Chapter 9 – Awkward conversation
143 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...Andy! Wake up!... Breakfast..."

Andy was woken up by a young girl's voice. Its voice was muffled because he is still half awake.

But somehow, he has a bit of expectation. 

An anime-like scene where he was woken up by a pretty girl. A neighborhood girl that wakes him up every morning. Or a cute step-sister...

Then, he opens his eyes.

He gets up just to see his little sister. 

Feeling disappointed, he pulls the blanket over again.

"Ahh..! You!! Dad already down there. Get up before he wakes you up himself", Astry.

Knowing her sister tire herself to come over and waking him up, his dad probably the one who told her.

'She would never wake me by her own. Then, if it's the dad who asks her, I should get up before he comes'

He thinks about it and gets up.

"... You can go now. I will tidy up a bit and goes down after that"

"You better be fast!"

"Yeah. Just tell him to eat first, I will come in a jiffy"

Like that, her sister goes out. Leaving Andy alone in his room.

Alone, Andy observes his room.

'Hmm.. aside from my bed, everything else is good'

After a bit of assessing, he folds his blanket and washes his face.

After that, he goes down to the dining room without changing clothes.

Down there, There's already his father and sister. Eating their breakfast.

"Ohh? Already up? Sleepyhead", Astry.

"No. As you can see, I'm still sleeping and in a state of sleepwalking", Andy.

Hearing Astry retort, he replies while taking a seat.

Didn't want to lose, she also trying to reply. Saying about his last night marathon.

"... Full of you, Weebs. Last night I hear a Japanese voice from your room. Sigh.. And here I thought our family members are all a normal one!"

Yet, hearing that makes his irk up.

" I don't want to hear that from someone who has Korean posters!"

"Ahem..."

"".....""

Before the war escalated, their father makes a fake cough. A reminder to them that he is here.

He has purple-undercut hair. A thin line of beards in his chin. Making his face look masculine and men-like.

"I heard that you got a problem in school, Andy"

"Aaah.. It seems I have. A problem or two..."

"Ohh... then be careful"

"Yeah.."

Even though he is their father, they didn't have a good relationship. More like an awkward relationship.

It's not a secret that he was a busy person. Having to travel here and there making him rarely at home.

Because of that, their conversation a bit awkward.

Suddenly..

"Hahahaha..", Andy.

"Pfft..", Astry.

His father also smiles, a little.

Andy doesn't know why, he felt this a bit amusing. A family that stranger to each other. Even though they were a parent and child...

And it seems, they too agree with him.

***

Hearing Andy got a problem, Astry becomes curious.

"Father. Why would he get a problem? No offense, but someone with no friends like him wouldn't get into any trouble", Astry.

"No offense, but Hey!! it was offensive. It's not that I don't have any, I just didn't want to have one"

"Huh.. That's what a loner would say.."

Hearing his daughter, her father answers it while eating.

"Well, I just heard it from my friends. His kid seems to attend the same school as Andy"

"Ohh? What is his name?", Andy.

"Name..? I don't know his kid's name. But what I heard that you got a problem with the teacher"

Shock. 

Astry feeling dread over her body. 

If this was a drama, she might already drop the spoon. That's how taken aback she is.

"A teacher!? H-how come? What did you do Andy!? Andy!!"

"Tch.. You're too loud. I just daydreaming a bit in class. And he takes offense by that. He was famous for being a grumpy teacher so you don't need to panic"

"Fiuh.. I thought you got into some serious problem there"

After hearing Andy assuring words, Astry becomes calm down. 

Yet his father has a weird feeling. A feeling that, It's not just a mere teacher problem.

"Is that all?", Father.

"Yeah"

"Then, for you to know. Whatever happens, I Will be on your side..."

"Awww...", Astry.

"...except you break the law. And drugs. Ohh..! And tax fraud"

".....", Andy.

'I'll probably wouldn't do that at my age..'

*****

4