Chapter 14: Dr Zero, The frog-faced doctor
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hope this chapter gave you some adrenaline! Because if it did, then yay for me! I achieved my goal! Anyways, stay healthy and safe! Enjoy!


“ Now, where are the pests that you told me about?” the silky voice asked,  his footsteps unrhythmic, pacing quickly across the rock floor. 

 

“ Esteemed scholar, I have smelled a human’s scent here and thus reported it to you, but the presence of a human has not been confirmed yet,” Asper replied quietly, a bead of sweat falling down from his furry face. 

 

“Hmm, then you troubled me for nothing? I was in an ongoing experiment when you asked for me, you know?” the voice asked again as he stared Asper dead in the eye.

 

“ W-well, y-your lord…..” Asper squeaked out, his head hanging low, immediately avoiding eye contact with Dr. Zero.

 

“Anyway, get on with it! My time is precious and I can’t afford to waste it here!” Dr. Zero snapped hastily. 

 

Under Dr. Zero, four children were frozen, not moving until they got the signal they wanted. Anne had signaled them earlier saying that there was a confirmed unbeatable enemy above and so, they restricted their movements to breathing every 10 seconds. 

 

The four glanced at each other, fear evident in their eyes. The atmosphere was negative, sending goosebumps to every other person other than the one who created it. 

 

One of the four having her hand clamped over her mouth; another was staring intently at Anne asking for answers; and the third, well, staring at the small gap to keep watch on the situation, and the last, Anne was unexpectedly shivering from fright. Beads of sweat rolled down Anne’s slightly tanned skin, waves of thoughts crashing into by the minute, making her numb to her surroundings. 

 

After 15 minutes of searching, Dr. Zero once again ushered the two patrol guards to hurry up, barking at them, saying that he had something important to attend to. And after another 5 minutes, Dr, Zero couldn’t handle it anymore, and rushed out of the cave, not bothering to even glance at the two patrol dogs. 

 

After he left, Anne collapsed on the ground, making a huge loud thud, alerting the three who were only a few miles away from the location. 

 

Sir Anxius shouted'' See, I knew it! There was someone there!!” He and Asper then ran into the cave once again rushing to the spot where the sound originated from. 

 

The sound of quickened footsteps was pounding in every direction, making the four’s ears hurt. Anne still looked panic-stricken, her irises shaking violently. 

 

“ Well, found anything?” the unfamiliar thunderous voice boomed.

 

“ Y-your g-grace, w-w-what are you doing h-here?” Anxious asked timidly, completely opposite to his usual rude self. 

 

“ When Dr. Zero was 10 minutes late, I knew something was up. What’s going on here?” the voice demanded once again. 

 

“ W-well, w-we h-had smelled an h-human’s s-scent here, so….” ASper hurriedly replied. 

 

“ It could just be a human corpse! Why did you call Dr. Zero here for such a frivolous matter?! Come on, let’s go!” the voice ushered Dr. Zero who was looking at the owner of the voice with strangely obedient eyes, like one of a groveling dog. 

 

Footsteps paced across the rock floor again and, finally left for good now, not one heard after the last disappeared. 

 

Anne’s face finally regained some color, sighing, relieved that the people were gone. 

 

Anne was laid there to rest as the others went poke around upstairs but saw something through the gap- it was a camera. It was one of those small cameras, those that you can’t find unless you were an expert at finding things.

 

“ Well, we can’t get out now, right?” Ice said. 

 

“T-t-then, what do w-we d-do now? T-t-they will find out t-that w-we’re not t-there t-tomorrow! We have an a-a-assembly tomorrow! T-t-the prime m-minister is g-going to come!” Mary asked as she collapsed on the floor, the color completely drained from her face. 

0