hands on her hips. There was such a Mrs Weasley-ish glare on her face that I was surprised Fred didn't recoil.

"It's none of your business. And I'll thank you," She added angrily to Ron, who had just appeared at George's elbow, laden with merchandise, "not to tell tales about me to these two!" 

"That's three Galleons, nine Sickles, and a Knut." Fred said, examining the many boxes in Ron's arms. "Cough up." 

"I'm your brother!" 

"And that's our stuff you're nicking. Three Galleons, nine Sickles. I'll knock off the Knut." 

"But I haven't got three Galleons, nine Sickles!" 

"You'd better put it back then, and mind you put it on the right shelves." 

Ron dropped several boxes, swore, and made a rude hand gesture at Fred. 

"There you are, babe." Kylie appeared at my side, grabbing me gently by the arm. "Why don't you show me your living quarters?" 

I turned to Fred, and he scowled, handing me the note. In turn, I handed the note to Kylie, who read it, and nodded. 

"Fidelius Charm. Good idea. Though I could have multiple bodyguards stationed around the shop and outside the apartment to protect you." Kylie said. 

"I personally think a charm making it so that our apartment is literally undetectable to anyone I haven't told, is better than anything you could provide." Fred said loudly. 

Kylie smirked at him. 

"I'd take you as my bodyguard, thanks." I whispered into her ear, giggling, and Fred's scowl deepened as Kylie's smirk widened. 

"C'mon." 

I took Kylie's hand and led her upstairs, past the second floor and up into the apartment. Terry and Draco were already there; they were making out on the sofa, and their shirts were off, Terry's blazer and purple shirt and Draco's school shirt and Slytherin tie abandoned on the fluffy red rug, and Terry's hand was - 

"Oh, gross!" Kylie said, her eyes widening. "Where's your room?" 

"I share with Hopper, but they seem to be busy here -" I quickly darted into my room, dragging Kylie by the hand. I slammed the door shut behind us, giggling, and Kylie backed me further into the room, her lips landing on mine. I giggled softly into her mouth, and her hands moved up my body, squeezing my curves. I focused on her body, concentrating, and felt us lifting up into the air, landing with a slight jolt in my upper bunk. 

My Grace is randomly helpful in situations like these. 

"Won't you... have to - get back to Hogwarts..." I moaned breathily as Kylie kissed my neck. "The others are bound - to be - to be leaving by now..." 

Kylie chuckled into my neck, turning me on even more. "Draco and I'll be fine. He's a Malfoy, and I have all the power and influence one could want. Umbridge can't touch us for being late back. Now... let me use some of my power on you..." 

I shuddered as Kylie's right hand moved down my body. She sucked a hickey into my neck as her hand slipped underneath my short skirt, tugging down my panties, and I moaned loudly as her fingers sank into me, filling me, rubbing against that sweet spot inside me. Kylie bit into my neck as she moved inside me, making me arch my back up into her, whining her name, and my eyes rolled back as her fingers reached depths that no one had ever reached in me before. 

And soon, I was exploding on her fingers, whimpering her name, my toes curling. I came down from my high, relaxing into the pillows as Kylie withdrew her fingers from me, licking them as she made eye contact with me. 

"Fuck." I breathed. "Don't do that to me. You might have to stay the night." 

"I bet Weasley would hate that." Kylie muttered as she nestled her face back into the crook of my neck, licking along my collarbone. 

"Huh?" I said, unsure of what I had heard. 

"I said, I might just do that. Stay the night." Kylie smirked at me, then kissed down my body, lifting up my skirt and pushing it up my hips. I opened my mouth, about to question her further, when I felt her tongue lick up me. I let my head fall back down onto the pillow, moaning, and forgot everything and anything except my girlfriend's name.

0