Episode 1: My Own Path
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Would you still walk this path despite knowing the ending might not be the best for everyone you love?"

--- 

• RAMGASIA ERA 137 •

Those were the words he told me. 

Screw him.

After he left Path of Nowhere and caused all the mess, he still has the guts to say these terrible words to me.

I wish I am actually strong enough to punch his face.

 

But, I am not.

He is way too strong. 

In just 10 years, he changed that much.

In just 10 years, he has become a living history. 

 

This is so frustrating. 

In the end, the world will just follow his ways, as if he is the God of this world. 

I wish...

I wish I can still do something before things becoming worse...

 

--- 

"Would you still walk this path despite knowing the ending might not be the best for everyone you love?" he asked.

I was silent.

 

"I will," he said. 

"Goodbye, Bel. Please leave and live a long life, before I accidentally kill you." He said again before he walked away. 

 

--- 

• RAMGASIA ERA 125 •

I am Belfort Pelagius, 16 years-old. I am born into the Pelagius family, which part of the military family in Novaski.

My family is well-known for ice alchemy, firearms & military strategists. All my relatives are in high positions, such as my father, Sarius Pelagius, the Chief General of West Novaski for 5 years. Basically, he will be handling all war-related matters at West Novaski. My father has been managing his work very well, as I heard that he has been expanding West Novaski in the past 3 years, other than defending the territory. My mother, Cindia Naski Pelagius, told me that my father might get a promotion soon. He might become the Chief General of Central Novaski, which in charge of the entire nation's military future plans and management. 

I wish him good luck. But I do not care at all. 

This goes the same for other regions of Novaski. Most of them are heavily involved by our Pelagius family. I should be grateful and feel lucky to be born into this great family, but in fact, I am not. 

I am not interested in wars at all. 

I wish I am not even part of this family at all.

 

--- 

Ramgasia Era 125 - Map

Novaski is one of the strongest nations among the others. If you look at the map, it looks like Novaski is strong.

However, this is the result of more than 100 years of wars. 

Let me brief you through the simple history class of Ramgasia before I tell you further on how pointless this entire war. 

 

--- 

We are living in the world of Ramgasia. Despite currently, our calendar year is already 125 years, Ramgasia exists longer than that. 

Nobody truly knows how long the world has been made, or maybe it is just because our nation does not has enough information regarding this matter. I am pretty sure those people in Hoffenrein Empire know the truth better than us.

 

Based on Novaski's official historical record, the Principality of Novaski is established in the pre-Ramgasia Era 85. The Honored Knight — Maurice Novaski established this nation by bringing all the citizens together. Everyone wanted him to start this nation. The nation was very small back then, compared to the scale we have today. 

Sir Maurice is a peaceful man and his only wish for the nation is to survive and live peacefully.

However, his brother — Macarius Novaski did not think the same as Sir Maurice. As Sir Maurice is a fragile person with a lot of sicknesses, he died early without married and has no children for succession. With that, Sir Macarius is automatically assumed for the succession. Since his succession, Sir Macarius named himself Emperor and began his expansion for the nation. 

Emperor Macarius has been actively conquering small counties that are managed by local tribes and citizens. In short 20 years, Novaski conquered 50 small counties out of the total of 500 counties in Ramgasia. However, that's the end of Emperor Macarius's glory. Novaski lineage has this issue of fragile body and easily exposed to sicknesses. Emperor Macarius passed away shortly after he conquered his 50th county when he was just 41 years old. 

During the years of expanding nations, Emperor Macarius barely had time for his family and children. Hence, when his eldest son, Sir Leonhart Novaski is succeeding him, he has no idea how to manage or expand the country. Lucky enough, Emperor Macarius layout a great foundation by having 10 loyal and capable military families (including the Pelagius family) to assist in managing and expanding the country. With that, Novaski consistently grows over the next 60 years in a more peaceful manner. Some counties voluntarily joined Novaski, as these counties believe under the management of Novaski, the future is promised. In fact, everything is great and well-managed.

Until the Day of Ramgasia on pre-Ramgasia Era 1, everything is not smooth after that. 

Inside Novaski's historical records, it is obvious there is a huge gap and lack of information regarding the Day of Ramgasia. From my observation, I am very sure the government official is trying to hide something. However, no worries about that, my mother told me the untold portion of the story (Yey! I am glad to be part of the military family.) 

Based on my mother's narration, I know she doesn't know the whole story either, but what happened in pre-Ramgasia Era 1 is something as follows. 

 

--- 

• PRE-RAMGASIA ERA 1 •

In pre-Ramgasia Era 1, the Mighty One came to Ramgasia.

Nobody knows who is the Mighty One and where he came from. However, He gathered the leaders of every nation in Ramgasia at Mount Valkaski (previously neutral, currently controlled by Hoffenrein Empire).

At that time, out of 500 counties in Ramgasia, there were a total of 120 nations ruling over these counties. These nations are established for different reasons (race, religion, species, motives, etc.), and at that time, the strongest nation was Hoffenrein Empire. 

Hoffenrein Empire is established by dragon-borne human's elite family — House of Lloria. Their grand leader at that time was Vista Lloria. At that time, Vista is already more than 100 years old. Dragon-borne humans usually can live more than 300 years.

Hoffenrein Empire was a very peaceful nation before the Day of Ramgasia. Vista ruled the nation with compassion. He always makes sure all of his citizens are living a great life. Despite Hofferein Empire has a double standard between dragon-borne humans and others, the citizens in Hoffenrein lived a prosperous life. I will talk about what happened to Hoffenrein after the Day of Ramgasia later. 

