Chapter 44
213 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I turned and placed my hands together in a prayer-like fashion, Letting my mana flow through me as I constructed a new portal. This portal had a different formula than my usual and had to be purpose built for transporting large objects. A complex magical circle forms in front of me and a large portal forms. Taking control through the arrays, I passed the mountains through the portal and followed behind them and the dwarf followed behind me.

As we arrived on the other side, I looked out into the ocean and smiled. I felt the ocean breeze flowing with a salty tang and inhaled it deeply. I closed my eyes and took a few seconds to savour the place before I opened them back up and closed the portal behind me. 

Along with the arrays that allowed them to float, I had added on an underlying array that would rotate the four smaller satellite mountains in a clockwise fashion starting at the cardinal directions and returning to their original position after twenty four hours. 

‘Basically a giant clock in the sky.’ 

I walked along the shoreline and inward for a few minutes towards the shack I had set up a few days prior. This shack was the centre of a large array I had spent the last few weeks building up, layer by layer, until it became the incredibly complex thing that it is. 

The array was the base made up of many arrays that I would eventually build on and its purpose was to streamline the adding of certain arrays and reduce the waste of mana to negligible levels. The first one I had built on the base array was a….riff, you could say, of the spell Flamel used to hide the world tree during its formative years. I was a ward that puts up a veil of ‘notice me not’ that affects everyone, even the most powerful.

‘Though not strongly enough.’ 

I pulled out a large whitefyre orb, one of the largest and most powerful I had produced, and connected it to the circuit centerpoint in the shack. I controlled the mountains and had the largest mountain align with the shack from above and connected the background circuits between the mountain and the shack I had set up to initiate and control the movement of the mountains.  

As all the connections clicked into place, the satellite mountains started slowly moving to their designated places surrounding the main mountain in accordance to the present time of the day as I tied the rotation to the clock. 

The shack, and consequently main mountain, which was at the center of the array was by the shore line and the centre of what would be a circle. I had designed this city/resort as a semicircle facing the ocean with the diameter cutting it in half being a little away from the shore. At the center of that diameter is where the shack is and that means that at noon and midnight, one of the satellite mountains will be floating above the ocean. I made it this way so as to create a spectacle that drew people here when it opened.  

I brought the ‘notice me not’ ward to full power now that it was connected to an orb and a translucent veil simmered for an instant before disappearing. Following that, I raised the mountains to their final height of about a few hundred feet above the ground. The arrays on the mountain also deal with air quality and atmospheric difficulties that may come about. 

‘Everything is going as planned.’ I smiled to myself before I looked at the dwarf that just stood there silently.  

“When can you start building?” I asked him as he silently watched all I had just done. He snapped out of his trance and gained an almost fanatical glint in his eyes. 

“I will personally see to building this….resort of yours. I take it I’ve been keyed into all wards?” He asked. 

“Yes. Makes things easier for me. You can get here on your own.” I inhaled and observed my day's hard work. 

“We’ll iron out all the kinks when you’ve fully studied what I sent over and made your notes. You know where the teleportation arc is to be built, you can start there. Then continue straight ahead to roads and teleportation terminals. That will be the backbone built first. we can go from there.” He was just nodding along with what I was saying.

We finally returned back to my office and the master builder went on ahead to start doing whatever he needed to do. 

The next few weeks, a lot of the people who came for the banquet started returning back to their respective homes but on the other hand, a substantial number of people decided to make this their home. I didn’t really mind as it just bolstered the population of the city. I also had to deal with inquiries about the alcohol I served at the banquet and that led to a contract with the royal family who decided to buy a certain amount from me every year. 

Some other families tried to do the same or inquire about when they would be sold in shops but I decided to maintain exclusivity by only contractually selling to some families and maybe later institutions and merchants.

‘Not too bad, if I do say so myself.’ I was still lost in thought when I heard John knock on the office. 

“Sir, your father is here.” I looked up at the intrusion and sighed. 

“Allow him to enter.” My father entered my office and looked around as John left and closed the door behind him. 

“You’ve been ignoring my  mothers attempts to speak to you.” I looked at him in silence with a deadpan face as he said that. He knew exactly why I wouldn't meet that woman. He finally sighed and turned to his left. 

“You can take it off now, mother.” I looked in confusion as my grandmother appeared in front of me while holding above her head what appears to be a circlet. 

‘Fuck.’

7