Chapter 02: Death Match
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"But first... who is your name?"

"Is that important!? and do i look care about something like that?"

"Dealing with peasant is sure troubling. Don't you know any knights code or sword ethic?"

"No... What is this ethic again!? For me it's just another murder"

"Shame on you, are you live under the rock or something? This is different... It's a way of respect for your opponent. Or you're live in cave and raised by bear or something?"

Yeah yeah... you know it's just another murder like i just said. Shit will forever be a shit, even you add perfume then wrap it tight with something extravagant. Pay respects for your victim huh? Don't make me laugh. Well... I know even though we are not wrong, avoiding useless argument also a good things.

"Mehh. . . But..."

I advert my eyes sideways. Actually, i was born in the worlds of A.I and machine. but damn... even in classic RPG games with the middle ages setting, i often skip the conversation and story. then now i regretted that i never read or put any attentions in that. Let's just get along, now think a name...

"Silence? So you are really live inside a cave all this time then"

"Imp... call me Imp"

She look at my face and show her best 'i can see all your lies' expression on me ( ^_^)

"do you think i'm a fools!? that is just an alias is it."

"....."

"no response? I will take it as an correct answer then"

I guess she was born from the noble family, Peasant do not care about etiquette and shit because that thing will not make their tummy filled with food and money, all they care is to survive another days. There also some evidence that made me was sure of it. The strongest clue is that the fact there was a group of armored guy, they actively protecting her flanks. Intercepting any backup coming for helping me, but they are not even dare to bother both of us either. I see all of them are skilled warriors, a veteran of wars.

"You see, this is my conscription ID plates. You can see my real name when you defeat me"

"Alright. Umm... Mister Imp?" 

"Imp is enough... I'm not that old anyway"

"Understood"

She brand her sword and perform swords tricks then do a sword salute. Just like from the TV show back in my old worlds. The only difference was, the real deal is now perform that action right in front of me. COOOL MOVES!.

"I'm Tania Schmeisser from Saxony, I invite you into a fair and square duel to death."

Whoaaaaaaa! She is now in another level, so bright... What do i do!? Do i just needed to copy her as well? Okay... let's do some cool knife tricks and show off my cool side to her. 

You see.. there is a place and time to show off, just like this moments. I'm all set with knife fighting stance as my closing performance. I hold my knife upward with my right hand and left hand at the front ready to punch or grab. 

"That really was something, but wait! Are you really gonna face me just like that? If you want, i will give you a chance to take that sword over there"

Not cool... Did she just interrupting me!? Ahhh... She really annoying.

"Nah, i decline... This is the way i fight actually, and you ruin my mood just now. Can i continue?"

"Ahh...Umm. My apologize"

Her face is red as her hair... ah forget it. I just need to redo my moves... This is weird and awakward. Lucky i found a good knife. This kind of knife that now i hold as a weapon, is called a 'Bowie' back in my old world. This boy is still in the knife family. It's just a knife that thicker, bigger, and longer, than other knifes we know. It's a battle knife, designed specifically only for battle. It's more durable and reliable. Let's continue from where i left...

"Imp... I accepted your death match invitation. Fair and square."

Now we face to face each other. 

"Ummm... Imp, will give you a chance to mend your wounds"

Ah, this time was good idea. I will take your proposal.

"Sure, it won't take long. Thank you for being considerate"

I dropped and kicking aside my shity helmet. Because after i lost my left eye, that thing only became a distraction. Contribute a lot on jamming my accuracy in this tattered body.

I'm Pulling out an old royal blue colored cloth from my pocket. I wrap it around my head, covering my lost left eye. This cloth is my precious memento from my old worlds. 

Breathe in and breathe out to calm my mind, then I chew and gulped some of my hand made stamina pills. I took it from my mess pouch, it's an insurance. I hope it will increase my survival chance even more. my eye keep focusing on her, i will not let any mistake again this time. 

"Done?"

"Yes, i'm done now"

She stand like knight statue in the front of me, she keep observing every move i made. Why she advert her eyes everytime i look straight into her blue eyes. Her breathing was calm like it's just walk in the park, no sweat at all. She sure get used to this, she really have a monstrous stamina. She put a sweet womanly smile then close her helmet visor.

*clack*

Uhhhh....ladies first? 

"......."

"......."

*Sound of the battle as our background music*

What is this!? time stop... Arghhh, first strike is a win! ATTACK!!!

"Here i come!"

