Poetic Prattle
287 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Yu and my experiences within the soul realm were completely different. The only real similarities were the openness of interpretation, as neither had a clear reason to show itself in that way. Same as I, she had also visited her soul realm during her sleep. From what she could gather, it's a process of acclimation to ensure that the soul and the body don't become dissonant. In very rare cases, around one in 5000, the soul realm will reject the host (like when the host has high emotional distress during that period or gets a severe head injury). In those cases, either the person have permanently disabled limbs, and possibly even die if critical organs are being nullified, or the host will be taken over by the soulscape, letting the body remain intact but never responding to outside changes. Many doctors are thinking of a new stabilizer that could prevent the 2nd from occurring, by weakening the soulscapes influence. These are however only rumors that my dear servant had gathered from local pamplets and compressed medical documents she took along together with the plant and the herb I asked for.

"Anyways, cultivation aside. I thought about trying poetry for once. Also, I've noted down something that was written on a tablet inside the soulspace. Do you know what it means?"

I handed over the paper to her. She granced over the text a few times, then reading slowly one more time while nodding her head.

"To me it seems like a sentiment of sorts, maybe being not quite translatable to language we can comprehend, or being a type of logic that doesn't exist in the world. I would not know what it exactly refers to, and if it must be seen as general advice or as the solution to a specific problem. Nevertheless I would advice to keep the note, as you should never underestimate the prophetic capabilities of one's inner realm."

"I was planning to do so anyway, letting something as curious as this leave my mind would be a shame of the highest degree."

Having said that I patted the cushion beside me, and Chen obiediently sat down text to me. We took out our papers and quilts and ink. And started writing whatever came to mind.

...

"Solemly swore in the autumn meadows, as hidden lovers held in a tight embrace.

A promise was soon forgotten as present time has taken it's place.

Eternity passes with weeping gentle tears.  How I miss the days of yore."

I listened as Chen Yu Read her poem aloud in a dreary tone.

"You've got a real talent for this, Chen. The tone of your voice contained so much emotion I started to feel nostalgic myself."

Chen Yu shyly replied "T-thank you." while avoiding my gaze and twirling her hair. She wasn't very used to getting complemented.

Like that we wrote many different types of poems during the afternoon. Even during lunch we were discussing about topics and writers that interested us.

"I personally am a fan of Min Hua. I've seen some of her works in the library stationed near the guards' sleeping quarters. She often writes about outer world concepts to explain certain non conventional ideas."

"I have not looked at her works much, but was intrigued by the idea that every opinion has an equally powered contraopinion, and that for both sides there will always be an equal amount of arguments one could possibly make."

"Well I do recommend having a look," I spoke as I picked a collage from under the bed, "it would do me a great service if you were to give your opinions on this somewhere in the future. I would really enjoy discussing this with you."

I chuckled as I put my arm around Chen and whispered "Maybe you could even give her some writing tips, fufufu~."

She calmly put her hand on mine while responding "If I may, a chick shouldn't tell a chicken how to fly, nor should a snail complain about the speed of the turtle. I would be in no place to do so, my lady."

"That may be so, but as said before, any opinion and contraopinion is inherently equally powerful. I would not think she would be against hearing a new voice on the matter."

It felt like she wanted to rebuke me once again, but before she could do so she instead redirected my attention to the cultivation training. Almost forgot about that myself. However I should not be so lax with myself. After all; you never know when you would need it.

 

 

16