Chapter 2 Zai-Entery
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Skies have been relatively peaceful since that fateful day, most of the kingdoms have recovered for the most part. With the creation of the Demon Force, it became the grandiose dream of many kids and adults.

South within the eastern kingdom of Voua, rests a small slightly worn village along the outskirts of the land. Sunny with clear skies, with trees dancing in the cool breeze, just cool enough to balance the heat coming from. A young boy is basking in nature's presence, as he's perched on a tree. A group of kids approach the boy, one of them holding a ball.

"Ayo! Zai, wanna play ball with us?" a little boy asked

"Nah, I'm cool, you guys play without me"

"C'mon~ you gotta play with us, ur the best at this" a little girl pressed on

"I said no~ I'm listening to the wind, today just feels like the day to embrace nature completely ya know?" shutting down the invites from the kids, they eventually leave to play. Zai was alone again, hearing the distant kids playing, the sun radiating on his skin, filling him with a tingling sensation throughout his body. It wasn't long until his eyes became heavy, his ears adjusted to the surrounding noise slowly being muffled. His mind kept going blank for short periods of time until he dozed off…

?????

Zai's heavy eyes were gradually lifting due to the faint sounds of… Screams?

"AAHHHHH, RUN!" an innocent civilian was stabbed through the heart by a large demon with spikes for limbs.

In that instant Zai jolted up on the tree he was perched on, losing his balance and falling on his back.

????

"Oof, dang what is happening-" At that very moment a demon resembling a scorpion with centipede legs appeared right in front of his face as he got up.

"Uhwa, ah AHHHH!" wasting no time Zai dodged out of the way the scorpion-centipede stinger

??? ??? ??? ??? slow clicks came from the demon, as it pulled its stinger from the ground. Zai wasted no time, his immediate response was to run back home. Zai, as he was sprinting back home, noticed the chaos around him. Running back towards the direction of his home he was witnessing his neighbour's corpses hanging off buildings, houses burning, the trees and grass that he used to play on were scorched and burnt with blood splattered all over. Shortly after he noticed his friends that invited him bloody with a gaping hole through their chest.

He eventually made it back home but only witness the cruel sight of his mother and father already in the clutches of demons, Along with his house torn to bits, destroyed.

"MOM! DAD! NO!" he cried but his body couldn't move anymore, his desire to help them so powerful but knowing that he would only rush into his demise.

"ZAI! JUST GET OUT OF HERE! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE BUT RUN AS FAST AS POSSIBLE" his mother cried her voice trembling with fear and shock as she struggles to leave the demon's grasp to no avail.

"ZAI GET TO A SAFE PLACE AND THEN HEAD TOWARDS NORTH VOUA, SEEK SHELTER THERE!" Screamed Zai's father, his last words before a demon shot enormous porcupine quill-like projectiles through his heart from his chest.

Tears running down her eyes "P-please Zai, JUST RUN AND STAY SAFE" she cried

Zai gained a jolt of energy at that moment, and without saying a word ran for as far as he could. Turning his back on his mother and father. Only hearing his parent's final words in his head accompanied with the gruesome sounds their bodies made when getting blasted through the chest. He ran with the thoughts ???? ???? ???? ???? fueling his body as natural instinct.

As he eventually made it out of the southern Voua and entered a small ditch.

???? "Ugh" he quickly got up, because there were a couple of slow demons tailing him from behind. A Monkey gorilla with wings, a horse with spider legs and horns, a fused quintuple-headed snake with eagle wings and more monstrosities.

The adrenaline in Zai's blood still was going strong until he was hit with the same porcupine quill that killed his dad, in his leg.

"ARGH!" he screamed out in unbearable searing pain that continually attacked him in waves, pulsing throughout his entire leg and lower torso. But he was able to push on fearing he would share the same fate as his parents and friends. He noticed a small cave leading into the ground ahead of him, with no second thoughts he jumped in sliding down to the bottom.

As he finally reached the bottom he ran into darkness straight ahead of him. Until he bumped into a wall. He turned around to the only thing illuminating his surrounding him were the beady red of the demons behind him.

He collapsed, with nowhere left to run. This was how he was going to die, away from the warm rays of the sun, and the cool breeze of the wind. In a damp, dark, and cold of a cave found in some ditch. A few of the demons stopped pursuing him along the way, but a few still remained. Not that it was any better.

At this moment his mind couldn't wish or desire for anything except to ????. His body couldn't do anything except pitifully trying and stay warm by shivering and trembling in place. He desired to ???? to eliminate the ???? in front of him. But that was that.

??? ??? ???    ????? ????? ?????    ???? ???? ????

The sounds of the various demons approaching him grew louder and louder. Faster and faster. Zai felt his mind break, a million things were being processed in his head but none were executable, in his darkest place yet he only thinks about his surroundings, his family, his friends. Until everything became numb. From his curled-up toes, his tense abdominals, his stiff neck, his strained eyes, bloodshot and all. He could only await what the eventual doom was, breaking his parent's final wishes, as he sat there staring at those bright red eyes becoming larger.

?????????    ???????????????    ????????????

????

Thankfully in less than an instant, he regained his senses in the arms of a demon, with his chest gaping open flooding blood. The only pain felt was that of emotional and mental while patiently waiting for his fear to subside and put out of his misery. Too in shock to register the pain he should be in, the last thing he saw wasn't the beautiful red sunrise, but the demonic red eyes of the grim reaper.

He thought to himself ????? ???? ???? ???? ??? ??? ?? ??????? ?????? ??????????, ???…

Zai died.

1