15 – The game Turnabout
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He knew where everyone that was participating was. Ino and Kiba were regrouping with Sasuke and Sakura. Akita was trying to join Naruto and Hinata, but was quite far from that group. Irina was alone, but was progressing carefully. Shikamaru was behind him to cloud gaze. Choji was alone in his corner, obviously not participating. He had thus to prevent Kiba and Ino to join Sasuke and Sakura. As much as he knew that he had to prevent the group up, the duo Sasuke and Sakura was still quite the dangerous one, even without Kiba and Ino to help them.

Yahiro took the decision to act up now. He opened his eyes before moving to his first victims : Sakura and Sasuke. He reached their position from the roofs, then dropped down behind the Uchiha who turned to face him where Sakura already acted to high kick him, having predicted that chain of actions he simply grabbed the ankle of the girl before projecting her onto her boyfriend making them fall down. Yahiro then used their quite unfortunate position to bind them together before attaching them mid-air to the nearest building. Their position and the way the knot were made preventing them to undo their binds.

"Two down."
"Yahiro ! You bastard !" (Sasuke)
"I love you too, Sasuke. See you later."

He left them while smiling, searching for a safe place to check the positions of the others. Kiba and Ino changed course to group up with Irina. However he now had to put Naruto and Hinata out of commission to prevent an alliance with Akita, he then would have more than enough time to get Irina, Ino and Kiba. So he took the direction of Naruto and Hinata who were searching for him in the different alleys. Hinata would see him coming from a mile with her Byakugan regardless of his position. Of course continuous usage of it was taxing, so she relied on the sensor instinct of Naruto to know when to use it to pinpoint their target, especially now that Naruto was better at sensing : perceiving at an entire district of distance.

Yahiro wasn't worried though. He had the perfect technique to counter a dangerous group with an insane sensor synergy, despite the fact that said technique wasn't yet battle ready and would not fool a sensor with enough experience, it was however more than enough to avoid being detected by Naruto who still lacked the experience. The idea came up after hearing Naruto speak tirelessly about his so called 'Kakuremino'1shadow cloak/invisibility cloak. He still could not be invisible, but he already found the way to hide his Chakra by making it look like the Nature energy that was surrounding him, it was still rough around the edges but still enough against Naruto. Ironically enough, the one to give him the idea would also be the first to be at its business end.

He sneaked to them while manipulating his Chakra, waiting for them at the intersection of an alley so that when Hinata would see him he would be quite literally next to them. As she needed to activate her Dojutsu2eye technique to see through walls, she would only see him when they would be at the ambush point. They got closer and he heard Hinata admitting to let Yahiro go as to save energy for the situation reversal. They then reached the ambush point...

Yahiro jumped them and Hinata was bewildered, while Naruto was flabbergasted but still on a defensive position. Hinata was agile while Naruto was resistant, as such she was the biggest threat. Yahiro thus flickered behind her before chopping lightly her neck making her lose consciousness. Naruto, already recovered from his shock, was punching at him, Yahiro parried by placing his arms on the way but was still thrown back against a wall. He then put his hand high on the wall and used his Chakra to partially climb it, avoiding the next punch of Naruto that hit the wall.

Yahiro knew that fighting the Jinchuriki wasn't the smartest of his plans, but with Akita and Kiba together with him it would have been a real pain in the bum. As such, he had to act fast as to prevent that. Naruto tried to reach for his ankle and so Yahiro jumped from the wall to dodge the grab, creating a Chakra string connected to the ground and using it to get down faster, taking a stance and punching Naruto, who turned to face him, in the gut after having feigned to punch him in the face as to bait the defense there. Knocking him out cold.

Yahiro then took the direction of Kiba, Ino and Irina. Fighting instinctual fighter was absurdly difficult as they were more often than not feeling from where the danger was coming and if for Naruto it wasn't yet at this point, Kiba was another story entirely as he knew both how to trust his bestial instinct and how to react to unseen attacks. This was without mentioning the fact that they regrouped with Irina who was a genius in Kenjutsu3Sword techniques. He had to admit, he could only face her through his superior strength and reflexes.

