Chapter 8
2.4k 9 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8.

    

    It took three days of sailing down the river to finally come to a large city, with me passing a large trading barge on the second day. I was not close enough to get a good look at the crew, but I definitely saw one with wings and a few with what could have only been tails.

 

During that time, I played around with my new powers. Creating a few more spells that had lethal effects, as I could aim them into the water. Finally, I got to use fireball and a few others to boot.

 

[ You have learned the Spell:

   Lightning bolt: Base cost: 75 mana, error… 1 mana per second channeled lightning. Level 1.

   Fireball: Base cost: Error… .1 mana per casting. Level 1.

   Flame whip: Base cost: Error… .1 mana per foot of flame whip, .1 mana per second. Level 1.

   Ice spear: Base cost: 35 initial mana, error… .1 mana per 1mile per hour (1.6Km an hour). Level 1.

   Arcane Shield: Base cost: Error… .1 initial mana, .1 mana per second. Level 1.

   Plasma beam: Base cost: Error… .1 initial mana, 15 mana per second channeled. Level 1.]  

  

    "Ah, it's so nice to be overpowered in magic, at least I think I am." I thought to myself. 

 

On my trip downriver, I had attempted to fish, but when I had finally caught one, a huge serpent-like creature broke the surface of the river and snatched it up. I decided it was not worth the risk just for some sport and solid food. I stopped fishing from my small ship.

 

    Each morning I climbed the mast to check my surrounding. For two days, all I saw were rolling hills patched by forests and swaths of grassland. On the morning of the third day, I saw the telltale signs of a large city downstream with soft drifts of white smoke and the outlines of what I thought was a wall.

 

    It was around noon when I was close enough to climb the mast and get a good look at the city, well, at least the ports. There were two harbors; the first was filled with beautiful sailboats of varus kinds. All were docked in their own berths, and it was clearly a spot for the wealthy to keep their ships. The second was downstream and much larger. I could just make out the massive form of the river barges and fishing boats being loaded with crates. The crews of the ships were small figures bustling around and securing cargo for transport. 

    

    "Well, let's see if I can't tuck myself into the wealthy harbor first," I said as I took down the sails on my boat. Using some arcane mana manipulation, I made a kinetic force; it pushed the boat easily into the harbor for the wealthy. I pulled up to the end of a dock. I secured the boat to the dock with rope and hopped out.

 

    I waited for a few minutes on the dock until an older woman and two guards strode down the dock from the shore. The woman had gray hair pulled back in a tight bun. She wore a blue skirt that covered her ankles and a matching jacket with white lace that spilled from the neck and wrists. She held a small old fashion traveling righting desk in one arm. The guards were well-appointed in their dress, and the scaled coats of armor they wore gleamed brightly in the light. They held a tower shield in their left hand, a spear in their right, and a sword hung from their hip. The short cape they wore was a bright scarlet red with gold embroidery along the edges. 

 

    "Good day, my lord." The woman said as she approached. Her eyes scanned my ship and my attire, and though the vessel was small compared to the other ships, it seemed to pass whatever inspection she had given it. It helped that also on my travel, I had spent a good deal of time embellishing the vessel to help me get used to creating and fusing materials together. Inlays of silver leaves now decorated the railings and mast; they wound around in the pattern of leaves and vines. Gold knotwork decorated the edge of the cabin, and a few other additions with gems dotted the designs. 

 

    At the same moment, a new ability was unlocked. [ New Ability discovered; linguist: grants the capability of speaking any language that is heard, language must be within human vocal cord range. Allows for the complete automatic translation of heard languages into one's native understanding. Allows for reading and writing of foreign languages as long as welder of ability could read and write beforehand. Level 10 out of 10.] I don't know what being in a tornado of soft silky feathers would be like, but that's what my brain went through. I felt the system in my mind like a whirling soft tornado. Time slowed, and then as quickly as it began, it was over, and I could speak the language. 

 

    "Good day to you as well. I will be needing a berth." I stated not in a harsh tone, but I was going to try and pass myself off as a noble. 

 

    "Very well, my Lord; we have a few slips open at present. The cost is five gold coins per day." 

 

    "ahh, Humm." I Cleared my throat. "I seem to be lacking coins at the moment, but will this do until I can exchange my gains for coins?" I asked as I reached into my bag of holding and withdrew a gold nugget.

 

    The woman's face shifted from a slight frown to a smile as she said, "Why, of course, my Lord. Let me just get some information from you, and I will assign you a berth. I will mark that you will pay upon departure. If you do not pay the fee when you depart, your ship will be sold to cover the cost. All quite standard, my Lord." She took my information; name, level, and reason for my visit. I added the lord part to my name for good measure, lord Eric Grayson, level 19, resupply and selling goods.

 

    I moved my ship to the birth indicated by the woman. I watched her disappear off down the dock to tend to other matters. I held a receipt for my ship, and another was magically tagged onto my vessel. All magically enchanted, so I would be the only one who could remove the boat from the berth.

 

    Upon my earlier inspection of the city, the harbor I now found myself in connected to the city by two gates. The downstream gate led to what I imagined was a merchant class district with well-appointed brick buildings. The upstream gate led to what was clearly a wealthy noble area. The polished gray stone streets that started just after the gate, lined with iron lamps and clear walkways out of the street, is what gave it away. 

 

     I walked down the dock and toward the large building in the harbor. It had a sitting area and looked to be more a marina country club than anything else. 

 

Chapter eight B.

 

    I admired the building as I approached and walked up the stairs. It was a splendidly crafted building that was made from finely polished dark wood. The whole thing had a warm glow about it. I opened one of the double doors and stepped inside. The interior was well lit by large windows along the walls, which provided ample natural lighting. To the right of the entrance was a counter with a young woman standing behind it. She was human with dark rich black hair pulled back in a ponytail. She had a tanned complexion, a friendly face, and a smile. A pair of delicate gold spectacles rested on her nose. Her uniform was odd. It was black and came all the way up her neck, like a turtle neck. It was form-fitting, but the front had been cut out in a deep diamond that barely left her nipples unexposed. The top ended just above her belly button. 

 

To the left of the counter was a wide set of stairs leading up to the second floor. The rest of the room opened to the left, with a bar counter on the far wall. Booths and tables were set up throughout the room. There were a dozen or so patrons drinking and smoking throughout the room.