As the Mighty One ordered to gather all leaders at Mount Valkaski, Vista helped the Mighty One to inform all leaders to come over to Mount Valkaski. After 1 week when all 120 leaders reached Mount Valkaski, the Mighty One announced that this day will be the "Day of Ramgasia". He sincerely wished for Ramgasia to prosper in the future. At the very next moment, He gifted each leader a "gift" by self-destructing Himself. In that short few minutes, the Mighty One disappeared forever.

Everyone was shocked and do not know what actually happened.

Vista Lloria immediately casted a spell to make a grand announcement to everyone.

"Ladies and gentlemen, leaders of all nations in Ramgasia, good evening. I am Vista Lloria, the head of Hoffenrein Empire," 

"Given this great opportunity, I would like to share my humble knowledge to everyone here,"

"The 'gifts' given by each of you, let's called it the 'Ultima Items', can be used as a resource generator for your nation to prosper. It really depends on how you and your nation want to make use of it."

"I was lucky enough to talk with the Mighty One a bit just now, and know a little deeper about the Ultima Items."

"This is not guaranteed, but when multiple Ultima Items are combined, the energy will synchronize and it will be able to produce a greater power than you can imagine."

"That's all I would like to share with you all, as the leader among leaders."

Vista paused. 

 

"However, as the head of Hoffenrein Empire, I would like to declare and grant each of you and your nation a 3-years grace period." 

"After 3 years, Hoffenrein Empire will march into all nations in Ramgasia and take over your land and Ultima Items." 

Everyone immediately shocked by Vista's words.

Some of them immediately wanted to kill Vista but failed. Those who attempted to kill him, are killed by him in return.

Vista casted a resurrection spell for those he just killed, and said nicely to them, "My apologies for killing you. Please take care of yourself, bring your Ultima Item back to your nation, and make the best use of it."

"Try to grow your nation and yourself in these 3 years, before we meet again." 

 

"Goodbye, ladies and gentlemen. Take care." 

Vista casted a teleportation skill and back to his nation. 

Everyone was speechless. 

 

--- 

Ever since Ramgasia Era year 3, Hoffenrein Empire really began its grand expansion plan. 

In short 10 years, out of 120 nations, 60 smaller nations were conquered by Hoffenrein Empire. It was all easy battles for Hoffenrein Empire.

With this stressful situation, larger nations such as Novaski, Rozhorcenia, Zelena & Bholia began to expand their nations. These nations either had negotiations with the smaller nations, or just purely attack them. 

At the same time, a lot of small nations begin to have unions & republics together just to protect each other, such as Fortasia, Dobrovo & Guzelia. However, in long term, these small nations will still fail to protect each other and get conquered by the stronger nations. 

 

By Ramgasia Era year 30, it only left 50 nations.

By Ramgasia Era year 50, it only left 30 nations.

By Ramgasia Era year 100,  it only left 15 nations. 

And now, Ramgasia Era year 125, it only left 8 "proper" nations. 

 

Throughout these 125 years, nations have been fighting over the territories just to expand their borders, and get more resources. Another reason is that the other nations are fear of Hoffenrein Empire, which makes all of these nations trying to solidify themselves before facing Hoffenrein Empire. 

On another hand, Hoffenrein Empire becomes more violent and aggressive. Not all citizens live a great life in territories under Hoffenrein Empire. Ever since the Day of Ramgasia, Hoffenrein Empire is governed by a system where each county will be ruled by elite races such as elves, dragon-borne humans, lizardmen, as these races have a higher level of intelligence and magical capability. While "lower" level races will be assigned to act as labor workforce. In worst cases, some of the races are entirely eliminated if they did not cooperate with the empire's instructions. 

Hoffenrein Empire is no longer a peaceful nation. Everyone is truly in fear when it comes to Hoffenrein Empire.

 

Most importantly, Hoffenrein Empire has been taking over each nation's Ultima Items. 

 

To summarize current estimated Ultima Items statistics, it is as follows: 

Hoffenrein: 73/120

Novaski: 11/120

Rozhorcenia: 6/120

Zelena: 3/120

Bholia: 8/120

Guzelia: 4/120

Fortasia: 9/120

Dobrovo: 6/120

 

--- 

Knowing all these facts, it just can't help to feel wars are very meaningless and it is never-ending. I personally don't think the war will end soon. Knowing the remaining nations are very resilient toward forces from Hoffenrein Empire, it might take another 50 years to let Hoffenrein Empire conquer the remaining nations.

Moreover, the remaining nations are not as easy as before to be conquered, as the nations themselves are consistently growing. 

All nations are at a stalemate. 

With that being said, I will not join my Pelagius family to continue the legacy of our military family! 

 

I have other siblings and relatives who will pursue that legacy. So yeah! 

Goodbye, my family. I will miss you guys! 

Today is the day, I decided to walk my own path — by leaving my house for an adventure! 

 

-To be continued-

 


Author's notes: 

  1. Hi all, I am orthoria and I am quite new to this, so bear with me if I sound quite bad. I will update inconsistently as I am still not used to writing novels. 
  2. For the first major arc, it will mainly focus on Belfort's adventures, his encounter with Path of Nowhere, and his journey from Ramgasia Era (RE) 125 to RE128. 
  3. There will be a few more major arcs after that: 2nd arc (RE128 - RE131), 3rd arc (RE131 - 136), 4th arc (RE137) and final arc (RE138).
  4. With the above outline, the war among the remaining nations will end on RE138. How will it end? You will have to find it yourself with me! 
  5.  Throughout the novel, I might switch perspectives to other characters to narrate what actually happened in the other nations in the previous time period. I will highlight it and make it obvious for the readers for the switching of perspectives. 

 

Thanks again for your time to read and support Path of Nowhere! 

See you next time. :)

0