Chapter 17: Cornered once again(1)
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three children were racing through the shaded plains of Aconitum forests, creeping silently as they seemingly dissolved in the shadows of the towering trees.

 

In actuality, there were four youths, but one was hanging on another’s back for dear life. They were talking about the situation that they encountered before this and of course, the trembling chipmunk kept her silence. 

 

“Hey Anne, are you sure you know your way?” Ice asked as they zipped past several trees. 

 

“ Yup, Won’t you trust me a bit more? I’ve been here for a year now, why would I not know my way?” Anne replied quipped annoyedly as she made a snide comment.

 

“ Well, I don’t know. Maybe you’ll collapse again? Who knows?” ice responded, shrugging.

 

“ Ya, big sis Anne, I’m worried, are you okay?” Ruby asked, sounding worried.

 

“ You all say that, and yet you siblings have a cheeky smile on your face.” Anne retorted, her face showing blatant exasperation. 

 

“ Ya, ya. Anyways, what do we do about the situation with that cat superior being?” Ice asked.

 

“ Ya, about that, do we even know where to meet her to ask her about what information to acquire?” Ruby asked.

 

“ Okay, you too, first of all, calm down. And second of all, we need to figure out our role in all of this first.”, Anne remarked. “ So, I thought of our schedule.  Each of us will take turns getting information and Mary will be our transcriber and our informant for Reglin.” Anne said after she took a deep breath.

 

“Ok, that’s fine. But what’s the order if people?” Ice asked.

 

“ I’ll be first since I’ve infiltrated that place once before. Then, Ruby and Ice. We’ll alternate between this sequence.”, Anne explained to them avoiding another CCTV by a miss of a hair. “ Also, take this and heal whatever scratches that you got, you'll need to get rid of all evidence. Remember to take a shower.” 

 

“ We’re nearly reaching the base soon, so shush.” Ruby reminded them as the outline of the base came into sight. 

 

A minute of silence passed by, and the four hid behind the bushes as they waited for another patrol guard to pass by. They repeated this process until they reached the bypass. 

 

They silently said their goodbyes, and Anne brought Mary back to her room. 

 

As they entered Mary’s room full of drugged lab subjects, they suddenly heard a thud. Patrol guards were coming once again. This was of course fine, but the room was not furnished at all and there was no drain or gaps that they could hide form. 

 

But the thing was that the unsuccessful lab subjects’ and the successful lab subjects’ uniforms were blatantly. The two were now cornered , and the trembling chipmunk wanted to hide.

0