 

    I approached the young woman behind the counter, and she said, "Good day Lord Grayson, will you be desiring accommodations from us today?" she said, having obviously been informed of my arrival. The rest of her uniform was little more than a tacit attempt to cover her. The mini skirt, which to its credit was the same shade of black, only came to the tops of her thighs. Her legs sported a simple simi-translucent white stocking that ended just out of sight in her mini skirt. A pair of black slip-on flats decorated her feet. 

 

    "Yes, I do believe that will be acceptable. And what is your name?" I asked, still trying to maintain the air of nobility but almost tripping over my words once I got a full view of her outfit. It was meant to be erotic, no doubt about it. 'Just keep both your heads together until we figure out what's going on. How can that be a work outfit? Remember, she's probably a slave. Is that… oh just get to your room. And sort this stuff out.' I thought to myself.  

 

    "My name is servant Elizabeth Lord. We have some finally appointed rooms, also some excellent suites available."

 

    "If you have a suite available that overlooks the harbor, that would be most acceptable for me. As well, I was wondering if you have a current map of the city?"

 

    "Excellent, my Lord. I have an updated pamphlet map here for guests. You are in luck that I have the master suite available that overlooks the marina. The accommodation is one gold coin per night. There is, of course, a menu provided in the room that lists all of our other services." Elizabeth's said with a playful smile.

 

    I got the impression that she was hinting at something, and I could only imagine the marina club would accommodate any request I made. "Excellent servant Elizabeth, if you would be so kind as to make the arrangements. Also, if you can start a tab for my room."

 

    "Of course, my Lord." She said as she pulled the key from a hook behind her as well as a paper folded in thirds. "I will have servant Aaron show you to your room."

 

    I took the key and paper from her as she rang a small silver bell. Another beautiful woman in what could only vaguely pass as a maid's uniform came out from a side door. She stood at only five foot six inches in height (167.6Cm); her dusk honey-colored hair fell straight down her back. Soft brown eyes met mine, and her dusty rose lips parted in a smile. "Hello, my Lord, I am servant Aaron, and if it pleases you to follow me, I will show you to your room," Aaron said as she performed a polite curtsy.

 

    I followed the swaying hips of Aaron up two flights of stairs into the third floor of the building. At the end of the short hallway, there was a door with the silver number nine embedded on it. Aaron placed the key in the door and opened it, stepping into the room. She waited by the door and bowed her head as I walked into the master suite.

 

     The entry sitting room was beautiful and large. Along the far wall, four windows stretched from the floor to the ceiling and looked out over the marina. There were couches and lounge chairs throughout the room. To the left side of the room, there was a door that led into a large bedroom with a massive bed in it. The windows along this wall looked out at the marina as well as looking out across the upstream of the river. The far right-hand side of the sitting room was a well-appointed dining area. There were large glass doors set in the bedroom and sitting room that led out onto a balcony, with chairs and tables.

 

    The room was not overly garish, but everything was finely crafted and had a roguish polish that made everything glow with a warm light. Dangling from the ceilings were chandeliers made from varying sorts of antlers that had warm glowing orange balls instead of candles. I smiled at Aaron and said, "Thank you very much, Aaron; what should I do if I require further assistance from you or another?"

 

    "All my Lord has to do is pull this rope here by the door, and one of the servants will immediately be up to attend to your every need," Aaron said the last as a small blush filled her cheeks.

 

    I could only imagine what needs these women would be called on to service. Aaron's form-fitting maid uniform, tightly braided dusky hair, and soft pale skin left my mind wondering just what I could do with her. "Very good, very good. I shall ring if I need further assistance."

 

    "Good day then, my Lord Grayson," Aaron said as she performed another curtsy and left the room.

 

    I made my way around the room, sitting in the chairs and bouncing on the bed a few times, testing for the comfort as well as the cleanliness of the room. The bathroom was amazing, and thank all the divines, there was a toilet that seemed to operate just like one would expect. There was a large marble bath that was definitely sized to fit three or four people. As well as a large shower that could easily hold the same number.

 

    "Well, I guess when one's living the high life, you might as well have some fun," I said to myself, chuckling. I pulled the menu from its holder by the door and relaxed into a large chair as I perused it. The folder was divided into different sections. The first was for food and drinks. Everything on the long list looked more than appetizing, except for maybe the prices. The next section was services such as laundry, scribes, musicians, and entertainers. The last section of the folder was geared more towards sensual desires. In it was a list of both males and females of varying races and ages. All that were listed were described as full flesh slaves. The list was composed of two pictures and a name, one a close-up of the face the second of a full-body nude photo. I was relieved to see that none of the photos included any children. The men and women in the photos were at least in their late teen years, if not their twenties. 

 

    The prices varied and started at fifty silvers a night for some of the younger-looking flesh slaves. The lowest was five silvers a night for a slightly older-looking refined woman. The distinction was that they were all human. When I flipped to the very back of the folder and saw women of other races, it became clear how humans valued other species. The highest price I saw in the Demi-human section of the folder was one silver per night, and the lowest was one copper. I could not imagine this establishment serviced the lower end of the docks and city. The pricing was, therefore, more intended to showcase the class barrier between humans and Demi-human.

 

    I set the folder down on the coffee table and picked up the map that Elizabeth had so kindly provided for me. On the front of the folded parchment, stylized letters that read an imperial guide to the city of Laga'vast. On the inside of the pamphlet was a large map that showed the different sections of the city and the various shops that could be found within. On the map were numbers, and on the back was a list of the same numbers that described the shops that could be found within the city.

 

    As I reviewed the map and the shops, I received a notification [You have learned the skill Mapping: novice. Can draw and read maps.] After reviewing the map, I formulated my plan of action. First and foremost, I needed money, then clothes and finally some general supplies.

 

    I had the bag that I made with me, but I had left the bones and hide of the bear thing on the Ever Grove, along with the bolt of cloth. In the bag, I had the suspected beast core along with some of the gold, silver, and gemstones I had collected by dredging the bottom of the river. I would hold off on finding somewhere to trade the hide and bones; instead, I would focus on trying to convert the raw materials to currency.  

