Chapter 7
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Returning home, Kai immediately noticed the "shadowing". They were being followed. He and Prokhor were sitting in the back seat of the jeep. Their driver was a young kid, next to whom a thug was sitting. They were followed by two more jeeps with the bros, the rest had left earlier.

"The shadowing is behind us," said Kai's voice.

Prokhor sobered up immediately.

"Come on. How have you guessed?"

"Three jeeps are going behind two cars from us all this time."

"Why were you silent then?"

"Prokhor, it is your security who should speak, what are you paying them for? I'm starting to worry about how you've organized everything here. Speed ​​up," Kai put his hand on the driver's shoulder.

Now Prokhor realized that they were being chased. And at the railway crossing, they were cut off from the boys in two other jeeps. They simply did not orientate themselves and remained to wait for the train, and the jeep with Prokhor and three "shadowing" jeeps went ahead.

Though the young driver put on speed, it was not enough.

"Very slowly, faster," Kai kept in sight the jeeps following them.

"I can't go faster," the guy admitted honestly.

"Well, further there is a turn onto a dirt road. Drive sharply at it, without reducing the speed, then on the branch to the right and press the brakes - we will change places. Prokhor, what about weapons?"

Prokhor and the thug pulled out their pistols. Kai took them, looked at them, and took the thug's pistol.

The driver did everything exactly. Waiting for an abrupt stop, Kai flew out of the door and, crouching down, began to shoot at the wheels of the jeeps rushing towards him. Now, after they left the track for the dirt road, it could be clear even to the "goof" that they were being pursued.

While Kai was shooting, the driver got to another place, then the lad jumped into the driver's seat and pressed the gas pedal.

"Buckle up, everyone," Kai met his eyes with those of Prokhor through the rear-view mirror. "I ask you."

Prokhor buckled up, however, like everyone else. And everyone saw that one of the pursuers' jeeps flew into a ditch.

Kai was driving fast, very fast. He flew off the dirt road onto the main road and soon the car turned into a point. Those still tried to catch up with them, but could not, since Kai regularly drove into the oncoming lane, overtaking along, or flew to the side - then the car was shaking and it flew up on bumps. The pursuers could not stand such a pace of driving. They began to lag. After a while, they broke away from them.

Kai slowed down so as not to attract the attention of the traffic police, but still very quickly and extremally, in everyone's opinion, brought the car to their entrance.

There they got out, he saw that all the passengers were happy to be able to leave the car. Already in their apartment, the thugs and the driver in glaring colors told everyone how Kai drove a car.

"You’re flying in fighters now," Prokhor said vaguely, not yet moving away from such a trip.

"Yes, I have to."

"Tell me, my friend - have we been driving fast or flying low?"

"We have saved now, and this should not have happened. Prokhor, what the hell is going on at you. Who is it? Do you know them?"

"These are the features of my work. There will always be those with whom I have interfered. And not to interfere, you yourself understand, I cannot. I think this is from the southern ones - now I have serious issues with them."

"Then I do not understand why there is no normal security and everything is such rubbish?"

The security chief of Prokhor turned pale and took a step towards Kai.

"Did you tell me that?"

"Sit!" Prokhor commanded him. "And be silent when my friend speaks," then turned to Kai. "Can you offer something specific?"

"Yes."

And then Kai for the first time seriously delved into Prokhor's affairs. He analyzed the organization of security at the moment. He talked to people, finding out their level of training. Then he redistributed who, where, and for what was responsible, swapped people around depending on their skills and abilities.

For the next two days, he was busy with this.

On the third day, ten people broke into their apartment. Kai asked Prokhor not to send security on the weekend. But Prokhor did not listen, saying that everyone needed to rest, they were people too. He had left only a couple of people to guard the apartment. The rest went away. However, there were other bros in the apartment, but they drank and these questions did not bother them.

Apparently, those who needed Prokhor watched the apartment, which was what Kai had assumed. They, taking advantage of the opportunity - the absence of the main guard, knocked down the door and flew inside, laying everyone face down. Only Kai continued to sit quietly on the sofa, cross-legged in Turkish style and watching this picture.

