Chapter 7: Minion collection begins.
636 7 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV Ember

As we walk towards our assigned classroom, I notice my dear sister, Atlantica, is still annoyed at the headmistress' sudden announcement. I guess it's my job to convince her this will be a good way to gather minions, connections and information for the inevitable battle against the Evil God. Having meatshields wouldn't hurt our chances, for I feel nothing for the mortals of this plane, despite them being the result of mother's creations. I'm glad it's my sister who's going to be the Empress, if we're still here by then. I am more fit to support her in her reign, and she's more fit to rule over the masses. One thing that I am glad for is that reading all those books, well, improved her common sense. My dear sister actually thought "Your Majesty" was a name. Oh my.

We arrive at our classroom, and there's a lot of noise coming from the inside. Hmm? Why is Atla looking ar- oh. She was looking around to see if anyone else could see us so she could kiss me. While that does make me happy, I'm sad that she has to prove her love due to my insecurities, that is not a burden I wanted to place on my sister.

Atla opens the door and we enter the classroom. All the noise is gone. Complete silence. Everyone is just staring at us. I guess this is something we'll have to get used to. It seems my sister is looking for a place where we both can sit side by side, oh, looks like she found one. Atla drags me over to a pair of desks in the middle of the room and we sit down. It seems people have started talking again, good. We can't gather information if nobody wants to talk around us. Oh, here comes another boy, let's hope we don't get a repeat of that horrible Prince of Hope, hmm I do wonder what happened to him after that, we haven't seen him.

"Ehm, excuse me your hignesses. My name is Daniel Ferdinand, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Atla, isn't Ferdinand one of the two dukes we suspect?"

My sister gives me a nod before she turns back towards the Ferdinand boy.

"Greetings Daniel Ferdinand. There's no need for a formal greeting, you can either call us by name or our school titles, Council President and Security President."

"Very well. Have either of you seen the advance copy of the course selections?" Both me and my sister shake our heads, we haven't been too interested in the classes, as we're mostly here for the people and the library. Daniel hands us a paper with all the courses listed on it.

"Here you go. Usually the teacher hands one out but I know a lot of high nobility prefers to have the information beforehand. Why they can not wait a few hours I do not understand, but I was given a few copies and I figured I could give you one."

Before either of us can give him a response, a white haired girl walks up to us. Me and my sister don't usually care about people's looks, but white hair is certainly unusual, maybe some sort of disease? 

"Ah, Sylvie over here!"

The girl shyly makes her way over to where we are.

"This is Sylvie Hillroy, my childhood friend and fiancè."

"G-greetings Princess Atlantica and Princess Ember."

As my sister greeted the Ferdinand boy, I'll do this one.

"Greetings Sylvie Hillroy, as we previously stated towards Mr. Ferdinand, there's no need for formal greetings, you can call us by our names or our school titles."

The girl's cheeks takes on a tinge of red. Oh my, it looks like she's a very shy one. It's kind of cute, like a hamster pet. Now that I'm looking at both of them they are quite attractive, above the average. The Ferdinand boy is a few centimeters taller than us, with light-green hair, matching eyes and very handsome facial features. He has the typical build of a swordsman, and it's fairly obvious he's practiced in both swords and combat.

The hamster girl on the other hand is the very definition of adorable cuteness. Her shimmering long white hair cascades as she walks. Her bang is being held by a light yellow headband, matching her yellow eyes. She's a bit smaller than the two of us, but that just adds to her cuteness.

"Atla, can I keep the girl as a pet?"

My sister let's out an involuntary giggle, which causes the two youths in front of us to look at her.

"I'm sorry, my sister looked funny and I couldn't hold it in."

"EM! Don't make me laugh at random times! But yes, we can keep her. I also want to keep the minion boy, Daniel? They're both delivering themselves towards us, which makes it a lot easier to investigate their parents. For all we know they're trying to get close to us to further some idiotic ploy."

After the confirmation from my oh so lovely sister, I turn back towards the pair.

"Would the two of you like to join us for lunch in the cafeteria after homeroom?"

The boy's confidence visibly soars, while the girl looks towards the floor. Quite interesting reactions, the girl just reaffirms my desire to keep her as a pet.

"We would love to. Ah, teacher's here. Let's talk afterwards." The boy bows and walks away. A few seconds later the girl realizes she's been left behind, gives us a clumsy curtsy and daddles after her fiancè.

"Em, she's going to be our petting animal. I want to pat her hair, it looks so soft."

"Same here Atla, but I expect you to keep me as your priority." I give my sister a slight pout and cross my arms, to which she gives me a slight chuckle, which in turn causes me to giggle. We entangle our hands underneath the desk, as the teacher arrives behind his raised desk.

"Good morning, My name is Ludwig Rust, and I'll be your homeroom teacher. In addition I also do world history and magic theory."

The teacher continues on his speech for a while, but neither me nor my sister listens. Our father has probably already selected our courses without our knowledge, as we've learned he's been doing quite a lot lately.

After the incredibly boring homeroom is over, we see the Ferdinand boy and hamster girl make their way over to us, no doubt to continue our discussion about lunch. This will be a good time to see what they know about their parents. I give my sister a grin, and she returns with a nod and an amused smile. This is going to be fun.

31