Chapter sixteen A
1.9k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter sixteen. A

       

       It took seven days and eight nights to reach the capital. On the morning of Miduss, we approached the entrance to the imperial bay. The mouth of the bay was small by comparison and was only three or four hundred yards (275m) across. 

 

       The sight that truly caught my eye was the massive statues on either side of the cliff wall, facing the entrance. The right-hand side was taller than the left, but the figures towered above the opening. They were easily four or five hundred feet (153m) tall.

 

       On the right was a man fully nude but only for a massive crown on his head. The only thing painted on his white marble body was the golden crown. His muscles were done in vivid detail, and his fully erect cock thrust from his hips. His left hand was on his hip over the woman's hand that stood behind him. His right hand extended up and out as if holding something aloft, and coming from his palm was a bright blue swirl of fire. 

 

       A hand was wrapped around the shaft of his cock with the tip and half the length disappearing into the face of a woman bare-chested. Her lips were painted a soft red as she seemed to suck down his length. Her skin was painted a soft tan, and her dress was pulled from the top, exposing her breasts. She was on her knees, and it appeared she was looking up at the man in abject yearning. Her brown hair flowed from her head, and her hair had sparkling ornaments in it.

       Behind the man stood another woman, her hands on his hips staring out at sea. Her dress was low cut and revealed her navel. The stone seemed to move in the wind as the black and red garment hugged her curves. She had a happy smirk on her face, and her jet-black hair hung down her back in a braid decorated with gleaming red gems.

 

       Across from the man, on the left-hand side of the mouth of the bay, was a demi-human beast kin on his knees, arms outstretched as if in supplication to the man. The man had long elf ears and great horns that swept back from his temples. His long brown hair, somehow drab in the sunlight, hung down his back in a braid. He wore a collar of silver around his neck and silver manacles on his wrists. 

 

       "Well holy fuck. Guess there goes the idea of any modesty to be had. Fuck…" I said, trailing off. 

 

       The others had come on to the deck to watch our approach into the bay. Apparently, everyone wanted to see the prime pantheon of the empire. The monolithic statues were expertly done and did provide for a grand reminder of just whose domain one was about to enter.

       

"Timothy, who are they?" I called out.

 

       Timothy quickly came up the stairs and answered. "They are the four. The God Ack, whose domain is of royalty, nobility and pure blood. The Goddess Sippsie who holds lust, sexual pleasures and obedience most high. The Goddess Alleystra, the ever-obedient wife. And the God Roxclou, the eternal slave and servant." He said as I notice him lower his head respectfully.

       

       "Well, that in and of itself explains a lot about the empire. I guess women's rights have a long way to go also. Shit…" I said, sighing and drawing out the last word. "What's the building behind the statues?"

       

       "That is the imperial royal palaces and grounds. It is set at the feet of the highest and encompasses the mount of emperors. As well as a large part of the eastern city."

       

"Palace, right. And where is the mage college marina?"

 

       "The outer walls of the palace lead to the temple district where the cathedral to the Gods and Goddesses are. In the center of the bay is where you will find the entrance to the mage college marina. The western districts are for the demi humans, beast kin and low casts." Timothy answered.

 

        The bay the capital was built around was massive and easily had a two-mile-wide diameter. There were ships of every make and size anchored throughout and even more in the scattering of the marina that dotted the edge of the bay. I had taken down the sail and stowed them once we reached the opening and used the enchanted engines to cut a path through the center of the bay. 

       The mage's college became apparent as I was able to make out a high white tower that was nearly dead center along the edge of the bay from the opening. The tower had a massive base, and I could not even begin to guess its size. Every hundred feet, it would step inwards like a cake; there five layers total. At the base in the water was a large marina wall and an opening in it two hundred feet to aside.

 

       As we made our way to the marina, everyone began to get ready. They dressed in the livery outfits Sasha, Candace, Ray'mea, and Tamara had to help makeover the past eight days. 

 

       Timothy had explained the significance of collars and manacles. A slave with string or rope was seen as little more than garbage and treated as such. Leather and copper were the norm and were low in the ranking. Bronze or brass was a low, mid-worth slave. Silver was used for valued slaves, and gold for the highest value. 

