After A Good Fight Comes A Good Rest
226 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are the sisters alright?" I suddenly broke the silence, even if a bit insensitive it was important information to know.

"...They're doing better. It seems they are recovering quickly, my lady." In her tone was still a trace of doubt. Well, the wounds did seem severe last I saw them. But maybe having a high ranking also means recovering quicker.

"Even with this luck we still have quite the severe consequences, don't we?" I chuckled a bit as I said that.

Chen flipped around, turning to face me with a serious expression.

"Calling it luck is only understating your own value. Due to your quick tactical decision you have saved all of us. If it weren't for you throwing the bottle we may have already been rotting in a cell." She clasped my hand tightly. "It was not a decision I could've made in your stead, nor could the Lao sisters have done it. Though next time, please consider your own safety first, your highness."

I could not rebuke this sincere gratitude. Even if I considered it only a reflex, an emotional decision made in the spur of the moment, to them it could have been life or death.

"Chen, I'm hungry, could you prepare some breakfast for me?" I said trying to dissipate the heavy atmosphere.

"I will have something prepared in short order. It will only take a moment."

"Let's eat together, then." I said before she headed out

With the tip of her ears becoming red she only replied with a nod.

"Oh, and Chen, thank you very much. For all the things you've done for me."

She nodded again and silently headed out.

As I was waiting, I decided to meditate for a bit. I cleared my mind and paid close attention to the darkness surrounding me. This meditation process was then abruptly cut short as the door slammed open and I could see 3 familiar figures standing.

"Come inside." I said.

"Hey missy, have have you been? I've heard about what happened, scary stuff." said Min cheerily. "As you can see you don't have to worry about us."

And indeed, there were no signs left of the injuries from before.

" 'twas but only a scratch, nothing the power trio can't handle." Jin followed up with.

They came closer, giving sharp stares toward my right arm.

"Oh damn, it seems that you won't be able to write those poems for a while."

"Why has your aura thickened so much?" Yin suddenly inquired.

"Wait, Mei Mei was cultivating?" Jin asked with a strange expression, before suddenly going "How cool, why didn't you tell us?"

I could only reply with a forced smile. Having the three ask questions in rapid succession like this made me feel like I was being interrogated.

"I have not been doing it for too long, so I haven't had much of a chance yet to tell you. My aura has thickened because of [drainage]"

At the 2nd response their faces gave a quizzical look. 

"[drainage]?" they asked in unison.

"Let's just say it's a special type of skill I have." I said, shutting off the conversation.

"Have you heard of..."

"No, but maybe..."

they started whispering amongst themselves. The me from before would find this rude behavior intolerable, but now I'm getting quite amused by their antics.

"I am sitting right here. Please feel free to ask questions, I won't bite." I good-humoredly gave a cheecky comment.

"Ah yes, sorry miss, but which kind of element does your realm possess. Ah, mine is stone if you didn't know yet. Vast canyons filled with giant rock piles and caves and mountains. It's a good place to train, plus the air feels nice."

I hesitated a bit still, however I had no reason to withhold such information, but before doing so I wanted to know what theirs was. Like a mutual understanding contract.

"What's yours' then?"

Jin responded with "Water, whenever I meditate I am surrounded by the deep oceans, but I have yet to find a city hidden there."

Yin responded with "Darkness, as you'd expect there's not much to see. Pretty atmospheric though."

After those short explanations they came even closer excitedly awaiting what my type would be. Yu Chen had also sneakily come in and gotten closer.

"Mine is corruption, it's an abstract world filled with illogical lifeforms on an alien planet. I have yet to fully explore it because of it's spaciousness. Even after walking around for maybe half an hour was I barely even anywhere remotely close near the edge."

They all looked at mein wonder. "Wow, so it's that big, huh. You must have a natural talent for it." Min said.

We ate breakast and chattered about many things. But overall, it was a pretty uneventful day.

Near the end of the day I did feel a few stabbing aches. I must have been a bit too rough with my arm.

14