Chapter 1
190 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng was a Chinese who found an amazing artifact, thanks to which, among other things, he was able to open portals to the parallel dimensions of the earth.

At first it was not easy, but little by little he was able to create his own corporation and develop it to a huge scale.

The parallel worlds were different, in some worlds he found the T-virus, advanced artificial intelligence, electromagnetic weapons, and so on. Step by step, his corporation was gaining strength thanks to extraterrestrial technologies obtained from other worlds.

However, some of the viruses were too dangerous and large-scale experiments were required to test their potential. So in one of the dimensions, people completely died out, moreover, all living things died out both on land and at sea. Exactly how this happened and how much time had passed, we could only guess, but not less than tens of years. By the time Feng entered this world, the virus had completely exhausted itself, it took a lot of time to finally find an active sample of the virus.

The reason for the extinction of the earth in this universe, as well as some basic info about the virus, was not difficult to find out. It was enough to find still working servers or other storage media. Unfortunately, there was too little information, it seemed the world was almost completely destroyed, as after a global catastrophe and a nuclear war.

However, this virus was named PZDC-21. It is interesting that there was no decoding of this abbreviation, except that the number obviously referred to 2021, but the name was not so important, let it be PZDC-21.

Feng was in no hurry to try to get a sample of the virus, as always, at first a series of experiments were carried out to test the way the virus spread and worked.

- Please let me go! - the test subjects begged for mercy.

Many of them were criminals, but not all. Some agreed to become test subjects voluntarily, while the rest were part of various hostile groups and people opposing the corporation who were captured and transported to the base alive.

Of course, there were innocent people among them, but technological progress requires sacrifice, nothing can be done about it.

Feng launched another batch of a thousand test subjects into a parallel dimension, his knights were already waiting on the other side of the portal. Following the instructions, they confined the test subjects to a separate rooms, some together, others separately, and then launched the virus.

At first, there was no effect, but after a few hours, miasms appeared on the bodies of the subjects. Their mental state left much to be desired, it is interesting that they themselves did not seem to notice the changes within their bodies. The next day, the transformation was already obvious, the entire body of the test subjects was covered with abscesses and miasms, the skin was practically gone, the neck and limbs became slightly longer. They were clearly turning into monsters.

The skin of an infected person begins to rot and shed, and all the muscles and fat in the body are automatically converted into a special structure of flesh and blood. This flesh and blood will gradually cover the infected person's body, his neck will become longer and more thin, his face and limbs will be completely deformed, and he will completely lose his human appearance. Disgusting tentacles grow from sarcomas. From early to late stages, infection and transformation times are about 24 hours.

Individuals became violent and aggressive, but signs of human behavior remained. They not only did not attack each other, but could even communicate with each other. For Feng, these sounds resembled an incomprehensible growl, but the subjects were supposedly able to understand each other.

Not all experimental subjects succumbed to the virus, a small part of them remained humans without external signs of transformation. However, if such a person was in the same room with the monsters, they immediately attacked him and tore him apart, after which they fought for the human remains. The same reaction was for the knights. They were in no hurry to attack the T800, but in the end they still attacked, although they could not really damage the robot, let alone absorb it.

Obviously, they were primarily interested in human flesh, or the flesh of other living beings. At the very least, they needed it to survive. After a month in isolation, the monsters began to devour each other. Half a year later, the last individual died, as he could not find a victim to devour.

This virus was extremely dangerous and spread itself through the air at an incredible speed. It is interesting that only individuals with a sufficiently high intelligence were infected, the virus did not act on the knights at all, because they were just mindless clones under the control of the chip.

However, after the experiments carried out, there were no decent results. For evolution, this virus required a huge amount of biological mass, even thousands of experimental subjects were just a drop in the ocean and this was far from enough.

As a result, it was decided to launch this virus in one of the parallel earth worlds that has not yet been destroyed and to witness the results.

Next to Feng was a sweet girl, she was the main artificial intelligence who, among other things, controlled the chips of all black knights and robots. Even her own body was controlled by a similar chip, this body she chose for herself. Her name was Xiao Fei.

- Master, are you sure this is a good idea? Billions of people will die. - commented lola, blinking innocently.

- Never mind. Parallel worlds are endless. One more, one less. The main thing is to ensure that this virus never gets to our land, I do not care about the rest.

Feng activated another portal, and then ordered.

- Go ahead.

Modified knights, T800 and drones entered the portal fully armed. Xiao Fei created an inferior artificial intelligence that would be sent to the portal at the head of the operation and control the squad during this mission. Their task will be to clear the area around the portal upon arriving and set up a hidden base afterwards. They will patiently await the results of the experiment and collect samples if necessary. Only artificial intelligence will return back, the rest of the soldiers will not return anyway, their value could not be compared with the probability of an unknown mutation of the virus, thanks to which it could enter Feng's world.

The portal will be reopened only to obtain a matured sample of the virus, provided that it can be pre-isolated.

5