 

       The collars and manacles offered some forms of protection from the slaves as no one, even a free citizen, would not accost a slave with metal. If done, so it was viewed as an attack on the owner, and full retaliation was not only expected but the law.

 

       I had made copper collars for the fairies, as anything higher would be highly unusual. All except for the queen Thera who I gave a silver collar and silver manacles. 

 

       The manacles were another indicator and could be of a different material denoting value within a collard class. Silver collar but copper manacles indicated the slave was low within the silver rating of the household.

 

       The dryads and nymphs all got brass collars and manacles, except for Arial, who got a gold collar and brass manacles.

 

       Zora, Holly, and Milly all got gold collars and copper manacles. Indicating to all their bodies were highly valued but nothing else. It would keep them from being touched if they went into the city with me.

 

       Timothy got a gold collar and silver manacles. The rest of the elves, Tamara, Ray'mea, Amber, and Candance, got silver collars and copper manacles. Sasha, I gave a gold collar with the same style small silver bell she had had before. However, on the bell, I placed a small ruby, and on the manacles were set two small rubies as well. This indicated a preferred personal sex slave for someone who was wealthy enough to afford such lavish decorations.

 

       This was all carefully designed by Timothy and me to help protect the children as best I could. They already had been branded as slaves and were required to wear a collar. Everyone agreed that for the sake of appearances, they would take collars that others would see as fitting. I made gold collars and manacles for the kids with four large diamonds set in the collar and one large diamond in each of the manacles. I lined the inside of the manacles with cloud wool fabric, and the collars were loose-fitting.

 

       This indicated they were the most highly prized of a household and, to most, might indicate indecent things. However, the display of wealth ensured that no one but the royal family would dare to touch them. It was the best protection I could give them.

       

-The mothers were beside themselves with gratitude, and still to this day, I am receiving the benefits of that gratitude. -

 

I had wanted to provide all of them with mithril collars and manacles studded with precious gemstones of every color until they sparkled like a rainbow. But Timothy pointed out that if, in fact, any slave did possess a mithril collar, it would be a slave of the imperial royal family and that to wear such a collar would cause more problems than solve.

 

       As we approach the marina entrance to the mages college, a guard platform was stationed just to the right of the entrance. As we approached, a guard yelled, "what is your business at the mages college?!"

 

       "I am here to take the admittance test." I yelled back.

 

       "Very well sir. What is the size of your vessel?"

 

       "130 feet (40m)." I said, allowing for the language skill to translate the size.

 

       "Doc number twenty-five is available. Please secure your vessel there." The guard said as you shuffled through papers, he was carrying.

 

       We entered the dock with little fuss or trouble. The dryads and nymphs made themselves busy by lowering the gangplank's to either side in securing the vessel with ropes onto the stone cleats built into the dock.

 

       It'd been decided earlier that Sasha and Timothy would be the only ones to accompany me ashore, and everyone else would stay aboard the ship.

 

       As the scantily clad dryads and nymphs went back inside the ship, I made my way onto the dock. I was surprised to find that the dock was almost level with the deck of the ship.

 

       Timothy walked behind me and had attired himself in a Butler suit. The only great difference being the arms ended just below the elbows showing off the golden manacles that adorned his wrists.

 

       Sasha hung herself off my left arm and had worn a pair of short shorts. She also wore a sleeveless crop top that did little to hide her breasts. She had playfully shown me earlier that underneath her blue short shorts, she was wearing light blue lacy crotchless panties.

 

       Her fox tails playfully swished back and forth, creating what I imagine to be the image of a flickering blue fire behind me. I wore boots, black pants, and the almost ever required white poet shirt. The simple attire was made dashing by my cut physique and the bulk in muscle I had recently gained. My face was shaved, and I decided to cut my hair short in the style of the empire that Timothy had informed me of.

 

       As I walked out onto the deck, a man in a long scarlet robe approached. He had two slave women chained to his belt behind him, and they were carrying writing implements. The first male dock attendant I had encountered spoke first, "good day sir, are you a hopeful initiate?"

