Chapter 10: Gaining Access
490 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We've spent the last couple of days using all our time in between classes and after to research the divine language, as it's the biggest clue to regaining more memories and understand more of our divine nature. I'm currently lying on bed reading a compendium of all known spells that are available to the public. While Em has been sending messages back and forth to our father to update him on what's been happening in the Academy, aswell as ask him to focus on the Ferdinand family and seeing what Daniel does.

"Atla, I don't think there's anything more in the normal section of the library we can learn from. I think we'll have to gain access to the locked section."

"Hmmm, wouldn't our positions give us access to that?"

"No, I asked, apparently it's only for the teacher's research, as it contains the 'milder' knowledge forbidden by the Empire and Kingdom. There was an event a few centuries ago causing certain information of magic to be considered forbidden, and the Empire and Kingdom set up sort of a world research center in co-operation with the smaller kingdoms, going through all the available books, scrolls and other written formats to classify them into varying degrees of forbidden. Only the lowest classification is kept in the Royal Academy, I think we have more in the castle, so I'll assume we have to ask father for that."

"Mmm then how do you propose we get access to the academy's section?"

"I don't think you're going to like it, I think you'll have to tell the headmistress that you can improve the enchantments around the academy, but to do that you need access to the books in the locked section."

"So more work for me while you can laze around?" I ask her with a sly grin.

My sister is obviously having none of that as she throws a pillow at me.

"Also you're being so unfair! Why am I the only one talking while you're using telepathy! I know we have almost exactly the same voice but I want to hear you speak too, you know it's different and you know how much I like to listen to your voice!"

I chuckle at my sister's annoyance, she's so adorable with the way she pouts.

"Very well, now come here so I can recharge my Em-battery. You've been writing back and forth with father for a few hours now."

"I'll have you know I've been doing all this back and forth so you don't have to!"

I summon a seat of water under my sister with a wave of my hand, before beckoning it to move her over and plop her down on the bed besides me.

"I know, thank you." I give her a warm smile.

She pouts for a few more seconds, before blossoming into a radiant smile.

"I love it when you use your magic like that, your mana is just so cool and soothing."

I drag my sister into my embrace and plant a kiss on the top of her head. Lightly dragging my fingers back and forth over her back as she lays on top of me. 

"Mmmm, can we spend a few more hours like this before you go see the headmistress?"

A low growl of acceptance runs through my body, and I can feel it affecting my sister in just the way I hoped it did.

I slowly move my finger from her back to her front, dragging it lower as I whisper in hear ear; "Something tells me you don't only want to cuddle."

My sister gives me a grin before licking her lips.


"So why exactly is it that you want access to the locked section of the library?"

We're currently standing in Sabrina's office, after our, cuddle, session we took a bath together and then headed off to her office after a light meal.

"My sister has found a way to improve the enchantments on our room, solidifying it's defense. We think she can improve the overall safety of the academy, but to do that there are a few pieces of information lacking, that we think is in the locked section of the library, as a part of the improvement is centered around mind alteration spells."

Sabrina raises an eyebrow and looks from my sister towards me.

"And how exactly did you gain the knowledge to improve the enchantments that have been placed for over a century?"

Now it's my turn to raise an eyebrow.

"Headmistress, do we need to remind you what our status is outside the academy? I'm the future Empress of the largest nation in the world, and she is my twin sister."

"Oh, right. I'm sorry sometimes I keep forgetting about the outside world, as the society of academies is close knit and we seldom interact or meddle in politics outside of the ones involving the academy. Very well, I'm giving the Council President permission to enter, but only her. While you both are probably going to share whatever information you find anyways, I need to keep up with appearances and only give her the access, I'm sure you can understand why."

I give her a nod and she gives me a small pin. "Give this to the librarian and he'll put you on the list. Do let me know when this, research, is completed, will you?"

"Of course."

And with that we both make our way back to our rooms, as neither of us are in the mood to visit the library this late.

29