 

    I left my room, locking it with the silver key Aaron had given me. Down the hallway, then stairs, and out the front doors of the marina clubhouse once more. The sun was high overhead, and the air held a rich must of river water. The large cobblestone of the marina gave way to the large gray-white stone of the noble district. The four beast men in chainmail armor, with halberds, eyed me as I walked through the gate, but apparently, I passed their litmus test as to who was allowed entry. 

 

I drew the eyes of many of the women walking along the sidewalk as I made my way to the bank. Their fine dresses revealed little under the silk and lace. The pets they kept revealed far more; as I passed women walking from shops and into parks, they were trailed most often by beast kin of some kind, but more than a few had elves walking on all fours behind them led on leashes as well. The outfits of the slaves had one thing in common, they were all the most scintillating display of vulgar I had seen.  

 

Catgirls on leashes walked demurely behind their mistress's, heads bowed, while little more than transparent lace covered them. Wolf kin girls crawled on all fours as their ladies strolled about the city. Their orifices were plugged in every conceivable way, from anal plugs which gave extra tails to the already tailed beast kin girls to ones with jewels sparkling from between flesh and furred ass cheeks alike. Whimpering elves crawled behind their owners; groaning from the vibrators that were lashed inside them, the juices from their stimulation left to leak down their legs and stockings onto the ground, where it wafted into the air, a heady sweet perfume of arousal that clung to the back of the throat; their long graceful ears and unearthly beauty marking them distinctly.

 

I was shocked by the open display the formally dressed women paraded around themselves. Even mothers with bassinet strollers walking into the parks had beast kin women, elves, humans, and a host of other races dressed in next to nothing. Though I did note that none of the presumed mothers had their slaves crawling and putting on a show as they walked through the park I passed.  

 

I drew many eyes as I made my way to the bank, and I could only imagine it was due to the ridiculousness of my onesie. It's not like I was covered in gore or smelled or anything. 

 

After about fifteen minutes of walking, I arrived at what was labeled on the map as the imperial Royal Bank of Tagin. The building was a monstrosity of Corinthian columns and white marble. Full plated guards sat to either side of the large double doors. Above those doors in dark black obsidian was the name of the bank.

 

Chapter eight C.

 

    The guards eyed me suspiciously as I walked through the door but did not move to bar my passage. The inside of the bank was more reminiscent of a cathedral than a standard bank on earth. Along the far wall where an altar would normally have sat, there was a long stone counter with male and female attendance helping men and women who were clearly of the nobility.

 

    I approached one of the women behind the counter and said, "Good day, I am in need of opening an account today. As well, I was wondering if I could exchange gold and silver here for currency?"

 

    "Most certainly, my Lord, we can assist you with that today." The pale-skinned elf woman said, brushing a strand of her long black hair behind her ear. "Let me just go get one of the managers, and he will take you into a side office where you can conduct your business."

 

    The elf woman politely bowed as she moved away from the desk and went into a back room. A few seconds later, she returned with a round portly man dressed in an immaculate blue robe. "Ah, my Lord?" The man said, phrasing it as a question.

 

    "Lord Grayson, Lord Eric Grayson." I offered.

 

    "Ah yes, very good Lord Grayson if you will follow me to a side room. I would be happy to assist you today."

 

    The man came out from around the counter and walked towards one of the doors that lined the interior of the room. I followed him in, and soon I was sitting in front of a large wooden desk with a man on one side and me on the other.

 

    "My name is Lord Allen Roth. And I have the privilege of being one of the managers here at the imperial Royal Bank. Now how may I assist you today." The man said in a sickly-sweet slimy voice. Not all too unpleasant, but it reminded me far too much of a car salesman.

 

    "Thank you, Lord Roth. I need to open an account today, as well as exchange a large amount of raw gold and silver I was able to acquire on my expedition into the wilds of the mountains upriver."

 

    "I'm surprised you did not already have an account, Lord Grayson. But no matter. We have several accounts that may be to your satisfaction. The standard peasant and commoner accounts I do not believe would be suited for a man of your standing. So, I suggest we open a noble account. This will give you access to your funds anywhere within the Empire of Tagin, at any of our branch locations. The minimum amount that you can have within the noble account at any one time is twenty gold coins. I suggest we weigh and calculate how successful your prospecting venture was, my Lord Grayson." Lord Roth said as he got up from the desk and moved to a table along the far wall. There was a large box on top of the table, and he indicated to me to come over.

 

    "I'm afraid, Lord Roth, that I have been away for some time and am not current on the current exchange rate for gold?" I asked.

 

    "Most understandable, Lord Grayson. The prices do fluctuate slightly. The current exchange is 1 ounce (28g) of gold for ninety-five silver coins. Silver is currently exchanging for 2 ounces (56.7g) for three silver coins. If you would, my Lord, we can start with the gold. Simply place the gold in the box, and it will evaluate the quality and weight."

 

    I reached into my bag and pulled out a handful of the gold nuggets. As the handful of golden nuggets landed in the box, a number on display in the front indicated the weight. That one handful was equal to 4.8 pounds of gold. That equated to 76.8 ounces (2.2Kg) or 7296 silver coins. "How many gold coins does that equate to?" I asked as I ready another hand full of gold. 

 

    "Let me see here, my Lord. Yes…just a bit over seventy-two gold coins. Or seven gold palms, ninety-six silver." Lord Roth said as he calculated in his head while tapping his lips with his finger.

 

    Deciding it was safe to assume that I was not going to draw too much attention with the amount of money I had in my bag, I tilted it over the box and, with a gentle focus of mana, began dumping gold nuggets in. I slowed periodically to check the number on the front and to make sure it was keeping an accurate count. The box was about three-quarters full; I slung the bag back over my shoulder.

 

    The number on the front of the box read fifty-five and a half pounds (25.17438Kg) exactly. I looked over at Lord Roth to see if I had garnered too much attention. He had a happy smile and looked impressed, but not overly so. Looks like my time dredging the river on my travels was worth it.

 

    He saw me looking and tapped his lips a few times, "That comes to eight hundred forty-three gold and sixty silver coins. Most well done. The imperial tax on all raw minerals is set at five percent. The emperor does like to encourage prospecting, even with the dungeons. The tax has already been calculated out of your total. You said you had silver as well?"

    "Yes," I said as Lord Roth stored the gold in a bag and wrote down the total on a piece of paper.