 

       "Yes, I am here to take the admittance test. I would like to dock my ship here also."

 

       "Understandable sir. The docking fee will be ten gold per day. If you are accepted into the college that fee will be lowered to five gold per day. Is that acceptable?" The dock attendant asked.

 

       "Yes, that's fine sir." I said as I summoned a platinum coin from my storage ring. The platinum dime was worth 1000 gold pennies and would buy me one hundred days of docking fees.

 

       The man was momentarily shocked by the appearance of the coin, but he quickly collected himself. The woman beside him made a notation on some paper and quickly handed over the receipt for the docking slip. Dock twenty-five is now mine for the next 100 days.

 

       The central dock that ran to the shore was large and could easily fit two wagons abreast. It was all made from stone, and mine was the last slip on this section of dock. There were twenty-four other vessels, some larger than mine and some smaller but all large. I noticed as I scanned up and down the dock that the rest of the vessels all had a great deal more rigging in their designs varied widely.

 

       Many of them also had men who were obvious sailors checking over the sails and rigging of the ships.

 

       The exchange with the dock attendant was done; I put the receipt for my vessel in my ring and decided I was going to go and explore the marina. 

 

       Sasha was behind me, the soft tinkle of her bell following along as I led her with the silver chain attached to my belt. Timothy followed along behind and to my right as I made my way down the stone dock. The ships I passed were all large, and the two and three-masted affairs towered into the air. The rustling and creaking of wood filled the air as we passed.

 

       My vessel was the last on the stone dock, so I got a good idea of how my ship compared to the others. Where mine was single-masted and clean, the other ships were full of rigging and stowed sails. As for size, my vessel was easily one of the largest.

 

       The stone dock seamlessly transitioned to the marina road, and the walkway followed the road off to the right. Ornate iron lamp posts were set every twenty feet (6m) or so as I walked along the bayside of the road. The street was well-fitted cobblestone and easily could hold three wagons abreast. The walkway split; the right-hand path following along the water of the bay raised some ten feet above the water, left path followed in a lazy cure along the street, and set between the two was a wide grassy area, with trees, winding brick paths and the same ornate iron lamp posts.

 

       The rolling sound of carriages and wagons lowly rumbled and clattered from the street. While the light tones of conversations drifted over the soft lapping of the water. 

 

       Along the city wall side of the marina, well-made stone buildings lined the fortification. The fronts of the store were all clear glass and boasted a myriad verity of shops selling all sorts of goods. Mostly catering to the students of the mage's college. Cafes with front dining areas and restaurants with pergolas broke up the line of shop fronts. The area was not the normal rundown dockside but an upscale tourist affair. 

 

       As we made our way across the street after a break in traffic, I still found myself taken aback at the stark difference in dress between the slaves and their owners. Just like in Laga'vast, the women all wore what could only be described as late Victorian fashion. The dresses were simple in their complexity and rigidity; high collars and tightly fitted jackets. Large sun hats with a variety of ribbons and flowers spewed from the heads of the ladies. The waists were slim, and the skirts ranged from the simple flair at the hips to outlandish thrusting ass pieces that looked like they could hide a few people under them.

 

       For all the modesty of the dress of the ladies, with only scant well-placed pieces of exposed flesh shown. The slaves that attended them were opposite. If you could find an outfit in a sex shop back on earth, it was on display here along with other wild flights of fancy.

 

       Elves whose hair differed from one to the next like a flowing rainbow walked smartly behind their mistresses in corsets, stockings, and lace lingerie of every kind. The only thing besides dress that set the elves apart from the humans was the refined angles of their face and the ears, which came in two varieties. Short and pointed. Coming up only a little larger than human ears. Then long and pointed, sweeping back to just before the end of their scull. 

 

       Different beast kin walked on all fours being led by leashes or followed along behind their owners. There were far more men, walking about in robes and well-made suits. The slaves were still mostly female, and for the men going about tasks, all of their slaves walked behind on two legs. The dresses would still be described as erotic, but you could tell the difference in care that the women put into their pets versus the men.