They were speaking casually while strolling through the street, or they were acting as if they were casual as Kiba was tense, thus showing that he already knew that Yahiro was close by. Yahiro changed plan once more and simply got out of hiding to get closer to them.

"I thought he would try be sneak on us." (Ino)
"That was a good start, thinking I mean. I improvise as the events unfold and trying to sneak up on Kiba with my current skills are quite optimistic, if not downright foolish. By the way, counting you there is only four student left."

His comment had the desired effect, Kiba put up his defenses and seemed almost fearful. Which was the drawback of having an absurdly good instinct, you become impressionable.

"Kiba-san ! Regroup with Akita-kun, Ino-chan and I will try to hold him back. Akita-kun faced him for an entire year, he has to have a plan against Yahiro !"

Yahiro saw Kiba show his back to flee and he tried to flicker to him as to prevent their plan. He was however immediately stopped by Irina, ready to draw her blade, which she did right after. Since when did she have a Body Flicker as fast as his ? He drew his blade right on time to deflect the hers and took some steps back to dodge the shurikens of Ino. He feigned a rush to Ino and Irina flickered between them. He smiled while parrying her blade and let a Raiton4thunder/electric release, can also be used to speak about the electric element attributed Chakra course through his blade to her. She let a cry of surprise and pain out, and he took advantage of her light numbness to hit her with the handle of his sword in the gut, knocking the breath out of her lung before lightly chopping her neck when he was getting behind her. Knocking her out. He then put his sight on Ino.

"Parley." (Ino)
"But I refuse !"5'Okotowari shimasu' as he is polite, but yes : this is a jojo reference

He smiled while humming, he had to admit : going from one plan to another, improvising some, was amusing. He moved quickly and knocked her out by, you guessed it, a light karate chop on the neck. He then took the direction that Kiba took to group up with Akita. They regrouped and obviously had chosen the academy for the showdown as they were going to it. He decided to get there first and hid in the tree next to the entrance.

"I swear, I managed to understand vaguely what was happening through the smell, and it was downright terrifying." (Kiba)
"He has a way to know exactly where we are and where we go, this is why he can appear wherever he want. It's like fighting a shadow. And I may be wrong, but you're already here aren't you ?" (Akita)
"You are quite right. How did you plan to fight me, you two ?"
"Well, let's just say that everything is according to my plan.6keikaku doori" (Akita)

He amusingly smile while showing the explosive seal that Akita planted earlier which was beginning to activate before throwing it at them. The both of them jumped out of the radius at the last second. Yahiro moved to cross the space in between him and his opponents, and Akita used his kunai to counter him, slashing his shoulder which cause Yahiro to become a simple water puddle.

He smile from the other side of the fence, behind which he hid since before this fight. He manipulated the water left by his clone, still bearing his Chakra and did Suiton : Suirô no Jutsu7Water Release : Water Prison catching the both of them with it. He then got out of his hideout and looked at Akita while smiling.

"Looks like I won the game."

He was satisfied and hid his tiredness, he dispelled his two jutsus to free his classmates and saw Iruka come closer to congratulate him. The others were coming back one after the other as they were regaining consciousness, a little sheepish as they were outdone by a single opponent.

Meanwhile, somewhere else. Itachi looked at his brother, bound to his girlfriend with a puzzled look. Anori next to him to discuss a possible hiring under Ibiki's orders, couldn't stop his laughter as he knew very well who was the responsible.

"Sasuke... what are you doing exactly ?" (Itachi)
"Iruka setup an exercise which was to catch the son of Anori-san... I failed despite having all odds in my favor... I suck..." (Sasuke)
"I'm not even sure I could avoid him, so don't be so down." (Itachi)

He smiled reassuringly at his brother before freeing him and watching him and Sakura go to the academy. He then turned back to the Anteiryoku.

"Ibiki don't hire in his unit though ?" (Itachi)
"But he does, in the internal security, I'll explain it to you as it's quite new. Follow me to the compound." (Anori)

Itachi hesitated for a short instant before nodding and following Anori to the Anteiryoku compound.

2