Chapter 00: Unfortunate Son
57 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello... it's me 555... i hope you like my first novel i created. My english was so so... I'm not native speaker. I write it my self, i check it my self. 

Please don't be mean to me! ?



-[Corrupted Grimoire]-


Chapter 00: Unfortunate Son.

In sunny day, one hour has passed since the sun hovering over the clear sky. There is two opposing power that now clashed each other seeking for supremacy. The battle broke at the noman's land(DMZ/Demilitarized Zone), is the border between the two quarreling nations. 

My name is Leone Wise, 27yrs old. Ah... There is no time for detail explain explain about me for now, nextime i will. Because the now me got stuck in this damned warzone. I got drafted or Conscripted by local government where i serve. 

Our fighting force mostly was conscripted peasant and slaves. leaded by the senior landlord knights. Supported with platoons of regular archers. conscript is still a conscript. Weak, indiscipline, not well trained just like the regular knights. 

Quality? Well...about the quality of our conscription forces... I can say it was 6/10, crude items is the main points. They issued us with cheap equipment. but some Ehem!Hem... 'fortunate' guy got something good in their hands, they was issued with surplus weapon from the land lord knights armory. Bright and clear as glass they got something better than the most of us. But my instincts as ex-soldier smells something fishy.

"Did the enemy is out off arrows or what!?"

Some random guy from our side suddenly ask random questions, and another random guy gave a respond

"I don't know, i can not see the front anyway. But yes... The rain is now stopped, good things right?"

Yes, that was true. I also can't see was is goings-on at the front, my vision was blocked by crowds of people. This damn shield that reeks like muddy soils is so gross. I use it for temporary refugee from the rain of enemy arrows. for god sake! I'm getting tired crouching under my wooden round shield.

"Swordsman! Advance!!"

The sound is from afar, i guess It was the Enemy leader. he was ordering his troops to push forward. Whew~ it started! Now get up, weapons ready i guess.

*Crack...Crack*

It was sound of arrows that got snapped by me. Only two swipe with my iron sword, arrows that got stuck on the surface of my shield is no more. Not completely, but at least it will not get in my way. And i say...

"this will do, alright let's wait until new orders"

I'm was positioned at the back line, sounds like a cowards right? but please...don't talk about shame and shit. in war... anything for survive is my principe. I'm a rear guard troops this time. My role is to protect the rear, and keep watch for any possible enemy whom might try to snuck from the flanks. Here i tell you, that the frontliners main job is to get skewed by lance or get trampled by the horses you know. So they got issued with better equipments is also for that purposes. A durable meat shield!

"Here it comes, enemy rush! spearhead formations !!"
"lance troops! Combat ready!!"
"shield! heavy shield on the front! hold your fucking ground!!"

*Sound off war drum intensifies*

Orders by orders was given by our platoon leaders and knights captain. this battle gonna be nasty. Imagine... Seeing your body parts get sliced, your head is diced, stabbed, pierced, or seeing your enemy face use their blades or blunt weapons in real time vision with HD gorey scene into your most painful way of death. 

It's better didn't see your enemy then you suddenly got wounded by bullets, arrows, or sharpnels, Instant death by Headshot or explosion is sounds bearable and more reassuring. Foolish me... Why i think something that will make my own self get nervous and unmotivated. I will do what i can and survive once again this time.

"If we win this battle, i will be released from the slavery and gain citizenship of this country"
"Heheh, dream on... or are you just run away from hard labor?"
"shut up, you are noisy. this is the fastest way to gain my citizenship"
"Right right, just don't die will you!? you owe me one gold coins drunkard"

I heard two guy on my left side is talking about slavery and debt. It's make me remember a fact that... i'm also a slaves. Just normal slaves owned by the government, it's far different from war slaves, criminal slaves, or even debt slaves, but slaves will not get any government benefits just like their ordinary citizens except you pay for it. We normal slaves still get minimum paid and slaves shelter provided by government, but we will put to work until certain amount of time from our contracts. There is also slaves rights to keep us away from being abused. I will explain the detail later on. I need to focus right now.

"i will use my reward to buy new farming tools"
"How lucky to be commoners, i jealous... Meanwhile when i'm free, i still need to work my ass to the bone in this country"
"Uuuuhhh... if we win. i'm gonna marry my girlfriend"
"".................................""
"what just he said?"
"Pooor guy last wish huh..."
"whoaaa~ i see a dead guy talking"

Most of us including me was speechless and staring at him with 'wtf,really?,Hell no, OMG', some other guy gave their spontaneous remarks. this young man who get the most attention was on my right side. he confused what is going on, he really has pure soul. This virgin really helpless...

