Chapter 1
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up and yawned. Every morning was the exact same. Music began playing around 8am, that’s when I got up. I would run downstairs, greet my roommates, and we’d all eat breakfast together. Then, I’d get ready and leave to practice my fighting skills. I didn’t want any change in my daily routine, but you don’t always get what you want, do you? Ding! My phone buzzed in my pocket and I turned it on to see a new notification. Unknown Number: Are you coming to training today, Zero?  Now this was weird. Not only did this person know I had training, but they also knew my name. Yeah, I am. Who is this? ,I typed back quickly. Not important. I’m pretty sure wanting to know who texted me was important. I decided to start my 15 minute drive to training. I hopped in my car and turned on my playlist. I made this drive every day, so why did I feel nervous about it this time? I was constantly checking my rear-view mirrors to see if anyone was following me. Of course, nobody was. I finally got there and my nerves had only multiplied. “Hey, Zero!” ,a familiar voice called out. “Hey, Crash,” I said, swallowing the ever increasing butterflies in my stomach. “What is up with you? You look like you’re about to pass out,” Crash mentioned. Well great, everyone could tell that something was bothering me. I quickly explained the text message in a hushed voice. I didn’t want anyone else to hear me unless the unknown sender was listening. “That is a little wack..,” Crash agreed. A whistle blew and a backpack with a number of tools appeared in front of me. Just like every other day, I took out the axe and the bow. Bow for range, axe for close. ,I repeated in my mind. I had never been good at training and today would only be worse since I couldn’t focus. I could spot someone climbing up a tree to my far left. Bow for range. I pulled back on my bow and shot the first arrow. It whizzed past the person’s ear and landed just to the right of them. The unexpecting person whipped around in the direction the arrow came from, and locked eyes with me. Shoot. The person jumped off the tree and barreled towards me. I wasn’t good at fighting, but I was good at running. I took off in the other direction and headed straight for Crash. “A LITTLE HELP HERE PLEASE?” ,I shouted. Crash giggled a little and sprinted at the person chasing me. I climbed up the nearest tree and lied flat on my back feeling exhausted. I looked down at the little people below me and saw Crash and the unknown person fighting. Crash can take care of them…. He’s a good fighter. My eyelids felt heavy and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

1