"Doll, do you not understand what to do?" with a southern accent said the bandit who entered the apartment.

One of the attackers approached Kai and held out his hand to grab him. Then it all started. Prokhor, who remained sitting in a chair at gunpoint, calmly watched this whole scene of instant combat. Then the bros, raising their heads from the floor, watched what was happening.

In a split second, Kai knocked out the one who reached out to him, snatched the machine gun, and, already wielding the butt, began to knock out the others. His movements were lightning-fast and precise. Everyone who rushed to him flew off with broken faces or blows in the stomach and for a long time could not catch their breath.

Finally, the bros were able to seize the moment and, having risen from the floor, help Kai knock out those who were still stirring.

Seeing that the boys took control of the situation, Kai knocked down the chief and jumped on top of him, holding a knife to his throat. Now everyone froze - looked at them.

Kai spoke in Arabic, quietly, calmly, but his monotonous voice made everyone afraid.

The man with southern features lying under him did not even twitch, only gimleted with eyes. Then he began to answer him. Then he fell silent. Kai spoke again and began to drive the knife along the throat of the lying one. The knife cut through the skin, leaving bloody streaks. Kai pressed harder - fear appeared in the bandit's eyes, he spoke again, Kai interrupted him from time to time, then listened.

"What do you want me to do with him?" Kai looked at Prokhor.

"Let him go," Prokhor understood that killing someone in their apartment was not the best option.

"OK".

He jumped off the recumbent bandit and returned to the sofa, again sitting in the same position and watching from there as the bros escorted the intruders away.

"How did you manage to get him to talk?" Prokhor went up to Kai.

"Do you know who I am? I work for special services - that's my job."

"I just saw you different. I even got scared of you ..."

Kai just smiled sadly.

"What did you talk about with this?"

"I asked him questions about you," Kai darkened. " I will now comprehend his answers and then I will tell you, okay?"

Indeed, then he explained in detail to Prokhor and all the bros who had gathered at the council of the general situation of their destruction, which people hunted them and their goals. Kai managed to learn valuable moments about Prokhor from bandit's story. They consulted for a long time what to do with this and how to further ensure the safety of Prokhor and everyone.

In the evening, Prokhor took Kai to his place for the night, saying that all this time he would spend the night with him, and not in a shared apartment. Kai understood that he would offend Prokhor by refusing, so he went.

In Prokhor's apartment, another new girl was waiting for them. He was not even surprised by this anymore. Again, she was tall, slender, with legs from teeth, with a Hollywood smile, and very beautiful. Kai froze again, looking at such a "picture". Prokhor was gladdened by this. He liked it when his companions made such an effect on others.

The dinner was very tasty, despite its beauty and perfect manicure, it turned out that the girl cooked very well, homely, delicious. Kai appreciated this - he ate everything that she had put on the plate.

Then they drank cognac with Prokhor, as he said, for good sleep, and Kai went to bed, leaving Prokhor with his new one in the kitchen.

The next days of his short vacation passed without incident. He helped to establish the security service, now, after the raid on the apartment, they listened and heard him.

The time of his vacation came to an end, after a touching goodbye to everyone, he got into the car sent for him. There he forced himself to remove all feelings, emotions, and thoughts and become only a weak-willed robot - the executor of someone else's will.

Half a year later, he found out that Prokhor was taken into custody under the article for murder with a group of persons and he faced up to fifteen years.

He called Jordan and asked what he should do to prevent Prokhor's sentence from taking effect. Jordan laughed, humiliated and mocked him, and then said he would call back.

All this time Kai was actively trained: there was theory and practice. They were also regularly taken out to shoot. He lived in a common barracks. All this hell was brightened up only by Senya and Vadik. After Mishka's death, they continued to be friends. The guys understood how hard it all was for him, and therefore did not leave him and, if possible, were with him. He was very grateful to them for such support. Thanks to them, they quickly dealt with the hazing and those who had any questions for him. Soon, everyone fell behind him, preferring not to notice his presence. Therefore, Senya and Vadik were the only people with whom he could talk and understand that he was still alive.