"W-what!? Just look at me, i'm gonna live and prove it!"

Ahhh~ a youth. I Bet he never see bitter truth and sour reali- No... Cruel reality of loving somebody. Well... Not my business and wish you luck with your life out here. My own wish huh... I say.

"Then for me, i will decide after we win... just stay alive everyone. i will treat you all a big barrels of icy beers only for survivors"
"R-Realy!?"
"Prove it! or will add more crack on your nasty ass"
"I MUST LIVE! I WILL LIVE!!"
""UOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!""
"URAAAAAAA! FOR FREE COLD ICY BEERS!!"
"BARBEQUE! PLEASE INCLUDE BARBEQUE!!"

Whoa!? what a fiery response just because of a beers. Well well...doesn't matters, i'm glad everyone get their morale up. What a simp, make a loud sound with just only big barrels of cold icy beers... Hahahahaha! Right right i understand. For us lowly peasant and slaves. A good and tasty cold beers is considered luxury in life.


********


"looks like our archers was completely destroyed"

He is right, we march pass the dead body of our archer troops. i pray for peace in your soul dear fallen comrades. More and more fallen comrade we found.  Everyone shut their foolish mouth, the air feels heavy.

*Ching. Crink. Ching. Crink*

Sound of the metals and sound of the footsteps as our marching background.

*tap. tap. shrek..shrek*


Everyone was put in deep silence after more ugly corpse and more bloody corpses was seen laying on the ground as we march forward reinforcing the front lines. The scenes really succeed in escalating the tensions. As the living, our instincts said... Death is coming.

"Uoooo, resist... free cold beers. i will not die, my free cold beers. My lovely beers"
"for god sake, focus"

Some guy on my back side is talking about beers. he try to ease his mind. he was nervous i bet. but that didn't works for another guy beside him, it's only make him got irritated and more nervous.

"Coooooooooold... Beeeeeeeers. Free cold beers." 
"SHUT. THE. FUCK, UP."

Our archers was obliterated, the enemy have more veteran archers i think. they are is the woodland elves. I could tell by how accurate and the trace of spirits magic from how the victim is killed. 

Most of the victim is killed by headshot or got hit in the chest piercing the metal breastplate that protecting the hearts. How can if just mere arrows that is not launched by siege weapons like 'Balista' can penetrate the metal plate and chainmail that was inside? 

The answer is the usages of spirits magic to buff the arrows. Our number is roughly 7 to 10 compared to the enemy forces. I heard an intel from our drunk platoon leaders last night. The enemy composition is mostly regular knights, veteran archers, and their main strike force is the cavalries(knights raiders, mounted on top of the war horses). there was also rumors, a group of mercenaries also added in the enemy troops. no magician in this battle. but we need to be wary of any possibilities. Magician is very dangerous in any war they say. i can imagine a magician is a living artilleries. high fire powers, not pinpoint accurate but it has deadly A.O.E(Area Of Effect), long range, but they are so weak in close combats.

*sound of battle raging*

It's near... i see a man at my side is drenched in sweat, her hand bit trembled. But we all keep on forward, march order. 
*sound of cavalry trumpet*
*Explosion*

Human scream, people falling and then kick the bucket, metal classing each others. i see a spears was flying over the horizon. Huge Warhammer lay down on the ground. Some broken shield and sword. Ohh! someone got swatted by axe right between his eyes! I-is  that mini crossbow!? Ahh... smokes and dust. my time to face my enemy soon will come. 

"Hiaaaaaaaaa!!"
"For my fredooom!"
"Cold beeeeerrrrs!!"
"Jeanette i love youu!!!"
"Fuck with your beeers! Atttttaaaaaaaack!"


These bunch of clowns in my front start to yell and scream. Scramble like hornets, rush forward. one by one meet their opponents, me just following behind try not get trampled by my own comrade from the back. Ah, Some random guy run to face me... This is it, you or i who will die first!? Down and dirty. Nothing personal mate. Second before my sword met his sword i said.

"Huuuumm... if i survive i will life my life to the fullest. I'm tired labeled as unfortunate son. I'm sick being poor."

0