Prologue
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello! This is my first story so I will accept any criticisms and comments on the story. I have posted this series on other sites such as Webnovel, Wattpad and Royal Road so you check those out if I forget to post on this site every Tuesday. I will inform you guys if I'm taking a break from writing. Anyways, Happy pre- Hari Raya Aldifiltri and enjoy! (*^▽^*)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So it’s finally the day of the festival! Hahaha.” the Joker-like figure chuckled. “Now, let the fun begin!” the figure disappeared into the darkness as more people bustled in the venue. “WONDERFUL!!!!! SO MANY PRECIOUS TOYS GATHERED AT ONE PLACE!!! JUST WONDERFUL!!!!,” the figure thought sinisterly in his head.

 

“Hey, over here!” the brunette shouted to her friend. “Coming!” her blonde friend answered. The two voices belonged to Beatrice and Anne, who were enjoying the festival just like everyone else. After an hour or two of walking around, the girls decided to go to a horror house, the haunted house that was being mobbed by the still-expanding crowd. When they were half through the haunted house, a joker-like figure suddenly appeared in front of them. Because of the darkness, they couldn’t see the person’s face very well. He chanted something in a strange language that Anne and Beatrice have never heard before, and before they knew it, the Joker-like figure disappeared. 

 

Thud!’ Beatrice suddenly collapsed. Anne was flustered but she remained calm. She carried Beatrice to the nearest bathroom - an old underground bathroom that was going to be renovated into a sewer a month later. Anne was in such a hurry that she failed to notice her surroundings. That was the fatal mistake that would lead the two friends to eternal separation. 

 

“......one, Beatrice! Are you awake yet~?” Beatrice woke up to see Anne with a bucket of water in her hands. “Anne, oh, Anne you saved me!”

“Yeah, I did. Why did you collapse just now?! You were so pale too! You had me so worried!” Anne scolded Beatrice with tears in her eyes. 

“I don’t know! I just had a weird dream, you know? Anyways, I need to go to the loo! It’s an emergency!”

“ Okay, fine! I’ll let you go this time.” warned Anne threateningly as she helped Beatrice to go to the bathroom. 

 

“Beatrice, I’ll meet you upstairs, okay? Come up after you’re finished”

“Sure, Anne. I’ll meet you later then”. 

“Bye!” 

“Bye.” Anne left as her voice echoed off the empty hallway. 

A few moments later, “Well, I’m done now! Now let’s get- Wait, why can’t I open this door?” Beatrice tried to open the stubborn door again but it didn’t move.  

“No, no, no, this is just another delusion of mine so LET ME OUT!” Beatrice desperately tugged at the door this time as if her life depended on it but it still wouldn’t budge.

“Ah, cold, cold!” Beatrice woke up to realize the traumatic experience she had was just a dream. She was still stuck in the dreadful bathroom that was filled with its unbearable cold water. “Well, this is what I get for being careless. I should’ve been more careful on that day 2 years ago…..”

“What are you doing, Princess Elena?” “Nothing………., Master.” 

The creepy slurring voice belonged to the same Joker-like figure from 2 years ago.

0