Jordan called back, said that Prokhor could be given two years, it was impossible not to put him into prison - he deeply got into mess. For this, Kai would be sent to Afghan, where he must do everything that he would be ordered from the center. He immediately agreed and asked if he could see Prokhor. Jordan said yes.

He was brought to a meeting with Prokhor after the trial. They led them down the long gray gloomy corridors. A guard walked ahead. He opened and closed doors behind them. Finally, they entered the room. Prokhor was there. They exchanged glances, waited for the guard to come out and close the door.

Realizing that now they were alone, Kai stepped to Prokhor, who glared at him.

"What are you going to have to do for buying me out?" Prokhor realized that it was he who pulled him out of such a prison sentence.

"Nothing that I have not done. I'm leaving for Afghan," Kai froze, bumping into the hard gaze of his friend.

Prokhor turned pale.

"How much?"

"Forever. They don't need me here," he saw Prokhor's lost gaze. "Stop blaming yourself! You have nothing to do with it. We knew that sooner or later this would happen."

"Yes, we knew, but I caused you to be sent there.

"I would have been sent there anyway, so good that there is at least some benefit from it."

"Thank you," Prokhor's voice trembled. "You know, two years instead of fifteen is very serious. If it were fifteen, I would come out being an old man."

"It's good that I am useful for something, after all."

"Shut up!" Prokhor sharply pulled his friend to him and hugged him. "Do you remember what I promised you? I will become rich, strong and I will have power, then I will take you from them! You hear - I'll take! Just be patient ... take care of yourself," Prokhor squeezed Kai even more, and then let go.

Kai sighed heavily. Prokhor, after a pause, continued:

"Do you remember that conversation, well, when I told you didn't play the fool if something happened to you? Well, this, you understand ... if suddenly you ..."

"I remember," Kai looked down in embarrassment.

"So, I want to tell you again. You, most importantly, remember that you are the only one - you are my friend, I have no one else but you. So I don't give a shit about everything! The main thing is that you will come back. Do you understand me?"

"Prokhor, " Kai looked into his eyes. "Why are you talking about this now?"

"You are becoming very handsome."

"This is usually said to girls."

"I'm your friend, so I have to tell you this. Haven't you noticed the way men look at you?"

"No ... how?"

"They like you. Why are you so surprised? They want you - do you understand that?"

"And you?" burst out from Kai, he regretted it, but it was too late.

"My dick doesn't erect at you. Are you smiling? It's good. But the rest ... In short, remember, I will accept you any, just come back! Got it?"

"I've understood. But you will also be in prison, it happens there too."

Prokhor smiled.

"You don't even have to worry about me. Important people have already put in a word for me. Everyone is warned of my arrival and knows who I am. I'll get to know the chief mob boss there; he takes me under his wing. In short, I will become his deputy - and in general, there are many necessary people and relationships. You see during this time our gang has become significant in our world, they have appreciated me and want to promote me. In general, we will discuss everything there with the men and decide. Therefore, I will have no time to be bored - I will have to continue building the empire, seizing power!"

"Wow - great. It's great that everything will be all right with you there. Otherwise, all these days I felt so bad in my soul, worried about you."

"What? Did you think, stupid, with me, as with that guy, they would do?"

"Stop it, Prokhor, I'm just very worried about you."

"Thank you. But will you be calm now for my two years there?"

"Yes, I will. Will your gang break up without you?"

"No. Boris will be here instead of me, you don't know him yet. He is a normal man - he is hard upon fifty- serious and acts without foolishness. He will manage my business for now. By the way, he also knows about you, it's a pity that I didn't have time to introduce you."

"I am glad that your empire will live while you will be in prison."

"You know, I'll get myself a tattoo on my chest, well, as is customary for everyone who was sitting. And do you know what will be written there?"

Kai looked blankly at Prokhor.

"I will write there: "My friend forever - Kai!" And a skull with bones."

"Prokhor, please, not the skull!" he smiled after he imagined it.

"Do you want two doves and a heart?"

"No! Tattoo something else. Do you promise?"

"I promise!"

Kai understood that this was the end - now they would say goodbye and this was forever, he became sad.

