12 – For a Friend
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was walking with Sasuke and Sakura to the academy. The holidays were coming ever closer, the first year ending slowly, allowing him to train so much more. There was no doubt in his mind that the Namikaze curriculum was just way better than the one Hiruzen put forth, and all other student managed to follow the new rhythm. Iruka often did some surprise PE class or exercise, like the time he asked everyone to learn Kenjutsu from Irina who accepted shyly to explain the basics to everyone and Naruto was asked to explain the principle of Fuinjutsu to gain time for the next year.

Yahiro got back to class after being absent for two days and he admitted in his mind that he would gladly miss more so that he could get used to the accrued Chakra sense, when someone was using Chakra it now rang a bell in his mind, metaphorically of course as it was a mental image that was personal to everyone. Not meaning it wasn't disturbing. Their eyes were always, passively, warning them when Chakra was used despite not knowing the nature or form of the technique.

He was always trying to ignore the phenomenon since, until he needed to act that is. He was looking around without really paying attention at what was happening. Suddenly, Sakura stopped and frowned while looking in a precise direction, Sasuka asked her what was happening then looked at what she was looking. Yahiro already set his sight on two peoples.

The first was Irina that was begging for forgiveness while the other was wearing clothes of good quality that were red and light blue, dark eyes, black hair in a bun, the same that Nobles were wearing. He had some expression wrinkles but he still seemed young, he was probably around forty. He was gripping her by the wrist while shaking her.

"Stop apologizing you useless wretch, you shoved me and soiled me ! I demand amends !" (RN)
"I don't have anything, let go you are hurting me !" (Irina)
"Silence !!" (RN)

Yahiro frowned. Nobody was intervening and that was understandable. He was a Noble, she was an aspiring Shinobi with no backing. Nobody would help unless someone acted. The proof was that the Uchihas were doing as if nothing was happening. Very few really wanted to act against a Noble because of the political fall out. Especially when, like now, it wasn't a Shinobi case. But if one were to act, the Noble would have no other choice than relent.

It was simple, a Shinobi would decide of the life or death of the Noble's family, by his actions or inaction. Except Irina had no backing at all, she wasn't from a Shinobi clan nor was she supported by one officially. Hence, nobody would act in theory. The Noble was about to hit Irina when Akita intervened and the one held changed from Irina to Akita, but it would actually change nothing, Akita didn't have more backing than Irina. His rage began rising, his eyes taking a form more and more reptilian, all this was happening because the majority of the Shinobis became wimps since Sarutobi's nomination as third Hokage. The Shinobis could kill all Nobles without getting caught if they wanted. He had no care that he would be used as a tool when he would become a Shinobi, selling his life and honor to his country, but being thrown like some trash... that was going way too far, you take great care of your tools. A fine line between a tool and an object that very few really get.

What was pissing him off even more was that everyone was almost worshiping Hiruzen who abandoned an entire part of politics, fleeing the conflict every time it appeared, causing weakness massively in the town, of its weight, of its political standpoint, of its internal and external politics. Complete ignorance or foolishness, he couldn't tell. However Hiruzen have an harming excessive pacifism.

Good. It was now time to act with efficiency and sagacity.

Sakura and Sasuke were getting ready to act to help their friends. Yahiro just flickered while drawing a Tanto hidden because the sheath was against his calf. He saw the guard beginning to slowly draw his blade, but Yahiro simply put his blade against the throat of the Noble, casually showing the guard a medallion with an black and white Agathe in the shape of a Yin-Yang while a dragon was inscribed at the separation of the colors.

"Let him go, you hold no authority nor right to do that here."
"Impertinent !" (RN)

The guard did not act when he saw the clan symbol, waiting to see what Yahiro would do. The Noble however let Akita go to try and injure Yahiro by thrusting at his thigh. Yahiro did not slash the throat of this imbecilic Noble and simply stepped back. He smile a little when the Noble took the kick that was destined to his face, he did not simply hit as he also basically pushed the head of the Noble in the pavement, helped by his Chakra. The Noble rolled a little, for a little more than a meter before standing back up while scowling at Yahiro.

"Guard ! Get this arrogant bastard !" (RN)
"No. He showed the insignia of a clan and as I don't know this one I'll not risk the skin of my family for your pride." (RG)

Yahiro kept his sight on the Noble, ignoring royally the guard, after all it was just a grunt so not a real danger.

"Wh-Why !? You coward !" (RN)
"No. They are Shinobis. If I do not have the information about his clan there are two possibilities, either it's a new one or it's an ancient one. The first case is no that problematic, the other however is alarming as we have noted all prominent clans in case something like this happen." (RG)
"Tch. I'll remember that you brat !" (RN)

The Noble clicked his tongue before forfeiting and leaving the place. Akita mumbled, pouted while vaguely saying thanks and Yahiro gave him a hand to help him back up, after having put his insignia back in his pocket.

"I could have managed this one alone." (Akita)
"Sure, but you would have caused issues."
"Yeah... why didn't you slit his throat ?" (Akita)
"Waste of time, this was simpler and faster. Less Chakra usage than running after him."

Akita scratched the back of his head before looking at Irina who was surrounded by Sakura and Sasuke. Yahiro suggested go to the academy before they end up late while he stayed behind. threatening a Noble was no harmless act. He stayed behind to take to blame for his friend as they aren't ready to be subjected to an interrogation where he could thanks to his poker face... well he was also calm inside as the real instigator of the event was the Noble.

2