 

    I had only emptied all of the gold nuggets I had formed and brought from the ship but still had some onboard The Ever Grove. I decided I was going to get rid of all the silver nuggets, though. Lord Roth never batted an eye as I emptied nearly a hundred pounds of silver into the box. He just wrote the number down and stored the material with a wave of his hand.

 

    After I had finished and the last was stored away, Lord Roth did a few calculations then said, "The silver comes to another twenty-four gold, after taxes, of course. Added together that will place your account with us at eight hundred and sixty-seven gold and sixty silver coins. Well done, my Lord, I would say that was indeed a successful prospecting venture."

 

    "Yes, it was a most arduous journey, but I am happy at how it is paid off," I said, feigning a triumphant smile.

 

    "Now, all we have left to do is open your account, and you'll be good to go. If you would be so kind as to prick your finger in place a small amount of blood on the synchronization orb." Lord Roth said, holding out a needle.

 

    I took the needle and drew a small bead of blood, and place my finger on the large crystal orb that sat on the desk. The orb came to life as soon as the blood touched it. Lights and smoke swirled within it. As I held my finger on the orb, Lord Roth explained, "This will formulate your account with us and will grant you access at any of our branches. All that is required is a small amount of blood when withdrawing funds directly from the bank. If you are at any of the certified shops within the Empire, you will be able to use your bank identification card to pay directly instead of carrying coins. This should only take a few more seconds before the card is ready and your account is finalized."

 

    I chuckled internally at the last. Though I imagine hard currency was still a major factor within the city, it was nice to know that they had a debit card of sorts. A few more seconds passed, and then a soft chime sounded from the crystal orb. A drawer opened from the bottom of the box that the crystal orb sat on. Lord Roth picked up a coin card about the same size as the credit card. The card was a golden color and had intricate silver scripting worked all throughout it. "Here is your bank identification card, or coin card, all that is needed to do to bind it is apply another drop of blood. When using it at any of our certified vendors, only you will be able to use it. So, no need to worry if it is stolen, as the card is keyed to your blood."

 

    I took the card and smeared some blood on a small open spot. It faintly glowed in my hand, and then I received a notification with the same soft whispering voice in the back of my mind [You have soul bonded an item, Imperial Royal Bank identification card.] I placed the card in the inside top part of my onesie, where I had a pocket of sorts.

 

    "Is there anything ells I can do for you, Lord Grayson?"

 

    "Yes, if it would be possible, I would like to get one hundred silver coins and fifty gold coins?" I asked.

    

    "Certainly." Lord Roth said as he handed me the desired amount in small pouches divided into fifty coins each. "Anything ells?"

 

    "No, that should be good for now. Do you also evaluate precious gems?" I asked as I got up from the chair I was seated in.

 

    "No, unfortunately not. By imperial law, we are only allowed to exchange copper, silver, gold, platinum, mithril, and adamantium." He said as I made my way out of the office.

 

    "Good day, Lord Roth," I said,

 

    "And Good day to you as well, Lord Grayson."

     

Chapter eight D.

 

     I made my way out of the bank and back onto the street. The sun was about three-quarters of the way to the horizon now, and the city was busily going about its day. There were gaudy-looking carriages being pulled by teams of horses and beasts. Palanquins being carried by slaves and rickshas running up and down the main avenue. The sidewalks were full of women in brightly colored clothes moving from shop to shop in groups. Their overly erotic slaves were trailing them.

 

    As I walked down the street to my next objective, I made a note of the stark contrast between the noble ladies and their slaves. The clothes reminded me of something from the late nineteenth century, nearly completely covering the ladies. Though the fabrics and outfits were embroidered heavily and came in a wide variety of colors ranging from soft yellows, bright pinks to deep blues and greens. In stark contrast to the noble ladies, the slaves that accompanied them wore sheer dresses and short skirts that barely covered any of their flesh. Many of the slaves walked behind and to the side of their mistresses, and just as many others had leashes attached to collars around the neck, wrists, and even nipples. But all of the clothing on the slaves was exquisitely made, if not only well crafted. Same with the collars and every other sexual accessory the slaves wore, they were all exquisitely made. 

 

    The next thing on my list was to get some properly made clothes. As comfortable as my cloud wool-lined onesie was now, it did make me stick out in the crowd. I had decided I was going to go to a seamstress's shop named madam Bristle's thimble. The shop was about five minutes back down the avenue toward the docks. As I walked along the street, I passed storefronts and restaurants. I made a note of the ones I would stop in on after I had some proper clothes.

 

    As I passed by groups of women, I caught snippets of conversation, "Did you hear Alice that the Lord alchemist is looking for another wife," "I do hope that the Duke's men succeed in their…." I moved steadily to my new destination, but the spectacle of the conservatively dressed noblewomen and their scantily clad slaves continually drew my attention.

 

    I passed by one set of women standing in a circle, each of them holding a leash attached to a wolfkin girl by a collar. As I passed behind them, I looked down and saw that the wolfkin girl was wearing nothing but a short skirt that barely covered half her ass. Her tail poked through an opening in the top as she rested her head on her hands with her ass protruding in the air. The bright glint of a diamond or crystal caught my eye and directed my eye down to the jeweled butt plug she was wearing. The soft pink folds of her pussy were exposed, and she was clearly in a state of arousal as small droplets of her nectar clung to the outside of the folds of her lips.

 

     Besides the abhorrent behavior of slavery taking place all around me, I began to notice a distinct difference in the quantity of the sexes. I could not tell for sure if it was just the time of day or the location in the city, but it appeared that for every man I saw going about his business, there were at least 2 to 3 women. As well amongst the slaves, for every male slave that I saw, there were at least 10 to 20 female slaves. I began to guess that the male-to-female birth ratio on this planet was going to be weighted towards females.

 

    I finally arrived at the storefront of Madam Bristles Thimble. The entire front was glass and had displays of varying gowns and suits for men. I walked into the shop and was greeted with the sound of a small tinkling bell in the pleasant aroma of vanilla and cinnamon.

 

    As I entered, there was a lovely kitsune woman standing to the right behind the counter. Her bright blue eyes landed on me as her stark white hair fell down her shoulders. Her ears pointed above her head and looked to be soft white fur. Her face was human, more angular and cuter, though. Her lips were a soft, deep pink, maybe from some kind of lipstick. She wore a beautiful sky-blue tank top and a pair of shorts that only came partway down her thigh. Everything I could see about her was skin and not fur, her ears and tails the only markings that she was beast kin. Behind her, four beautiful snow-white tails with blue tips lazily danced. "Welcome to Bristol's thimble, my Lord; how may I be of service today?"