"Well, that' all, bro, let's say goodbye," - Prokhor was still on the wave of a positive tattoo. He pulled him in and hugged him, it was rather formal, like an ordinary parting.

Everything in Kai's soul was cut short, bleeding, he felt so lonely and scared because now he would go out this door and remain all alone in this world. He clasped Prokhor's back with his hands and grabbed his jacket with his fingers, pressing his whole body against him. It turned out so childishly naive and pure. Prokhor froze, then realized that his eyes were filled with tears.

"It's so good that Kai doesn't see this," he thought, and hugged him, pressing tightly.

Kai stopped breathing, only his fingers gripped the fabric of his friend's jacket. He heard Prokhor's heartbeat.

The bolt on the door creaked and opened with a metallic clang. A guard appeared at the door.

"You have to go," said an indifferent voice.

Kai's breath caught in his powerlessness to change anything. Prokhor raised his eyes, not allowing tears to roll down his cheeks. He pushed Kai away from himself, ran his hand through his hair, and kissed his forehead like a father.

"You are still a child," he whispered. "Take care of yourself and remember: everything will be fine. I promise. Do you believe me?"

"Yes," Kai replied just as quietly.

Prokhor abruptly pulled back and was grateful to his friend for simply turning around and leaving this room, and not looking into his eyes, from which tears rolled down when the iron door closed behind him.

Kai walked down the corridor, hearing the grinding of doors being closed. He understood that this was the end - the end of his childhood, the end of his life, where Prokhor was, their apartment, and their gang of boys. He was in pain, insanely hurt, but when he went out into the street and the last door closed behind him, and Jordan was standing in front of the entrance next to a black Merc and his bullies at the jeeps, Kai became indifferent. He simply became a robot, a puppet in the hands of others, without thoughts, desires, and feelings. He became what they wanted him to be - a killing machine.

***

Afghanistan was hell on earth. Kai did not know why he had already gone to hell. It seemed that in his short young life he had not yet managed to sin so much - so why was he already in hell?

There was sun, heat, dust, and death.

During the year spent here, he only saw death. It was everywhere. And he lived, just lived, removing all feelings, thoughts, sensations. He stopped feeling the taste of food, the taste of life. He stopped feeling...

He died, he became a robot, a machine - it was easier this way, he could survive.

One of the advantages of his work was the apartment that was allocated to him.

The entire command staff of the garrison had such apartments.

He furnished the apartment to his taste, throwing out all the state furniture from there. He still had vomit memories of life in the barracks. Thanks to his efforts the apartment was like a normal home. Now he had money, a lot of money that he had nowhere to spend. They paid well for his service, plus Prokhor opened an account for him and his share went there from their "affairs". And besides, there was ransom from parents. According to the will of his deceased grandfather, whom he had not even seen, his father was obliged to give him a certain amount of their family capital, distributing it among all his children. Maybe his father did not want to do this, but everything was spelled out and legally fixed. Kai understood that he was rich, but why did he need this money?

He considered the main advantage of his stay here that he was not harassed with military discipline. He was in a privileged position here, many were annoyed by this, but he didn't care.

The head of the garrison, Pyotr Ivanovich, and among the people just a daddy, received clear command instructions regarding Kai. Therefore, they turned a blind eye to his discipline. But the most important advantage in his entire elite stay here, Kai believed that he was allowed not to cut his hair short, as it should be according to the charter. Those short haircuts - they drove him mad. Now he could afford a flyaway hairstyle. His hair was long at the top with curly locks falling over his eyes and cropped at the lowest part.

Everyone was already used to Kai's appearance, and his strange position - he seemed to obey, but he seemed to be on his own.

There had been many things that year. There was a war, blood, minor wounds, and captivity by Mujahideen, which he did not even want to remember now. There he was beaten, beaten, and beaten. Then they tortured him. He held on, and when they thought he was dead, he fled.

***

Kai woke up from painful memories - again it was a hot day, the sun, sand - a desert. A breeze was rising - a sandstorm began.

"I'll have to get on the plane," he thought.

It was incredibly hot on the plane, but had to endure, as the wind intensified, raising the sand.

In this stuffiness, Kai fell asleep again ...

0