 

       The refined atmosphere and civility of the marina was jarring next to the sensual barbarity displayed by its citizens. As I walked looking at the shops, occasionally, the loud crack of a riding crop, switch, or heavy thunk of a weighted hand paddle was heard. Delivering sharp corrective punishments to any of the slaves who displeased their mistress. Whether by some perceived overexcitement or some other imagined incorrect behavior. 

 

       In the windows of the shop's fashions were on full display, and dazzling bundles of flowers and herbs could be seen. Books and bright potion bottles glittered in the windows. The jewelry sparkled, and the shine of polished steel glinted with the noonday sun.

 

       The passing hum of conversations filled my ears as we walked around groups of women who had stopped to chat. The festive and lively mood brought a sense of life to the marina. 

 

       'I had better make some purchases in the shops to fit in better. It appears that citizenry carry their bags to display instead of store them in an inventory.' I thought.

 

       A group of women exited a shop that had bottles in the window. They chatted amiably as I stopped by the door to let them pass. I entered through the wooded and glass door; of what I had thought was a potion shop; in fact, it was a perfumery. The heady and strong scent of perfume and cologne clung to the air as I entered.

 

       The store had an open floor plan, and the products for sale lined the walls of the shop. In the back was a long counter with several attendants helping customers with their purchases. 

 

       "Good day my lord. Is there anything I can help you find today?" a caracal demi human cat girl said. Her strawberry blond hair was braided in a crown around her ears. She had large brown eyes that hinted at the feline origin, and she wore a light white halter top cut low to expose her tone abdomen. The light white skirt did little to hide the pink lace panties she wore underneath. 

 

       I stared her up and down, doing my best to pretend to judge her apparent worth and if she was subtle enough to assist me. "Yes, that would be acceptable. Sir Grayson." I said, feigning a hoity air.

 

       "Wonderful Sir Grayson. Are you looking for yourself or for a lucky lady?" 

 

       "Both in fact, I am partial to the deep cents of sandalwood and amber. While I prefer my women to have a lighter and citrine smell about them." I said, racking my brain for things I knew about scents. The world had been rather clean-smelling so far with the spells I had access to, but having mistaken this for a potion shop instead of the perfumery it was, I had to purchase something to fit in and not raise suspicion.

 

       So began the assault on my olfactory senses. I did battle with paper testing strips and sample bottles of the pungent aromas of the colognes and perfumes. I ended up purchasing four perfumes, three colognes, and two slave mists. 

 

       The perfumes were tolerable, one being a light floral with notes of citrus blossoms, one reminding me of the almost overly sweet aroma of lemon meringue pie, another was deeper and reminded me of eating pancakes with maple syrup and a fresh-squeezed glass of orange juice, while the last had a wild smell of orange and grapefruit on a summer afternoon.

 

       The colognes came in three types; light, medium, and bold. The light I imagined would be worn to a tea party, or someplace one would stay in one spot for a long pierid of time, as to not overwhelm the air with the sent. The medium would be worn in day-to-day activities, and the bold was meant for the smoky air of a cigar room. The scents were rich and full of wood and smoke.

 

       The slave mists were cheaper smelling by far, but the quality was still present; each had light citrus tones that would be able to be applied multiple times a day if the scent was going to last.

 

       With the cat girl's assistance, I spent the better part of two hours in the shop. 6 platinum pennies later, I had garnered the attention of the other women in the shop antiquity. They took long sidelong glances at me as they shopped and as the bottles I had purchased were placed in a thick paper bag with colorful tissue paper spilling from the top and beautiful gold script on the side, exclaiming the shop's name Grand Aroma Thera.

 

       The attendants had assured me that the perfumes would make wonderful first gifts for any lady I was courting, and the colognes were manly and bold. I had purchased the largest bottles available of each type; they were all the same size of various decorations but had an enchantment on them that increased their size to over a gallon on the inside of the small bottles. Handing the bag over to Timothy, who accepted it with a subaqueous bow of the head, we left. The chattering of the women in the store following me out.

 

       

 

50