 

    "I'm going to be requiring all new sets of clothing, as on my previous adventure, all of mine were destroyed. The marina map recommended this shop for clothing." I said. It wasn't a complete lie, as I did have clothes with me in my car on my camping trip, and my adventure into the sea of chaos left me with nothing.

 

    "Wonderful, my Lord. My name is Sasha; if you would please follow me, I could take you back to the fitting room where we can get your sizes, and madam Bristol can look you over."

 

    "It's quite lovely to meet you, Sasha; my name is Lord Eric Grayson," I said as the smiling kitsune girl deftly moved from behind the counter, a small silver tinkling bell around her collar giving away her movements.

 

    I followed her swaying hips and dancing white tails into the back of the store. She ushered me inside of a curtained-off area with large mirrors along three sections of the wall. In the center of the mirrors was a platform that was raised about 6 inches.

 

    Sasha made her way over to a small end table that appeared to have a measuring tape paper and ink well. "If you would be so kind as to undress for me, sir, I will get your measurements," Sasha said with a pleasant smile on her face.

 

    "About that, I am afraid this is the only thing I have, and I'm completely naked underneath it?" I said the last is a question indicating to myself with my hand.

 

    Sasha's face turned up in a coy smile, and a light red blush settled onto her cheeks. "It's quite okay, my Lord; I most certainly won't mind seeing your full physique. I promise, I as well am, the soul of discretion."

 

    "Okay," I said, drawing out the word. I shrugged my shoulders and set my bag down on one of the chairs, and began to unfasten the clasps that held my onesie closed.

 

    I let my outfit fall to the floor and stepped out of it. I was glad for the clean and purify spells that I occasionally cast on myself because I was clean and free of sweat. Standing in front of Sasha and my birthday suit, I saw her eyes begin to hungrily take me in, and she bit the bottom of her lip.

 

    I knew I was attractive, and after having taken a swim through the sea of chaos, it left my body in peak chiseled perfection. The points in charisma had to be having an effect as well.

 

    "If you would stand on the platform, my Lord, I will begin to take your measurements," Sasha said with the tremble in her voice. I stepped onto the platform, and Sasha gently began to work her hands along with a tape measure along my body. She would measure and then take notes on the paper. Each time she went back and forth between writing and my body, her fingers became lighter and began to caress more and more of me. Her tails were lightly brushing my body.

 

    It was about the time that she was taking a thorough measurement of my inseam, and my cock was rock hard, threatening to impale her mouth, that the madam of the store walked in.

 

    "Hello, my Lord, I hope that…." The refined voice of madam Bristol began until it ended abruptly. "By the gods Sasha, why is the Lord naked. I swear if you're in heat again, I'm going to cut your clit off and feed it to you."

 

    As the voice of madam Bristol went from soft to harsh, Sasha's face paled, and she began to tremble in fear. "No… I mean…" Sasha began to stammer out.

 

    "I can assure you, madam Bristol, my state of undress is entirely my own fault. Sasha has just been diligently taking my measurements." I interjected quickly, hoping the woman was not serious with her threat.

 

    "I see. Well, it appears that my young Sasha has engorged quite a bit of your attention." The madam said, chuckling softly.

 

    "Yes, I'm afraid it was quite unavoidable."

 

    "Well, it's a problem I'm not all unto familiar with. Sasha, if you would be a dear and take care of the Lord state of arousal. I'm afraid I won't be able to work with him until he's taking care of."

 

    "Yes, Mistress Bristol," Sasha said immediately. As I was looking over my shoulder, I was completely unprepared for the warm hot lips that wrapped around the tip of my cock. I let out a short shuddering sigh as I felt the beautiful kitsune girl's tongue begin to diligently lick and suck me. I didn't even have time to protest, and after a second, why would I. 'Oh yeah… slavery bad….' I tried to think as my thoughts stopped. 

 

    I turned my head to face back down at Sasha. Her bright eyes were filled with excitement and hunger as her right hand began to stroke the length of my cock, and her left hand cupped my balls. She methodically worked her tongue around the tip and length of my cock, lubricating the entire thing. Still staring up at me, she removed her hand and dove her mouth all the way to the base of my cock. She continued enthusiastically bobbing her head from the tip all the way to the base back and forth.

 

    The slick velvety inside of her throat felt amazing, gliding and gripping along my shaft. It was then that I noticed madam Bristol had come up behind me and was gently squeezing my ass. Her hand massaged delicately and found its way in between my legs, gripping my balls. My cock twitched and throbbed as Sasha deep throated me, drool leaking from between her lips.

 

    After a few more seconds of this, I was close to bursting when Sasha removed her head from around my cock and stood. She unbuttoned her shorts and slid them around her ankles. Turning around, she spread her ass with her delicate fingers. The light pink folds of her pussy were glistening as she was already extremely wet. Without hesitation, I gripped my cock and moved up behind her. Running my tip up and down her slit, I made sure she was nice and lubricated; before I could thrust my cock deep inside of her, Sasha sank herself back on my cock.

 

    The warm slick walls of her pussy expanded slowly to accommodate the girth of my manhood. Madam Bristol's hand still gently massaged my balls as I began to pump in and out of Sasha. "That's very good, my Lord, keep pumping this filthy kitsune girl. That's it, pump her, and dump your seed in her warm worthless fuck hole." Madam Bristol said.

 

    "Oh fuck." I shuddered. I gripped Sasha's waist tightly as her four tails flailed along my chest and face. Just above her tails branded on her back were a pair of intertwined hearts. Working my cock back and forth inside of her, I took the tip of my left thumb and began to circle the outside of her ass. Pushing gently with the tip of my thumb, I slid the entire digit into her warm, clenching ass hole. As my cock pounded back and forth, I could feel the pressure from my thumb from the other side of her velvet walls. After ten or more powerful thrusts, my cum burst from my cock. I pushed hard into the perky ass of Sasha, burying my full-length to the back of her pussy. My seed spilled out in waves, and I felt the tip of my cock pressed firmly at the opening to her womb. I filled Sasha and then felt my seed spilling out down the length of my cock, until it dipped from between my cock and the clinching lips of Sasha's pussy.

