10 – Konoha is weak !?
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was sitting on a tree branch, voluntarily skipping classes. The reason being quite simple : he was bored out of him mind as he was not learning anything useful, especially when compared to his clan training. Yahiro wasn't really paying attention around him, he made a sphere out of Chakra and was manipulating it to make it more oval slowly.

"Hoy ! Yahiro !" (Minato)

He stopped focusing on his time waster to look down. He instantly recognized the face of Minato, the Yondaime, who was waving at him while smiling, he was accompanied by a Jonin with sunglasses and brown hair who seemed like the type of self-righteous prick ready to chastise him for skipping class while being already capable of graduating. Yahiro let the Chakra shape disappear and began listening to what they had to say.

"You aren't in class ?" (Minato)
"No way."
"Weird, Anori made sure to not teach you what was in the curriculum." (Minato)
"Truthfully, Iruka still teach the Sarutobi Curriculum. It's pointless, boring and uninteresting. Learning Jutsu so basic that kindergartner can learn them in two month is quite a waste of three good years."
"Sassy brat !" (???)

He looked at the Jonin that just spoke and finally managed to put a name to his face, a Tokubetsu Jonin whose sole job was being the instructor of the new Chunins and was a little to insistent on following the rules. Yahiro simply answered with an ironic and provoking smile.

"The Sarutobi Curriculum ? What is so wrong with this one ?" (Minato)
"Minato-sama, with all due respect, your predecessor was a dunce. Children that are five years old from Kiri would put our Genins in pieces. The only saving grace in the clan class is the clan training of the aspirants."
"How dare you !? You didn't even graduated !" (Ebisu)

Yahiro made his mask of calmness fall for the first time and glared at Ebisu with all contempt that could be had, his eyes losing once more their round shape. Ebisu gulped loudly when he suddenly understood that the child would not hesitate to utterly defeat him to prove his point. Minato had a nervous laugh when he saw the fight that was about to break out.

"Anyway, Yahiro, I'll speak to Iruka so that he'll follow the new curriculum, which he should have at the beginning of the year." (Minato)
"Great, I can't wait !"

He mellowed and put his poker face back, Ebisu still shaken by all the contempt he took point blank. Yahiro jumped from the tree to get down when Minato asked him to and the Tokubetsu Jonin was awed by the ability to make this unruly child obey. Or that was the most plausible hypothesis.

He followed Minato to the academy and a commotion began to form when they saw the Hokage, some looking at what the Leader of the town and all Shinobis wanted.

"Iruka ? I learned you were still teaching the old curriculum." (Minato)
"Yes. Is there an issue ?" (Iruka)
"Well, while I know that you harbor a lot of respect for Hiruzen, you should still take into account the fact that your students are bored out of their mind. I'm willing to bet that only the weakest clan and the civilians follow the lessons while all the others are not paying any attention at all." (Minato)
"But I... Hokage-sama, your curriculum is way to full of subject, they will not be able to assimilate everything !" (Iruka)
"Iruka-sensei, what is the better way : We all graduate and the great majority of us will be killed on our first C-rank mission or some of us don't graduate but only a few die in mission ?"

Iruka looked at Yahiro, unnerved by his gaze and his question. He began stuttering and frowned, taking his bravado for an uncalled provocation, while the children began looking at each other anxiously.

"There should be a limit to your insolence !" (Ebisu)
"You are quite right Ebisu-sensei, you insolence should have a limit. You put Konoha in grave danger. Our mid-genin are about as strong as aspirant in every other hidden village. Meaning our Chunin are at Genin level everywhere else. You want peace ? Great, now we risk war thanks to our weakness. Congratulation. Our savings graces lies in Minato-sama, the Hyuga clan, the Uchiha Clan and our Jinchuriki."
"Wh..." (Ebisu)
"Go ahead, put my affirmation in question if you so pleases, however before daring to open the box of nonsense that you dare call a mouth go read the spying report of Anori Anteiryoku. You'll be quite surprised."

Yahiro looked at Ebisu put up his glasses to try and flee the inquisitive gaze of the child. Before stopping to try and answer. Apparently his attitude was enough to discourage the Tokubetsu Jonin to further speak up. That was good. Iruka then capitulated and announced that he'll augment the intensity of the classes. The students went home, and Ebisu left as well rattled because of the boy. Yahiro sighed, relieved that everything went as planned.

"Does Anori really possesses information about potential wars ?" (Minato)
"Dunno, that was a bluff. While I do know that Otou-sama work regularly for Ibiki-sama, I do not know of their content. Politics however are easy to understand, I just had to exaggerate the reality a little."
"Do you want the curriculum ? I do know that your Clan training are harsh so that way you could come the days where you lack the subject learned." (Minato)
"Yes, thanks."
"Iruka, can you tell what you are gonna learn tomorrow ? Yahiro here is actually quite weak to his chakra unbalance, so that way he can learn nor too much, nor not enough compared to his training." (Minato)
"Hum.... Body Flicker and PE, the theory behind Kawarimi in the afternoon, next I'll see depending on the curriculum." (Iruka)

Yahiro smiled to Iruka who scratched the back of his head, no doubt surprised that his student was showing some affection to him. He should really stopped wearing that mask of self-confidence and indifference otherwise everyone will think that he is cold.

He said goodbye to Minato and Iruka before leaving the classroom. Going home while being pensive. He would have to adjust his training from days to days and he would have to speak to his Father so that he would not go too far. Anori would understand. He looked in front of him, seeing that he was already home, and smiled knowing that he would have all the week-end to train.

Minato didn't know if theses reports existed because of two reasons :

1 - he is drowned under the paperwork

2 - Ibiki's report are not necessarily given the day they are received as they must be confirmed by a second (at least) source before ending in front of the Hokage.

2