Life Changes, Literally | Chapter 1
134 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a destroyed convenience store, a girl hurriedly dodges in a low position as she avoided a swinging large tentacle-like arm, the impact of the attack even damaged the tiled floor and created a 10 inches hole crater in it. The girl then rushes in front and slashed a cleaver knife on the monster's unguarded neck, creating a six inches deep injury, upon pulling the knife, it leaves the monster with a gaping hole in its neck, black blood then splashes like a sprinkling fountain.

Anna slowly unclenched her right hand that was gripping the cleaver knife while her eyes slowly focused on the dead corpse on the littered ground. Her ears were still ringing from the unexpected blow given by the dead creature and her whole body slumped, making her kneel. 

Anna looked at the deformed corpse of the unknown monster just beside her as tears formed in her eyes, her mind failing to comprehend what happened to the world in the short span of a day. 

On July 06, 2058, at exactly 12:00 pm, a giant void appeared in the clear skies of America and covered the whole world for a mere two hours. Anna witnessed the very same occurrence and saw how the world changed.

After the void devoured the skies, it turned the sky into red and radiated a shine of an unexpected color of blue for a few minutes, Anna then witnessed how those hideous monsters rose from the ground to wreak havoc and ate humans. 

Anna heaves deep breaths as her body slowly regained its strength from the unexpected fight. As tears continued to fall from her eyes, her mind became much more clear and rational after the emotional outburst. 

'It's not like I can ask someone a question, because just like me, many didn't know what happened in this damned day!' Anna growled in frustration, her right hand tightened on the grip of the knife once again. 

'I knew it, I should just stay at home and not freaking buy a f*cking frying pan!' If not for her urge to replace her old frying pan, the moment this chaos happened, she could have been in her comfortable space with everything she needed. Too late for regrets now plus who would have known this will suddenly happen?

Anna wiped her tears as she slowly stood up, after the adrenaline rush from fighting the unknown monster, her body became exhausted but not that weak enough that she can only lay down. 

'Thank goodness I had the habit of exercising, who would have known that the fruits of it would suddenly be used in this?' 

Anna slowly creeped out of the store using the back door, after exiting from there, she only had to turn for a street before arriving at where she was living at. 

As she slowly walks out while hiding, the place that was once lively became chaotic. On the road, there were overturned cars burning and some cars were even crushed by an unknown force, the lively chatter of people became screams of despair and help, the whole world seems like a battlefield. On Anna's sight, the road that she can easily walk by as she did in the past became something that she needs to be cautious of while walking today. 

Traces of blood can be seen in every corner of the road, corpses of countless people laid mutilated or half-eaten on it. The nauseous sight came into her view, but Anna who studies human anatomy and watches countless gory scenes live was quite immune to it, but the cruelty and gruesome picture of it was still imprinted on her mind. 

The dizzying smell of burning oil, blood, and fresh corpses lingered on her nose, the black smoke coming from the tall buildings in the city can be easily be seen even in her position. Anna tightened her hands with conviction, I need to go home.

 

 

hehe, just trying to write a tragic and apocalyptic story.

3