 

    I looked at Sasha's face in the mirror that was right in front of her. Her eyes had rolled into the back of her head, and her tongue was hanging out of her mouth. She was moaning and panting loudly, and her hands massaged her breasts. I saw on lady Bristol's face in the mirror as well a pleased look as she removed her hand from under her skirt. I shuddered as the wash of pleasure flowed through my body, letting out the past four days of pent-up tension I did not know I had.

 

    I eased my cock back out of Sasha and slouched as I relaxed. A moment later, I felt a warm wet cloth wiping me down. Sasha had a deep red flesh to her face as she methodically cleaned me and then herself.

 

Chapter eight E

 

    "Now, my Lord, I believe we can begin to truly assess your clothing needs." Madam Bristol said.

 

    "Yes. Yes indeed. I came to inquire about some new clothes. I will require a few sets. Undergarments, socks, and all the rest. I need forest sets made for rugged travel. Three fine sets of attire for everyday wear. Two suits fit for the company of the nobility and lastly four sets of robes."

    

"That is quite the order, my lord…" madam Bristol trailed off.

 

    "Lord Eric Grayson." Sasha provided.

 

    "Yes, well, let me see here, we'll just double check Sasha's measurements. To make sure she wasn't too distracted. Then I will find something suitable for you to wear today. Is there someplace we can deliver your clothes when they are done? It will take until tomorrow evening to have everything finished?"

 

    "I am staying at the marina club. In master suite number nine. I'm sure that you can have the packages delivered there." I said.

 

    The rest of the time spent in the shop went by rather quickly, with Madam Bristol quickly checking over my measurements and hurrying into the back of the shop. This left me standing still naked in front of Sasha, whose cheeks were glowing a warm red as she eyed me nervously.

 

    "I do hope the madam was only joking about what she was going to do to you?" I asked.

 

    "I'm afraid not Lord Grayson. It is one of the many faults with kitsune; we go to heat 3 to 4 times a year and become quite unmanageable. It is one of the common treatments for it, that is to have slaves clipped during that time, the feeding it…well that's just madam Bristol." Sasha said as she adjusted her shorts, showing the growing wet spot between her thighs.

 

    "What the fuck…Well, that's just absolutely fucking abhorrent. I wish there were something I could do for you."

 

    "Really?" Sasha said as she cocked her head to the side and looked out the curtain. "The only thing I could think of that you could do is to purchase me. I would never be so impertinent as to ask that of the Lord. But Amara…" 

 

    "Wait, Amara?"

 

    "I didn't say anything." Sasha quickly added.

 

    "That's right, the brand they give you all is the hearts. What do you know about her?"

 

    "Um…she…she… she came to me in a dream four nights ago and showed me, well, you. She said you were safe and would help me, help all of us?" Sasha shuddered, the fear in her voice lacing every word. She looked at the ground when she spoke, her eyes tightly shut as if she expected a heavy blow to land on her at any second. She was taking a huge leap of faith, and it was apparent in the trembling of her body. 

 

    "I suppose this fits the general atmosphere of the Empire I find myself in, and yes, I know Amara. Is there any reason why Madam Bristol would not sell you to me?" I asked.

 

    "What, wait, you would buy me. You know Amara? but I am only ranked as a copper slave, and I don't see how I would be of any value to you."

 

    "Ranked only as a copper slave, tell me, what does a copper slave mean?"

 

    "As my Lord surely knows, copper slaves are ranked as some of the lowest in skill and value. I only just recently achieved my copper rank as I became an apprentice tailor. I am lucky to be valued so highly as a branded of Amara." Sasha said in a soft and pleasant voice as her eyes shifted from looking up at me to down at the floor.

 

    "Well, if I was to purchase you, Sasha, I must warn you that I am in adventuring Lord and do not have any holdings in the city. Nor do I have any land currently. Would you be willing to travel with me? I cannot guarantee your safety, only that you will be as safe as me when you are in my presence."

 

    "Absolutely Lord Grayson, I trust our Goddess Amara. I've dreamed of going on adventures since I was a little girl. But slaves rarely get the chance to explore the world at large. I would absolutely assume the risk of traveling with you. By your demeanor and handling of me, I can tell that you'll be a much nicer master than mistress Bristol. If I may be so bold to say."

 

    I stood contemplating Sasha's proposal. After a few minutes, Madam Bristol reentered the dressing room. She held a finely crafted pair of black pants, black boxer undergarments, a loose forest green button-up shirt with long sleeves, and a pair of socks. She also held in the other hand a pair of boots.

 

    "These should fit quite nicely as I have just adjusted them for you. I also took the liberty of selecting boots and shoes for the attires you selected." She said as she handed me the items one by one, and I put them on. Finally dressed in something decent for the first time since arriving in this world, I felt far more at home.

 

    "As you know, lady Bristol, I have just arrived from a long prospecting campaign in the mountains and find myself without servants. I've taken quite a liking to your young Sasha and was wondering if you would be willing to part with her?" I asked as I admired myself in the mirror.

 

    "Really, my Lord Grayson, she just got your fancy that much. I must advise you that she can be quite a handful during her time of heat. She has also just reached the rank of apprentice in tailoring. Though she is not one of my more skilled girls, it would be a slight loss to lose her. She is as well a follower of the Amara Goddess, fool of a girl." Madam Bristol said.

 

    "I am well aware of the loss that this would mean for you, lady Bristol and I'm more than willing to compensate you. As for the Amara nonsense, we shall see if I can change her mind about that. I also find that her apprentice tailoring skills will come in handy as I am currently traveling by sailboat, and she can work on the sails."

 

    With a malicious glint that sparked to life in her eye, madam Bristol said, "See that you do try and convince the worthless whore. Very well, Lord Grayson, as I endeavored to only provide the best of service, I can make this allowance to you for Sasha. The requested items and clothing will come to a cost of fifteen gold. As well, to purchase the kitsune Sasha from me, I will have to insist on an additional five gold. Is this acceptable to you?"

 

    "That is most acceptable to me, lady Bristol; you have been nothing but accommodating," I said as the three of us walked to the front of the counter. "Can I use my bank ID here, or shall I pay in coins?"

