0/ Abyssus
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Democritus said, "Truth is in the abyss." 

The abyss is a gaping opening that opens like a black mouth, a dark abyss whose contours and bottom are not visible. Does it even have a bottom, or does it have infinite depths?

But wouldn't the abyss be death because when we die don't we fall into this abyss? A place where there is no light, no sound, no sensation, only emptiness. Where our existence may not even be one. But one thing is sure, the abyss is filled with infinite obscurity and darkness. Able to swallow the light itself.

And if the abyss is death and the only truth. That is the idea that there is nothing lasting under the sun, and the every living being dead on probation. The hanging sword of Damocles waiting to give death.

And he who dives into the abyss and succeeds in the feat of returning from it will change radically and will undoubtedly become a stranger to all men. For to return from the abyss is to return from death, and the tortures of death and its solitude are frightening.

Diving into moments of abdication of reason, into dreams and madness, into all those gestures where the human crosses the inhuman, where nature becomes unnatural. Having for effect the desacralization of the world. Everything is then reconsidered from the conscience of an infinite, defined and undefined outside of us and in us. Of what is good or bad, of what is moral and what is not.

So beware! For if you look into the abyss too long, the abyss will also look into you.

0