I made the first move. Pressing forward, and the distance between us is closing fast. She keep observing me... She was cautious because i bet she never see this kind of fighting style before. She really on her guards, she must be preparing to counter. I must do extra works here, feint and attack from the flanks put her into CQC(Close Quarter Combat)... The only advantage i have is agility and speed. She got the attack radius, and defensive capability. My accuracy was dropped so much. I learned a good intel of her metal armor, her movements patern, her weapon, and her attack capabilities. Even it's just minimum intel, it was something helpful.

"Heiyaaa!"

i'm on her attack range. She launch attack instead counter attack. A horizontal slash aim for my head.

"....!"

My advance stoped only by centimeters from her swords trajectory. Her attack is fast. Accurate one handed sword arts. I'm sure that her weapon of choice is a type of cavalry sword. 

"Nice try lady, but you need to do more than that"

i did a fast Zigzag. I used this momentum to close our distance again before her next salvo. but she gave a response in different ways.

"Back off!"

She launched frontal flying knee instead using her sword! Aim straight to my face who was on my low running stance. Now we are talking, is she copying me just now!? but when? I don't even recall i perform that flying knee against her? Did she was observing me even before we cross our sword each other!?

"Wh-!"

I know that she try to keep me at bay. No time to evade. I block it with both of my hand. I utilized my left-hand palm to block her knee attack, reinforced with my right hand that still holding a knife. I bent my body backwards to reduce the damage also hoping this will nullify it by chance. Then use the force to counter with somersault back flip kick, push her back from the air. 

"Eiyaaaaa!"

She backing off, She took no damages from it. Her armor really did the job well or it's just my kick is not powerful enough to land a damage.

"Wwhooho! that was close, and hey. Did you just copying my moves?"

"Everything is justified in war. Am i right?"

I started to rush forward again this time with swift zigzag patern. Bit bent my back forward. crossing both of my arm on the front of my chest. I hold my bowie in reverse grip to add more power into my attack, and also it will be easier for me to do a quick counter from the back. Ah it's make me look a like that cool looking villain, 'Jack Krauts' from 'Occupant Evil MK IV' a console game back in my old worlds.

"Ei!"

She launch forward thrust. I quickly change my knife grip back into upper grip. I quickly parry her flat side of her sword using the flat side of my bowie. I can feel it in my hand that the metal is rubbing each others. I see a bit sparks when i deflect her sword trajectory aside. My body keep pressing forward. 

*Schiiiiiiiiing!*

*Rrrrrtt.Rrrrrrrttt!*

Our eyes meet... I can see her blue eyes within her helmet visor slit. Her armor is kinda have religious vibe. Uhhh. . . Teutons? Templars? I'm not sure. 

"!!"

looks like i got her by surprise this time. That was the eyes of the fearless warriors. I wonder how can she have a broad vision from that kind of visor slit? For me that kind of vision is really will only hindrance. I will stab her on the back when i get pass on her body. W-wait she launch a counter!

"Yah!"

Bravo! Instead focusing on evasions movements or prepare to block my incoming attack that is closing in. She use that momentum and force to launch another attack. Twisting her sword to open a little gap between our interlocking weapon, then make a full force swipe from the middle into right upper side. She aim for my unguarded temple. She did that trick in sync with backwards moves to stay keep me on her strike zone.

"Shi-!!"

I managed to evade that in time by bending my upper body, I can't imagine my brain get sliced in half! I was so desperate that seems my view was in slow motion. I can see my own reflection only in second from her steel sword, that how close i was evading to get diced. Our eyes meet each other again, she only managed to cut part of my hair. But she did not stop! Another salvo incoming!

"Yaaaa!"

She try to land hammer strike with her pummel(part of the sword handle). But my reaction was faster. I told you... CQB&CQC was my strong point. I grab her arm that tried to hammer me down with my right hand. 

"U-!!!"

She startled I hold her wrist that was still holding her saber. Move swiftly like a coiling snake into her side. Still holding her arm wrist up. my left hand that now free, is holding my bowie that was free falling in the air in the second time ago. I hold it In upward grip then quickly make an follow up strike, not letting her reacts with my swift and fast close and personal attack. I launch a fast, uper cut strike with my elbow. Aiming on her arm joint or precisely on her dead side of her elbow joints that now was straighten up defenseless. My right hand that was holding her wrist pull it downward so it will maximize the damage.

*Pa!*

And that's a lot of damage!! A sound of metal plates got pounded by my elbow attack. 

"Awww!"

Sure that was painful, but she was smart, she was relaxing her arms before the impact. So it will decrease the chance of fatal injuries, her conduct was right. If her arms is stiffen instead got relaxed. It's will make me lot easier to break her arms via her elbow joints.