 

    "You can most certainly use your bank ID here; in fact, you will find that most of the stores in the noble district will allow you to use your bank IDs, even some of the restaurants. Sasha will handle your receipts, and I will go to the back and get the slave contract."

 

    After a few moments had passed, I had the receipts in hand for the clothes, and lady Bristol came out with a neatly folded parchment that outlined Sasha's complete enslavement. When all the transactions were finished, lady Bristol removed a copper bracelet from around her wrist and handed it to me.

 

    "This is Sasha's binding ring; I would advise you to wear it at all times as it is against imperial law for a slave to be wandering about untethered to a master. Stupid mandatory slave transference verbal notification, really what imperial citizen doesn't know that. Now Sasha, go and run into the back and collect your things, and don't leave your new master waiting too long." Lady Bristol said, offering me a placating smile.

 

    Sasha emerged from the back wearing a completely new outfit. She had on a light blue tank top and a skirt that came down to her thighs. Slung on her back was a mismatched, poorly constructed backpack. Sasha's head hung low, and she was extremely nervous as she approached me. "I'm ready, my Lord master Sir." She said, unsure as to which title to use.

 

    "You may call me Lord Grayson or master Grayson while we are in public," I said, answering her unasked question.

 

    "Yes, master Grayson."

 

    "Very good lady Bristol; thank you for all of your assistance, and I look forward to receiving my packages tomorrow. Sasha, follow; we have a few more stops before we head back to my room." As we left, I slipped the binding ring around my wrist, and a notification popped up.

 

    [ You have purchased and bound a slave: Sasha: Kitsune, female. Age 23; revives 7. Level 5.] 

 

 

Chapter eight F.

 

    My bag once again slung over my shoulder, and with my new close gently caressing my body, I felt great; I had folded and put my onesie in my bag. I made my way to the next destination I had selected. I had received an absolutely dizzying array of spells since coming to this world but was woefully lacking in abilities and skills. I could feel that if I spent some time and focus, I would be able to develop skills by doing actions. I did not have quite as firm of a grasp on how I would acquire abilities in this new world, but I was determined to find out. In the best place to find out information is a library, and if no library is available, then a bookstore does just as nicely.

 

    Therefore, I found myself standing in front of Hobbes and sons, books, scrolls, skills, abilities, and memories stones for the discerning noble. The name and title of the shop barely fit on the sign and had to be printed in much too small letters. But as the large building sat on the corner of the street, I assumed everyone just knew who Hobbes was. With Sasha tailing closely behind me, her head bowed, I made my way inside.

 

    As I entered Hobbes and sons, I was greeted with the familiar site of bookstores, probably a crossed all multiple universes. Neat rows of shelves that came to chest height ran the length of the store. In the center of the store was a circular desk with four attendants seated, one of which was diligently helping a customer.

 

    "Wow, I've always wanted to come in here, but I've never been allowed," Sasha said in a soft, quiet whisper.

 

    "Well, enjoy," I said, stretching out my hand and lightly taking hers.

 

    Sasha obediently took it but looked at me with fear in her eyes as she placed her hand in mine. With a look of amazement, Sasha watched as I guided her into the store. "Thank you, master Grayson."

 

    Sasha blushed and smiled genuinely at me as we began to make our way through the aisles, looking at the various sections. The store was divided into sections; the first was reserved for normal books. As I perused through a few selected copies, I was impressed to see that there was some form of the archaic printing press, as all of the types on the pages were uniform. The books ranged from encyclopedias listing various alchemical ingredients to massive books on the various beasts and monsters in the Empire. The ever-present cookbooks were also represented as well as a selection of guides on woodworking and other crafts.

 

    The next section of shelves housed the selection of skill tomes. The books were all relatively uniform in size, but I was unable to open any as they were locked by some magical crystal that I assumed could only be unlocked once they were purchased. The skill tomes were divided by topic. Different crafts had a fair selection as well as varying forms of weapon combat. Each selection of skills had novice, apprentice and even journeyman ranked skills. Though not every section had adept or master-level skills. And I guess grandmaster skills were probably kept in the back office.

 

    It was as I was perusing the skill section that a young elf attendant walked up to me. She asked, "Is there anything I can help you find, my Lord?" The elf said. She wore black flats on her feet and a long black skirt that came down to her ankles. A fitted black jacket hugged her frame with a high collar that wrapped around her neck, which showed just a hand's width of mid-drift. Embroidered over her left breast with the words Harris and sons. Her name, Servant Ashley was embroidered in silver as well.

 

    I looked at the beautiful elf and her wild pink hair that was done up in a bun, strands of which were expertly falling around her head to give her an etheric look. "Yes, servant Ashley that would be most helpful. I am lord Grayson, and I am currently trying to diversify some skills and was wondering what you could tell me about the skill tomes and abilities you have for sale."

 

    "Well, my Lord Grayson, we have one of the largest selections of skills and abilities, as well as memories stones outside of the capital itself. The prices and selections vary, but if you would tell me what you were looking for, I am most certainly sure that I will be able to find it for you."

 

    "That reminds me, Sasha. Are you able to display your personal analysis sheet for me?"

 

    "Most certainly master Grayson," Sasha said as her eyes unfocused for a second, and then she made a flicking motion with her wrist. Then a blue transparent window appeared in front of my eyes that outline Sasha's statistics. It was also apparent that I was the only one that could see it as Ashley; the elf waited patiently for me to review the information.

 

    Individual Statistical Analyses 

Name: Sasha whitetail

Race: Kitsune

Level: 5. experience to next level; thirty-five out of sixty.

 

Health: 100 percent.

Mana Capacity: 150

Mana regeneration: 1.16 mana per minute. 

 

Attributes: 4 per level. 

Strength: 10.

Body: 15.

Speed: 15.

Dexterity: 15.

Mana capacity: 15.

Mana regeneration:10.

Charisma: 10.

 

Affinities:

Mana manipulation: 6 percent.

Earth: 1 percent.

Fire: 3 percent

Air: 15 percent.

Water: 10 percent.

Life: 3 percent

Death: 1 percent.

Light: 1 percent.

Shadow: 15 percent.

Space-time: 1 percent.

Summoning: 1 percent.

 

Abilities: 1 per level. 4/4

 

Skills: 1 per level. 2/4

  1. Tailoring. Apprentice. Create clothing and items from cloth. Items have improved durability and become less dirty.

 

Spells: 1 per level.

