Chapter 20
214 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, I was sitting in my homeroom idling away when miss Campbell came in. 

“Good morning everyone.” She smiles brightly, as if she didn’t know the rumours that had circulated because of her act. 

When she came into the class, the only two other people there with me barely acknowledged her. 

‘Not like they would, everyone in this class is just way too discerning and they know you would take a mile when given an inch.’ 

Everyone in our homeroom had been an audience to her revolving suitors and made conclusions based on that, though they may not be right. Because of that, she had not been able to get her hooks into any of the boys in this class, including Reinhardt and Udonavon who were in the class with me this instance. 

Next came in Brandon who came straight to me.

“I heard you’ve become quite the celebrity.” 

‘Speak louder why don’t you.’ I saw Serena’s ears perk up when Brandon made that statement.

“Not really, it was just-” 

“Do you want to know what would have happened had you followed her? I saw that possibility you know.” 

“-a talk among schoolmates. And no, I don't want to know.” You vulture. I really don’t need you stirring the pot because you’re bored, ahhh shit. The princess is coming right this way. 

“What happened to you? I heard there was a commotion.” 

‘Since when were we close enough for you to make that inquiry?’

“Nothing happened, it was a civil conversation among schoolmates like I told Brandon here.” Really, no privacy.

“Good, I would hate for you to be distracted by that girl when the results come out later today.” There it is. She wants to defeat me while I’m ‘of sound mind’. I looked at Serena and-

‘Yup, She didn’t like that exchange at all.’ She was silently fuming. But these were opponents she could not instigate at all. 

The rest of the day passed slowly until we could go to the announcement board to see our positions and scores. I made my way over there, keenly aware that the princess and Brandon were tailing me the entire time. I knew Brandon had at least some idea of my performance but he kept strangely mum about it while simultaneously being extra chippy today. As I got to the board and saw the results, I immediately knew why.

‘Shit. She didn’t score perfect on every subject so she-’

“-am second.” As she looked at me, I could see her grit her teeth in annoyance.  

“Congratulations, Solis Whitefyre. This will not be forgotten.” She turned around and left immediately. 

‘Be more ominous why don't you.’ I turned my attention to Brandon. 

“Congratulations on your first place. Just know, you’ve unleashed a monster that will ripple quite drastically.” I sighed as I closed my eyes. Before opening them back up and bypassing Brandon, totally ignoring him. 

I entered my room and allowed myself to relax. I sent myself into my energies and just bathed in how they all intricately connected, deepening the saturation of my concepts until-

‘Shit, I advanced.’ Sixth tire aura user. This was one of the disadvantages of my ‘self cultivation’ sorcery, I had to keep my vigilance and control else my aura and chi grow without constraint. I felt my aura increase in quality and quantity while the saturation also took a leap.

‘Eh, you win some you lose some.’ I turned in for the night.

  

8