"How mean!"

It will sure get swollen and maybe worse. Sadly her armor did a good job again this time. 

"Shut up. This really getting uncomfortable for me now"

But still... pain is a pain. I need to find a way to strip this annoying metal armor. I know it was attached each other with something. I need to locate that weak spot and crush it! Bone and flesh will make my bowie easier to land a hit.

"Be prepare with my next following movements"

Next, i hold her wrist with my right hand and back of her elbow with my left hand. Twist her arm and make her can't resist, bent her down to face the ground. Drag her little bit then i used my footing to trip her down, then i forcefully put her down on the ground literally.

"Aw aw awawaw!! What did you do!!?"

Make her face the dirt, i use my left knee on her armpits to put more force and make her really submitted to me. I still will not let her arm go, i hold it tight with my right hand after she lay down on the ground with her back facing the sky. Never counter twist her arm to ensure she can't do something stupid. Still hold her hand with my right hand then i stand up. Finish her by landing a powerful kick with my right foot heels. Straight into the back of her head while pull her body up, still holding her twisted arm to add more damage.

*Pa!!*

"Ahhh!!"

After my kick land on target, i release her hand then i take a step back.

"Hup!"

I see an opening on the back of her neck after i kicked her head some times ago. Without delay i leap forward, hold by knife with my both hand. I'm trying to land a clean powerful stab with my knife. 

"Die!"

But she still have energy to resist and do a barrel roll. I'm still crouching stabbing the empty ground, she was at her safe distance from me now. I gave dissatisfied remark.

"Chee!"

I'm standing on my high stance while still brandishing my bowie in reverse grip. I switch it into left handed, i'm ready to launch my next attack. I knew that she wear chainmail inside that metal armor, i can feel that after i scratch that neck of her when she was rolling. I'm trying to find other weak spot that was not well protected by chainmail. This not will be easy... If i survive i will do some research to counter this. Full metal armor is different from leather type armor.

"W-what was that weird moves!? Awww my arm!!!"

She quickly back on her feet. She really live by the sword... Even after what i did she never let go off her sword. Splendid warrior. Her vitality and stamina is also not a joke.

"Sorry.. that was. . . secrets. You can say that was my special techniques"

Her face was so bright red like metal ingot that got burned by fire. She was mad, really mad now.

"It's hurts to move! I'll slice you apart! It's a payback for what you did to me!! Be obedient and take responsibility!!!"

She start to make a move soon after that stupid furious retort... She launch a barrage off strikes really intended to cut me to pieces. i dodge it, evade it, keep my safe distance away from her.

"Muuuuuuuu! Be a man and take responsibility!!! How can i face the world after get humiliated by mere strange animal like you!!! TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!!!"

"What the actual fuck are you talking about!? This is turning stupid and misleading now!"

It's risky and stupid if you try to parry barrage of this stupidly fast attack with only standard issue Bowie, there is also durability and power force gap between them, i need to keep that in mind. And suddenly i see a chance to strike back.

"Got you!"

i try to close my distance fast and land a fast back hand blow by manipulating momentum of her body movements, my aim is on her neck vein. Now i just remember that back in the middle ages warfare, i read it from my old world books. the only cheap, effective attack against full body armor like this one is by blunt weapon attack or pointed attack from blunt weapon strikes. inside that almost impregnable metal armor is still bone and flesh. so blunt attack will also do a damages if that was landed with right force on some vital points. if you can't cut it or stab it...why don't just beat it to the death just like old times. What a everlasting stone age solution that always works all the time. Genius!! Brilliant!! Marvelous!!

"No you won't!"

She counter my counter attack. It's the twin elbow spinning strike! I succeeded blocking it by make a triangle shield with both of my arm that protecting the side of my head.

"Nice try... But sorry that was also another copy of my movements right!?"

"Hehe... I can't help my self to practice it as soon i saw it"

Born as genius. She really have a good knack in battle, GDMT! I wish i have a talent like her! I'm jealous. She really did copying me again from my previous engagement. I dare to say that, because i know that this world bare hand martial arts is just rather less variative. it's just like more into pub or bar brawling and kick boxing. Our battle continue.

"Iaaaaah! Hia! Ha!!"

"Hup! Heah!!"

