Chapter 11
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Richard suppressed his annoyance and stared at the cute Connie again.

He looked at her sweet innocent smile, soft and tender cheeks. This beautiful, innocent flower that can't wait to be picked and trampled.

The mere thought of taking a bite off her caused an unprecedented excitement in Richard. His breathing hardened and he decided the time had come.

- Rachel, get Connie.

Mom wiped the tender lips of little Connie with a napkin, but froze for a moment, then her smile became even brighter.

- Congratulations, Connie, you've been adopted.

- Really?! - Connie was excited.

Regardless of her question, she knew that her mother would not lie to her. So she was already struggling to suppress the cries of joy.

Many children congratulated Connie in unison, and she thanked them with tears of joy in her eyes and promised that she would never forget them and would try to write letters regularly.

Some kids could not hide the bitterness of the fact that they were not adopted, Connie became even a little ashamed of her overreaction.

Soon all the kids were escorting Connie to the "Happiness Elevator". They hugged goodbye and gave each other tearful promises, after which Connie finally left.

Richard finally met Connie in person. He put on the most good-natured smile, his voice echoed with the warmth of autumn foliage.

- Welcome home Connie. - he said gently.

Little Connie experienced a whole range of feelings. Happiness, fear, insecurity, shyness. She timidly squeezed her beloved bunny in her arms and spoke barely audibly.

- Thank you dad. - she stammered and blushed with embarrassment.

Richard laughed good-naturedly, he was in no hurry to try to get closer to the baby, in no case, this can cause the opposite effect.

Step by step, he will win her trust and love, give gifts and his attention, until she herself reaches out to him. And only then he will abruptly rip off the plaster. He will cut off piece by piece from her alive and watch as her look of gratitude and love will be replaced by a look of horror and despair.

Richard was slightly carried away by his thoughts and his expression wavered a little, but he quickly corrected himself and returned his good-natured smile.

- Come on honey, I'll show you your room.

Connie followed the new dad with timid steps, and soon they came into the room.

- Wow! - Connie admired.

The room was huge, there were fabulous fantasy drawings on the walls and ceiling, and there were many different dolls and toys around. She even saw a miniature playground, trains, planes, and more.

- You can ask me anything, if you want a smaller or larger room, just let me know. The same goes for everything else. I want you to feel like home here. Connie, we're family now. - said Richard slowly using his warm voice.

Connie humbly hummed her thanks and moved tentatively forward.

Richard said goodbye to her and left her alone. It was impossible to interact with her too much now, it was necessary to wait at least until tomorrow, so that the child acclimatized in a new place and felt more protected and confident.

On the way back, his face twisted into a hideous grimace of anticipation. He felt an acute urge to fill his stomach.

Meanwhile, Connie gazed with admiration at her new room. She jumped merrily on the huge bed with a happy laugh, although she did not let go of her beloved rabbit.

Soon she was looking at various toys, there was even a plane that she could launch flying with a joystick. She could only dream of such toys before.

That night she fell asleep being the happiest in the world.

The next morning, she opened the window and looked out at the beautiful scenery outside. Green grass and trees were were slowly trembling from the light wind. It was incredibly beautiful here.

At some point, something at a very fast speed flew right to her and clung to her hand. Connie yelped in surprise and stared at her hand.

An amazing bracelet with a watch covered her wrist, she did not even have time to realize when it had time to firmly fix on her hand.

She had never heard of a flying watch that could fly into someone arms like this before, but she assumed that it was one of the toys her dad gave her, so she didn't worry too much.

- Great! - Connie was excited.

She began to feel her brand new watch with interest, when her fingers dropped to the watch screen, a hologram with inscriptions popped up above the clock.

Status.

Identify.

Map.

Notebook.

Other.

- Wow! - she was really surpresed now.

Although she was only 7 years old and had not been in the outside world before, this does not mean that she was stupid. All children studied diligently and took tests regularly. In fact, training was almost the only entertainment for them.

She perfectly understood the very concept of a hologram, but she thought that there was no such technology yet. Her father was really amazing once he was able to give her something like that.

Connie should definitely write to her friends about such amazing things. Although ... wouldn't it upset them if she bragged too much? Connie was hesitant and decided that she would think it over later.

She tried to touch the Status sign in the air, as soon as her fingers touched the sign, the hologram changed to a new one.

(Name unknown)

Human

7 years.

Strength 3

Agility 4

Constitution 4

Intellect 6

 

Vitamins are administered in minimal doses.

The effect of an unknown virus on the body. Analyzing ...

The analysis failed.

At the moment, the virus is harmless to the host.

The effect of the virus on the body in the future is unknown.

- Wow! Connie admired again with her mouth open, eyes wide.

Messages were drawn directly in the air in the form of a hologram. The effect of words forming was really beutiful, like clouds in the air are being form in words, it looked really cool.

- Wait, why isn't the name known? My name is Connie! - she protested.

The hologram was immediately corrected.

Connie

Human...

- Hehe, that's better. Connie said contentedly.

She wanted to hug and thank her new dad, such a gift was really amazing. No smartphones can match this.

2