Chapter 2
92 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the student in front of me it all seems to be the same so far, the learner would step up and place their hand on an orb.

The student will glow and they get covered in armor, each one has been different. Then the armor disappears and they get put in a different class.

"Next please."

Alright, it's my turn, this will be easy, it doesn't take any skill to put your hand on an orb.

"Name please?"

"Haruto Koboyashi."

"Alright then please place your hand on the orb and your armor should manifest itself."

Alright this is my first step to becoming a knight, here I

"Go!"

Shit, I just yelled that out loud...I can't look up, I'm too embarrassed. Wait I don't feel any-

"Aaarrgghhh!!"

Glowing lights should be surrounding me, but instead, there's black and white lightning coming out of me.

"What's happening to him?"

"What is that!"

So not even these hopefuls know what's happening to me, shouldn't my armor manifest. Dammit, I just wanted to become a knight, why am I the only one getting hurt!

The lightning began to surge through his body and the surrounding students covered their eyes as the intense light resonated from my body.

"Haruto!!"

-

"Where am I... I remember Ayako yelling my name and then. Wait am I in a bed?"

Looking around It seems I'm in some kind of practitioner's office, I see someone sitting at a desk.

"Oh you're awake now, you seemed to have lost most of the day from what happened out there."

"Out there? What happened, I remember the pain and lots of light and then lightening."

"I see, so you are fine then, you passed out from the sudden loss of magic. Large amounts of magic can strain the body to the point of it taking life force, so you ended up collapsing.

Welcome to the nurse's office, I'm the school's nurse, Yamakawa pleased to meet you.

"How do you feel?"

I thought you just said I was fine...why bother asking.

She really has a calm tone, it's like she's half-asleep.

"Yeah I think I'm fine, you said I missed most of the day. So um where do I go now, is there a class I can go to?"

"Mmm... I think so, it's down the hall to the right."

...Think so huh? She doesn't act at all like how she looks, with her green hair and mature look but she's an airhead.

"Thank you miss Yamakawa, I'll be on my way then.

Wait! Where's my shirt... and pants?"

"They are over there on the table."

"I see. Now tell me why they were there!"

"I'm the nurse, it's my job to see what problems caused you to faint. Did I forget to introduce myself?"

This woman...I got to get to my class, I already blew my first day.

After getting changed quickly I sprinted out and towards the class, I had missed most of but hopefully, I won't draw too much attention to what happened.

While reaching for the door my hand had a small surge of electricity again, kind of like a tingle running up my arm.

"Huh"

No, I'm already late, I need to catch up.

"Shud"

"Oooh, Koboyashi! You're awake, I was getting worried!"

"Sorry to worry you."

"Sadly you missed introductions but you can sir next to Sasaki there in the back."

Ayako? Great so we did make it to the same class, things are going good so far-

Sitting right in front of me, the corner seat in the front row is my childhood friend.

"Kazemi?"

"Kazemi," asked miss Hayashi with a confused look on her face.

There's no doubt about it, her dark brown hair and purple eyes. This is the Kazemi I wanted to meet again as a knight.

"Oh you mean Onishi Kazemi, are you two acquainted?"

"Yeah we are childhood friends, I never thought we-"

"Slam"

Kazemi punched me full power in the back of my head which made me dizzy and fall over.

"Haruto you idiot what are you doing here!"

"Oooow... What you do that for! I enrolled to become a knight obviously."

"But why would you, you were going to a normal high school!"

She's really angry for some reason, I got to calm her down. She's normally so kind and playful with me, but now she looks like a demon spawn...

"As much as I love a heated reunion could you both sit down please, nya!"

""What do you mean heated reunion!""

Greeting me with a pitiful smile was Ayako as I made my way to my seat. It's good to know someone is happy to see me.

After that both Kazemi and I sat down and the class lesson went on although even with miss Hayashi's cute opening speech I still felt embarrassed. I got to learn a few names but ultimately missed most of my first day.

"Alright now that everything's been taken care of, everyone will now make their way to their dorms for the day.

Get to know your roommates as they will be with you until your final year. Starting tomorrow we begin classes for real, nya!"

Did she just say, roommate? I wonder what kind of roommate I will get, I wonder if it will be the same gender. I might end up with a girl...

A really indecent thought just popped into my head. I should probably find Kazemi before she...and she's gone.

"Umm Haruto, are you alright?"

"Oh, Ayako, lucky us right we got in the same class."

"Yeah that is good, um Haruto do you know what class we are in?"

"Class 1-D."

"Do you not mind?" Ayako said that very surprisingly.

"What's wrong with that, it's just a class right?"

"Class D...is for- for the-the ones failing."

"What!!"

How did this happen, I'm failing already and I haven't even started yet...

"When a student is accessed by their academics, combat skills, and magic power, if they are failing in one of these severely they get placed in class D."

"Combat, how did they measure that?"

"With the orb, it was used to limit break you and identify your overall strengths."

I really did miss a lot from today, I wonder how far behind I am because of this. It's only the first day and the lag is setting in.

"Wait so that means class A is the elites right?"

"Yes." she's looking down to her feet with that sad look again.

"That will be a nice goal then for us, we will get to class A and break through the hierarchy of elites."

"What! There's no way I could do that, my magic power was very low."

"So? If magic power was all there is to a knight then why would they grade us on anything else?"

Ayako's face began blushing bright red, she almost looked like a tomato.

"You ok Ayako?"

"Huh! Huuh! I got to go!"

Ayako sprinted away covering her face, occasionally running into a wall as she went along.

"I guess I'm going on alone then."

I ended up walking around the Accommodation building looking for my room and finally found the room number.

Behind this door is my new roommate, but many images of demons and worst-case scenarios came rushing through my mind.

Nothing I can do but face it head-on!

"Hello, I'm Haruto Koboyashi nice to meet you!"

"797...798...799...800-

Oh hey there, wait you're that guy from class who fainted this morning right?"

Right in the middle of the room was a guy doing handstand pushups. He has red hair with a ponytail that can run down his shoulder.

Oh no, he remembers...wait he said from class, also why is he working out in a shared room!

"Are you in class D too?"

It's looking like he might be a weird guy so far, thing's aren't picking up for me.

"Yep, my name is Sora Nishimura. Looking forward to living with ya."

"Same here, you were working out so I'm guessing you're a well-trained fighter."

"Yep, my family has two knights in it already and I used to do kendo."

Now that he is standing up I can see how well-built his body is. He has really defined muscles, I guess I'm behind here too. At least he isn't a weirdo...I think.

I and Sora talked quite a lot through the night and he filled me in on what I missed in class, based on what I got from talking to him he is definitely the big brother type.

3