Chapter 58
185 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took a deep breath in to prepare myself.

‘Here I go.’ 

I lifted both my hands up to the sky and a large complex magic circle appeared above me. A barrier surrounded us, hiding what would be inside the veil from outside watchers. I dropped my hand after I was done.

‘That should hold for a bit.’ 

The mana surrounding us became agitated as I started building up to something. My aura concept began to go through the full cycle of its parts, aided by the concept of my chi to make sure everything stays in balance and one thing doesn’t overpower another. I excited the cycle to move quicker and quicker while still maintaining balance. As a result of this, the mana surrounding us started to vibrate quickly while taking on the property of the concept of my aura. Things kept going like that until they reached a critical mass.

‘It’s time.’ I reached within myself and ignited the spark for both my aura and chi. 

The effects were immediate. 

The ground surrounding me in a hundred metre radius immediately cratered, before becoming a mess of elements. It became so hot that the ground became flowing magma, then it exploded in steam like someone doused a large amount of water on it and hardened. Grass sprouted from the hardened magma along with metal protrusions, populating the otherwise barren land. As the progression of events settled down, a wave of pure nothingness erupted from me that reduced everything to nothing. I was vaguely aware of the barrier I erupted breaking as well as Flamel shielding himself. 

I felt myself changing physically to fit the new powers developing in me, my body streamlining itself to better handle it. My changes went on for a few minutes before the divinities bloomed in both my aura and chi. 

My senses extended to the beyond the limits I had previously reached and my connection to my, now, divinities expanded that scope even further. 

‘It has been a while since I reached this level of power in reality. Ohh, the joy of being tied to the elements like this again.’  I looked at Flamel who was looking at me with interest. 

“You succeeded then.” I smiled at him. 

I flexed my will and the surrounding earth filled the  crater that had formed as a result of my advancement. I stretched my awareness far and wide, feeling everything within my range with a crystal clarity. 

“Yes I have.” 

‘And I underestimated the level of my strength.’ 

I could feel it now, my powers, bubbling to the surface and willing to do anything I wished to do. The absolute control over those five elements and their derivatives alone would make anyone a monster, but the void aspect, it really…. I looked left and the ground was immediately gouged out by what seemed to be nothing. The newly formed gouge had clean edges as if it was cut with precision, making people wonder what might have caused it, but I knew. I could sense the void, and access it, and create it, and destroy it. It was completely in my full control. This is where my divinity became absurd. 

“That looks a bit dangerous, doesn’t it?” He said, looking at the impression I had just made.

“I know.” 

“Not a lot of people will know how to counter that.”

“I know.” I replied again. 

“You’ve reached a certain point now where only the strongest can damage you, and even then it will take a lot. What is your reason for strength?” I looked at him as he asked the question. 

“When my decision was taken out of my hands by both the emperor and you, I decided then and there to surpass you.” I looked at him with a serious expression.

“Hoh? Why me? Why not the emperor?” I smiled at that question.

“Because you are more powerful than he is. You may call it instinct, but the truth is that I can feel it in your mana that your alchemy has reached a stage where you can bend reality to your whims as long as you have fuel, and the fuel doesn’t have to come from you. In fact, it will most likely come from your opponent.” 

“Quite the assumption, don't you think? Why go to such lengths?” He asked as he smiled at me. 

‘Because I reached that stage in alchemy multiple times in multiple realities and you’ve had millennia, millennia even before the emperor was born, to perfect it. You are the most dangerous person I’ve seen right next to the dragon king.’ 

“I just do.”I just smiled and didn't say more than that. 

“So, what are you going to do now?” 

“Now? I have some people to welcome and a second city to open-” I took a step back into the void between here and the one connecting to my room.

“-then we’ll go from there.” I disappeared from his view, for the first time without the use of a portal. 

 

Draco Pendragon Pov.

 

Life over the past few years has been somewhat of a honeymoon. Living with Serena was everything I hoped it would ever be, especially after our marriage. Two children later and I couldn’t imagine life any other way. My parents didn’t particularly like breaking my engagement with the Medici, but with Serena’s well known achievements in healing magic along with the children she produced, I hadn't seen them more happy. 

“Darling, I received a letter from Solis. You know my old classmate and the lord of this territory.” My smile cracked.

‘This is the only area in life where I have a problem.’ Living in a territory owned by another person was not that bad. Living in a Whitefyre owned territory, worse, but manageable. Our families will never be close but we could be cordial with each other. Living in a territory that Solis Whitefyre, Heartree or whatever he goes by now is where I start to have problems. 

I hated him ever since my first year of the academy and he came first, making my parents compare me to him. I hated him when he was getting to mouthy with my lovely flower Serena, when all should worship the ground she walks on and I hate him now , living in his land while he acts high and mighty. 

I admit, he is doing a good job of making this place livable for my family, still, there is something that just….I can’t exactly put my finger on it. 

“And what does he want, dear?” I asked with gritted teeth.

6