Chapter 7
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were no more than a dozen kitchen knives in the apartment, the choice was rather limited. But I still picked myself up more and less suitable.

I had to hastily come up with something like a scabbard, I would not want to accidentally cut off something from myself.

I took old jeans, superglue, scissors and bungled a semblance of a scabbard suitable for a knife, even attached a loop to keep the scabbard on the belt. I was not bothering about the quality tho.

The result did not look very encouraging, considering that I did all this in a hurry, but still it will work out for now.

I hope I can find a more serious weapon. Even a baseball bat is unlikely to be able to break through the skull of these creatures; you will need to look for either a firearm or a more powerful edged weapon.

Suddenly I noticed that someone was calling me, after checking the phone, I saw that my friend from work Michael called me. Without hesitation, I picked up the receiver, but to my horror I heard only incomprehensible sounds of growling, although they still traced something from the human language, but very distant.

- Michael ... have you become a monster? - I asked uncertainly.

The question was stupid, I understood it perfectly, but could not resist, soon after my answer, the monster Michael hung up. I stared at the phone as if mesmerized.

If Michael became a monster, how could he even use the phone? Could these monsters use telephones, computers ... weapons? While the transformation may be too fast and Michael did it instinctively, at least I was hoping for it.

This call reminded me of my mother, she lived in Florida. I did not have a father and she was essentially the only one who was dear to me, the fate of all other relatives did not bother me at all. Actually, it was mutual.

I braced myself and hesitantly kept the button on the contact of my mother, soon I nevertheless pressed the call and listened to the beeps with bated breath.

Mother answered ... but as with Michael, her answer was not what I wanted to hear. For a while, I fell into prostration. I made various hypotheses, trying to convince myself that everything was fine with my mother, and someone else answered me. But soon I still had to accept and realize what happened.

__

Morning came a couple of hours later. I didn't know whether it was good or bad. Perhaps it was worth trying to leave at night, but the moment was missed anyway.

At least I lived alone and the apartment owner was not supposed to show up anytime soon. Only my girlfriend could visit me, but I hoped that this would not happen.

Almost all the time I did nothing but surf the Internet. I watched videos, climbed various forums and blogs. The more I learned the more terrified I became.

Monsters were everywhere, in almost all broadcasts and recordings, monsters growled at the monitor, while filming the surroundings and what is happening around. I could not understand anything of what they were saying, but here comments came to the rescue, I realized with horror that I was almost the only person who understood that this blogger was a monster.

Comparing all the facts, I had no choice but to realize that almost the entire population of the planet turned into monsters, but at the same time they continued to consider themselves humans. They continued to use computers, cars, telephones. Continued to do their daily activities ...

In one of the videos, I saw a blogger walking through the streets of the city, taking pictures of the surrounding monsters. Many of the mutants were armed, some with clubs and knives, but there were also those who were using firearms, compound bows and even freaking katanas.

The sight of a bunch of mutants with weapons made my head spin. If before I was surprised that the monsters were too fast and strong, now I felt a surge of real despair.

However, then I saw something even more incredible.

The blogger and some of the surrounding monsters heard inviting growls. They began to move together towards a small weapons store. Judging by the comment online, I guessed that both the blogger and the audience allegedly discovered the "Mutant" and decided to destroy it ...

Two mutants were holding baseball bats, one with a rifle, one with a katana. Including the blogger himself, the five mutants moved to the gun store. The door was closed, but this did not stop them, they simply shot through the lock and burst inside.

The four armed mutants were advancing neatly, apparently pretending to be special forces or something. It looked especially creepy considering their grotesque bodies and gruesome tentacles trembling with anticipation.

They walked past various stands with weapons and price tags. I even saw comments that, for example, an American-made AK-47 cost less than $ 700, which is cheaper than the monthly rent I paid for living in my hole.

Once again I felt a terrible feeling of disappointment that I had not thought of buying myself a barrel.

The mutants wrapped themselves behind another rack, and then they growled, their tentacles became frantic. One by one, they dropped their weapons and ran forward.

The blogger was the last, but hastened to catch up with the others to see what was happening.

The camera finally showed the counter, from behind which a middle-aged man was peering, he was holding a rifle, something like an AUG, and opened fire. However, the mutants moved very quickly and got to him in an instant.

Seeing the human, the blogger himself growled, he dropped the phone and presumably also rushed at the person.

However, I managed to notice how a bullet hit one of the mutants in the head and the mutant fell to the floor, at least these creatures are still not immortal for a firearm.

Despite the fact that only the ceiling of the store was visible on the screen, there were significantly more comments. Many mocked this gang of idiots who dropped their weapons at the last moment.

However, there were many comments about the appearance of the "Mutant", as well as the horror of the realization that this mutant could use a weapon. Obviously, even to the audience, the person with the AUG behind the counter looked like a mutant ... Seems like I was the only one who saw a human on the video...

2