Ch 10
381 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was several hours after I had Tamaya clean her ears and her mood had yet to improve. At first I had thought it was just a little indignant pouting, but as her mood endured several of my attempts to improve it, I became worried. The worst thing was I had no idea of what to do. Already it was my good intentions that had upset her so, I did not want to risk worsening the situation just yet. Doubly so since she herself admitted that she was the kind of kid who would not mind running away.

At least not when I had a sure fire way of re-engaging with her.

With this in mind I stop early for dinner and ask Tamaya if she would gather some food for dinner. With the angst of a thousand weeaboos gives a "sure" and heads off to the forest. I loosely tie the horses to a nearby tree, and unlimber the cannon from the caisson. I go to double check if the cannister shot that appeared days ago was still there. I open the box and find a second round. I know something is afoot, I am certainly not this bad at finding things! No really. 

I glare at the box as I descend from the caisson, I will keep my eyes peeled for any shenanigans that box will try to pull.

With that said it was a simple matter to prepare the fire for cooking. After which I have some time until Tamaya gets back. I look at the cartridge box at my side, originally it held 40 rounds for the Henry Rifle. I had shot 3 at the tree bear and another 15 with Tamaya yesterday, this should mean that there are 22 left. I counted the rounds and then counted again, both times I counted 29. I burry my head into my hands. "You've got to be kidding me." 

Not long after, Tamaya returns with an armful of what will become dinner. Everything goes into the pot to be boiled, vegetables, mushrooms, and roots. As we wait for the soup to finish cooking I decide to drum up some excitement for the promised cannon demonstration.

"Tamaya, remember after dinner I am going to show you the cannon fire." 

I see Tamaya roll her eyes, I did not expect it to go over that poorly. 

"That's fine, let me know if you still want to do it."

Tamaya turns and stairs at me in confusion. 

"What do you mean?"

"It's ok if you are scared of the cannon, I under stand. It is a really loud and powerful gun, it's only natural to be scared." At this point I am purposely being condescending for the dual purpose of getting Tamaya motivated and because her dramatic reactions are adorable. 

"I am NOT scared! And also you PROMISED to show me! P R O M I S E D!" Tamaya's clearly getting upset at my teasing now.

"Ok, you will have to wait until after dinner though." I smile to myself, even though I had angered Tamaya, she was out of her down mood. 

While I am not paying attention Tamaya takes the soup off and partitions it, handing me my bowl. I mutter a "Thank you." as I take it. As I go to take my first bite I realize that the 'soup' is not even warm. The 'soup' is most certainly not even close to ready. I look over to Tamaya who is shoveling the lukewarm leaf water down her throat like there is no tomorrow. I try a sip and the soup tastes like sadness. 

I put the pot back on the fire to actually cook just as Tamaya finishes her bowl.

"Done! I am done with my dinner. Let's go shoot the cannon!" Tamaya tries to drag me towards the gun. 

"No, that was not dinner. You barely ate, as a matter of fact I know you took the soup off early just so that you would not have to wait so long." I try scolding Tamaya but her grin only grows.

"Fine, well I am stuffed. So while we are waiting for YOUR dinner to finish, and because I have already eaten MY dinner, will you fulfill your promise to me?" Tamaya says with the smuggest grin I have ever seen.

I may not like it but my original intention to lift Tamaya's spirits had probably resulted in the current mischief. Although from another perspective, I had accomplished lifting Tamaya's mood. 

With all that has happened today giving in to this small demand was probably for the best.

 


This took me much longer to write than I had planned. I don't really have much to say today. But I would like to know what you guys think about Tamaya and see if there is anything I can improve or do more of. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. ~Hatt

What do you all think of Tamaya?
  • I love that adorable bag of fleas Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Tamaya is pretty cool Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Who's Tamaya? Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I do not like Tamaya as she is currently written. Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Tamaya is so bad that you should go back and completely rewrite the last few chapters Votes: 1 3.8%
Total voters: 26
8