Ch 15 Dream
452 10 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before falling asleep I took extra safety measures. In addition to not starting a fire, Tamaya and I traveled off the slaver's tracks as to mitigate against being found by anyone who would be following them. I propped my self up against a tree and laid my gun on my lap to be accessible in case of emergency. Checking the sleeping Tamaya once more I let myself fall asleep.

 

I found my self below a field of stars. The night shrouded the surrounding landscape. Behind me I could hear some one singing an old Civil War song. 

I turn around and was barely able to make out the outline of a hey stack twice my height. 

The singing stops, "Ah... You there, come join me. No need to sleep on the ground, there is space enough for a whole company on this here haybale."

"Where are we?" I ask. 

"Maryland, and down the hill over there is Sharpsburg. You can't quite see it but that is where the grey backs are." He points over my shoulder. "No sense fretting over it, you'll see your own action tomorrow."

"What do you mean? Why am I here? What is..."

He interrupts, "Now there, I can only answer one question at a time. As for what I mean? Well you're the one on a man hunt. Getting awful close I recon." The man leans back into the hay, "Right now, you should probably get some rest. No sense in staying up for nothing." 

"But how will I get back?" I ask.

"Relax, leave it all to me." Because of the night I could not make out his expression. The man lounged in the hay stack as if it were a a comfortable reclining chair. "Take it from this old soldier, take the sleep when you can get it."

"No really I need to get back as soon as possible. Without me Tamaya is in a lot of trouble." 

"Well Miss I think you should reconsider. It is a dangerous world and I am offering to help you, I good faith I may add." 

I cut him off, "Tell me how to get back. Now."

"Hey, hey no need to get angry. But if you must go, let me offer this one piece of advice. Shoot to kill."

With those words still ringing in my ears I awoke with a start. The rifle which was on my lap had fallen off onto the ground by my side. I could see the first red rays of light filtering through the canopy. I began to prepare for the day ahead.

 

Announcement
Miss me? I came down with a serious case of writers block and procrastination. Sorry for the short chapter because of it. I will try to dedicate more time to writing and build good habits. Thank you for reading, let me know what you guys think I read every comment.

 

14