Earth:

  1. Clean: Base cost: 10 mana per square foot. Level 5.

Fire:

  1. Flame: Base cost: 9.7 mana initial cast, 4.85 mana per 30 seconds channeled. Level 5.

 

Shadow:

  1. Hide: Base cost: 42.5 mana initial cast, 20 mana per minute while holding still in shadows. Level 8.

 

    "Very good, thank you, Sasha. Ashley, I was wondering, are there any restrictions on using skill tomes?" I asked as I turned away from Sasha and back to Ashley.

 

    "Only the usual ones, my Lord. It is not advised to use more than three skill tomes in a month. An individual can use as many ability crystals as they would like or can afford. And it is recommended that no more than two memories stones are used per month." Ashley recited as if she was reading a warning label; she had to recite multiple times a day.

 

    "Is one able to learn a master-level skill without learning the prerequisite levels?"

 

    "It is recommended that the highest initial level of skill one learns is journeyman any higher, and the concepts become too esoteric and have nothing to ground themselves in."

 

    "Excellent, I believe I'm ready to make my selection now. Would you be so kind as to assist us in holding our books?" I asked politely.

 

    "Of course, it would be my pleasure Lord Grayson; it's no trouble at all," Ashley said as her cheeks turned a soft pink, almost matching the color of her hair.

 

    I was beginning to wonder if my disguise as a noble was crumbling; I think I was being far too polite. Because even though I'm good-looking, with me being enhanced on the journey here and the points I had put into charisma, there really was no call for that level of blushing maiden reaction. The only thing I could imagine is that it was because of my polite demeanor towards the slave woman. 'kind of like when the nice barista is kind to you, and you think it's flirting, but really she's just polite.' I thought. 

 

    ' Ahh well, this world is a fucking shit show.' I thought. 'Slaves running around left and right; in fucking BDSM gear like it's fucking normal. But as Amara said, there's not much I can do about it right now. And I'm not about to go and get myself killed by not fitting in. The best I can do is be polite, and eventually, maybe, I will be able to change some things.'

 

    With Ashley and Sasha following behind me, I began to make my selections. I grabbed two journeyman-level cooking skill books that I intended for Sasha and myself. I also grabbed a journeyman level tailoring skill book, as well as the journeyman level skill books for short blades and bows. These were the skills that I intended to give to Sasha to hopefully give her a better chance of survival as she traveled with me.

 

    Next for myself, I selected the journeyman level longsword skill book; herbalism, alchemy, and gardening. It was at this point that I continued over to the abilities and spells.

 

    Abilities were useful but far more specific in their effects. The levels of abilities went from 1 to 10 and could only be increased with ability points gained from leveling. This meant that people only had a few options when it came to abilities; have a lot of low-level abilities or four to five high-leveled abilities.

 

    I first selected two of the same ability stones, one for me and one for Sasha. The ability graceful dodging was a passive ability that massively increased one's balance and ability to move inside and out of battle. The second ability stone I chose for Sasha was another passive ability called precise strike. This greatly increases the accuracy of both ranged and close-quarter weapons. 

 

For myself, I chose saving heal. An ability that for every point allocated to it would restore 10% of one's health upon the loss of life, instantly healing the user with the ability. I finally found the ability crystal inspect; this allowed for the user to gain information about targets implicit with the system. The last ability I chose was called resurrection. Just as the name implied, it would revive the ability user or their chosen target upon their death. At level one, it would resurrect the user once per day and a target once per day as long as they had died within one hour.

 

    My last two selections were for Sasha as well; an air spell and shadow spells. Air blade and shadow tendril. With my final selections made, I headed to the central desk, where Ashley was more than happy to assist us in purchasing the acquired items. 

 

Ashley began, "So we have here, nine skill books of the journeyman rank, six ability crystals, an air spell, and a shadow spell." As she listed out the items, I saw an older man make his way from the back and up to the counter. He was clearly a manager of the store, and upon seeing me with Ashely, he made his way over.

       

"I am manager Bartley. Do you have any questions concerning the items you are purchasing? Servant Ashley can be quite the dullard at times." Bartley said in a weaselly voice that instantly conveyed his dislike for the elf. 

 

"Are all the items one uses?" I asked, hoping to get him to go away after answering one question. Ashley had been anything but dull in appearance and her bright, helpful personality. 

 

    "Well, I am aware that there are single-use skill books; these skill books are the most finely crafted. Thus, after one use, it requires one month to recharge fully before it can be used again. I'm afraid that the ability crystals and spells are all single-use items." Bartley said with a slimy proud kind of smile on his face.

 

    "Well, thank you. I'm sure Ashley can finish." I said, lacing my words with an implied dismissal. Bartley looked momentarily confused as if he could not imagine why I would not want him to ring me up personally; then, he turned and walked away. Turning back to Ashley, I said, "Very good. Now Ashley, if you would tell me the damage."

 

    Is Ashley calculated the number, then she said, "The total for all of the items is 46 gold and 13 silvers."

 

    I pulled my coin card from the front pocket of my new pants and placed it on the crystal rectangle. Ashley imputed the cost on her side, and a faint glow lit up the crystal, then a prompt appeared. 

 

    [ Would you like to pay the indicated amount to Hobbs and sons. 46 gold coins and 13 silver coins. Funds will be automatically transferred from your account. Yes or No.] 

 

    I selected yes, and the all too familiar beep, beep of a card reader finishing its task could be heard. 'Wow… Somethings must just be standard across the board.' I thought.

 

    "These new bank cards really are so amazing. Here is your receipt." Ashley said with a genuine smile and a look of wonder on her face. She then went about bagging the items and handed a sturdy-looking cloth bag to Sasha when she was done.

 

    As Sasha and I made our goodbyes to Ashley, I noticed that Sasha had a somewhat terrified and ashamed look on her face. As if she was embarrassed by something and deathly afraid of something to come in the near future. The sight almost brought me up short, but the sun was setting, and we needed to get off the streets before we could address whatever problems she was having. 

 

    "Follow closely, Sasha, the sun is getting close to the horizon, and it's time to call it a day. We will be returning to the Marina Harbor club and my room." As I said this last, I felt the magic that bound Sasha begin to pull at her, ensuring that she would follow my command closely.

 

 

 

 

56