My body got sliced there and there, not fatal but still... I do a counter again. this time it's works like what i intended, i grab her hand slice her arm wrist with my knifes, but she still hold her sword tight. Put her down with 'judo' moves. when her down i try to land a hammer kick/Axe Kick on her face but she was quick recovering her self and did low swipe with her sword aim for my ankles. I quickly jump and battle continue

*****************

Twenty minutes has passed since second round started. Now we keep our distance... I used this chance to catch my breath. 

"Hufff....hufff......Huffff"

This is put lot of burden into my body... I got cut there and there, parts of my body was painted red with my own blood, my armor is in really bad shape. 

"How can you still stand up after all off this!? You really a strange guy, what are you?"

She was also in serious mess, she sweating a lot this time. Maybe because her internal wounds, she was also forced to keep up with my unpredictable attack. her armor got dent there and there, some missing parts of her armor lay over there and there. her arms got broken after i did some nasty moves on her twice. after receiving heavy slam on the ground i got her helmet broken and force her to take it off. she was also a hard nut for a lady. what kind of training that she did before this war!? i'm impressed.

"Answer me! What are you? why won't you just die!"

I pointed my knife on her then i say a word with my best smile on display

"Hehe... Did you just fall in love with me!?"

She slam the ground with her foot.

"Y-you are talking nonsense!!"

She observing me like some kind of rare animal. She got a neck long red silky hair that was look so messy because of the fights. I can tell from the remaining trace, she was put most of it on the left side of her head. On her right side of her head is decorated with one big braid style that was knitted neatly from the front side into the back side of her head. then at the end of the braid is covered by rest of her hair. I could say she put her style like a 'punk' lady from the downtown streets back in my old worlds. white healthy skins, a face that 10 of 10 man will agreed that she is a high class beauty. They will be kill me as a man who managed to beat the shit out of her. she was sweating a loot and put a straight face that look like it was said "I'm not hurt at all".

"3rd round?"

"Anytime"

I just realize that she is about my neck tall... i'm 178cm tall. black hair. black eyes. Typical European skin. back in my worlds, i was born from asian mother and my father was european guy. my face is just like another normies, but with some touch there and there i can be a supper models but if i neglect my appearance i will looks awful as fuck.

*Thud!*

A body of dead man was laid between me and Tania.

"Pardon me my lady. but we need to retreat... there is a news update that his fellow troops is succeeded launching sneak attack into our logistics camps and we are ordered to reinforce the defense troops over there"

"After all the time!? Why now??"

"I beg your pardon for this old woman my lady, but we will still butting in if your duel will put you in grave danger anymore than this"

"Papiiiii! This is why i don't want any escorts! I hate this!!!"

What the hell i thought they all was a man in metal armor... The change of events? i wonder it's a good luck or bad luck.

"Imp, am i wrong? or should i call you mister Imp?"

"No, just call me imp... mister seems kinda old. i'm still fresh and young"

"Understood. now... will you let this event by gone? and please forget everything that was happened here. if you survive this battle. we will let you go and we will withdraw from here on and will not bother you ever again. i promised with my name on the line. my name is Samantha"

"If i refuse?"

"We will end your life here and now."

Cih... I'm out numbered, they all six people including Tania and Samantha. I'm wornout, should i take the offer then. our mission is to act as decoy anyway and i want to get out of here alive! i want to go home...i missed my PC, Internets, gadget and high tech back in my original world. Even there was also a war and sucks tobe there but i can't live out a life like this kind of setting, the food was boring, take a long time to travel, less entertainment. It's hard to live in this kind of worlds. there is a magic but that also means there is also monster&stuff. Also your life is cheap here, make people get mad at you and people will kill you without thinking twice. nooo interneeeeetttts is also the main issue. in here, I don't have any reason to live in here... 

"I accepted the offers then"

"wise choice Imp. Then goodbye"

They really leave me... I still stand tall in my high stance. i keep my guards up, then after some distances Tania look back at me for some seconds then regroup with her group after someone call for her.

"What a weird encounters... They came from nowhere and went away like this all was a jokes. Maybe back in my world i might believe this all was a petty mob pranks. People in this worlds sure like to kill as their hobby"

They have completely gone from my sights. The battle around me seems like have also meet the end... enemy forces was forced to retreat but the price we have to pay also heavy. What you can expect from cannon fooder like us? We only got trained less than a month. Crude and cheap equipments. most of us is conscripted from peasants and some is from the slaves just like me. we are lucky that our flank troops platoon is not obliterated.

"I-im thirsty. . . .i missed soda and U-uuuuuughhh."

my consciousness faded and i fainted on the hard muddy ground.

----------____________-------------

Uahhh.... 2days again before i'm back to daily work. I hope you enjoy my piece of world

0