The Next Course
180 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen gave a polite bow before greeting me back. Giving a oft smile as she inquired if I had a good nights rest. I told her about the things I had experienced and the vastness of it. She seemed quite surprised at the growth rate, wondering if her being on 3rd fold is adequate. I encouraged her by saying that only because of a strange ability did I get a headstart, and that she'd likely catch up as time went on.

I also seemed to feel a much duller ache as compared to before, it still hurts, and the sudden sharp pains at times can still make me yelp, but overall it feels much less draining to have it. As such I decided to tag along today while Chn Yu gave me a concerned look, but had already internally conceded before trying to give a rebuttal. Chen Yu's walking looked also quite a bit more stable, it seems the cut already had a soft layer of skin grown over it, giving me a sense of relief. Strangely enough however it also seemed a bit lonely, being the only one still having lasting effects from the injury before.

But hey, it can't be helped. Thinking that I dressed up in proper attire before heading downstairs together, the three sisters were happily chattering on a table near the corner and gestured for us to come and join. They were having a meaningless conversation about a hot celebrity known for his wealth and power likely visiting this remote village one of these days. I listened in but had not much to bring to the conversation. I have no nearby plans to enter a relationship, no matter what kind of hottie it might be. 

Breakfast consisted of a serving of some rice, seaweed, fish and bread. Quite simple, but it tasted well for such a cheap price. I asked a bit about plans for the near future.

"We're planning to send a messenger to your father discussing to let you return home."

"I wouldn't recommend it," I uttered, "I think him and Xhu would already have spoken about this. But even if he didn't, father doesn't trust anything that I tell him, and would likely still get strung along into my sister's and Xhu's schemes. It could easily become our death."

Unexpectedly, Chen Yu butted in: "However we are short on money and supplies. And I'd expect Xhu's men to have already surrounded the exit gates. When we met him last time it feels like no matter what he was going to kill us, and that our escape plan was a convenient alibi for him."

"Do we have any positive acquaintances we could convince to help join us?"

"Sorry to say miss, but your public reputation is at rock bottom. It seems many rumours have spread about your mental state."

So it seems we are still in a difficult position. Fighting with 5 against a whole army would be impossible, but staying inside indefinitely would also be risky. All Fan Xhu has to do is to get access permission and we'd have nowhere to run.

"For now, how much money do we have, and how much time does it give us."

Min counted "About 6 golds worth, should be enough to last us a month."

So I thought and thought about multiple possibilities, and how I think we'd end up. Espcaping during nighttime? Much too risky due to multiple factors, including possibly underestimatin how many soldiers there are or even what aminals lurk about in the forests. Finding work? Possible but much too slow, we'd be smoked out before having any strong capital.

The natur of the situation is giving me a splitting headache. There must be some kind of correct answer in here, it's only really hard to find.

But then I had a flash in my mind. Possibly my most malicious idea yet. Not only that, but extremely risky at the same time. So riky in fact, I'm nearly 100% sure that neither my sister nor Fan Xhu would be able to predict it at all. But even then I might be able to conceal it until finalization.

But before even attempting to try to convince the other 4 of the legitimacy of this plan, I had to inquire about a few variables I needed to ascertain.

 

 

 

7