Chapter 1
231 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 - A savior

The sun was shining beautifully during this day, the bird were chirping, and the rays of the sun were hitting the glass plane of a grade school. Yet some unfortunate events seem to be happening at the moment...

"Hey! Dandebitch is wearing a shoe with no sole on it!"

"What..? Is that legit? I can't believe I'm going to school with a homeless person haha!"

"That's so gross, you should just go home or you'll dirty the classroom, that's also only if you even have a home though."

A little girl was being bullied in this classroom during a period wherein the teacher is still in the work area, presumably still preparing class materials as it was still in between periods. That's why there's no one to supervise the students right now and these kids are free to do whatever they want.

Though there are student officers present as of the moment, no one wants to stand up to these 3 bullies currently harassing this poor girl. No one even tried to bat an eye and simply looked away when those bullied uttered those apathetic remarks. The fact that these 3 bullies are also a year older and much taller than their other peers does not help at all.

The bullies even decided to take it a step further...

"Oy Aberto, give me that milk carton over there, I'm gonna pour it on her head."

"Are you serious, Francis?"

"Yeah, what's there to fuss about? What's she gonna do? Go to a homeless shelter?"

"Haha, you're right. As if this poor shit could afford to go against us."

Thus, milk was spilled on the poor girl's head, drenching her uniform and painting her black leather shoes white. Her classmates could only sit in horror as they don't want to stand up against those bullies in fear that they would be targeted next.

And yet, the poor girl was just sitting down clutching her fist, wanting to curse the situation she was born in.

'If only I was born to richer parents, if only they worked harder, if only... I was born in a different situation'

However...

'No... no... I can't think of something like that! My parents have worked hard to let me study in a school like this! Yeah, that's right... I can't curse them for something like this'

Just like that, while the poor girl was having thoughts like that, the school bell rung and it was an early suspension due to some heavy rain as the area the school was located in was semi-vulnerable to some levels of flood, but not quite. The school just simply chose to suspend classes early in order to prioritize the health of the students.

The girl ran outside the classroom in a futile attempt to escape from this treatment and when she got out of the classroom and reached the hallways, she decided to simply walk as to try not to garner any attention.

"Hey... isn't that the girl from section F?"

"That must suck huh..."

"Damn, that poor bitch got bullied again, haha! isn't that sad?"

Her batchmates were divided in reactions with some pitying her, others would look at her, and some would even scoff at her.

She decided to endure, to endure, to endure this.

And she kept walking... until she found a place no one could find her. It was a place no one could find her because of the fact that it's raining, which means that it's a place with no roof.

Her clothes started to drench heavily with rain water, mixed with the scent of milk and sweat from walking and running, she started to emit a foul body odor.

Once she arrived in this place where no one could find her, she slumped to her knees with her hands grasping her eyes.

She thought to herself,

'Why...? Why does this keep on happening to me?'

And just like that, she had begun shedding tears.

'I-I... If o-only I was born w-w-with... nnnh, something"

This girl didn't want to be a pushover, she didn't want to be bullied, but she couldn't bring herself to fight back. Why? 

'I have to endure this, even if they beat me down I must keep quiet'

In the girl's eyes, if she were to fight back, she would be expelled as per the school's policies of no fighting, self-defense or not. If she were to report the bullies to a teacher or a faculty member of the school, the bullies would be suspended but it would not stop the bullying, it will only make it worse. That's why she chooses to endure no matter what, even if they spilled milk on her in front of her own classmates and made her the talk of the batch.

'I can't cause problems for mama and papa..'

Just as she strengthened her resolve, it was shattered in mere moments as Francis and his friends found her.

"Oy, isn't that Dandebitch?"

"You're right, maybe this is her home! Haha"

"Haha you're right Aberto, but she looks kinda sad right?"

The  bullies looked at Francis in confusion, as they were wondering if Francis seriously had compassion for this girl after he poured milk on her head just a while ago. 

The girl was confused as well, she didn't know how to react as this is the first time Francis has been nice to her in a long time.

Maybe, Francis was just acting...

"Don't you guys think we should hand her an umbrella?"

"Hmm.. Yeah sure why not, I have one spare"

"Okay, thanks Aberto!"

Right after Francis flashed an innocent smile to Aberto...

He threw the umbrella to the other side of street and threw some money on the ground before stepping on it.

"What? Do you seriously think I'd give you an umbrella? Here's some of my pocket money, so that maybe you could afford to buy a sandwich for tomorrow or something."

"Oy Francis, that's my umbrella, don't be an asshole and give it back."

"What? Don't talk to be like that or I'll knock you out."

"Ha?"

Tensions were rising until,

"Tsk, it's already dirty and besides, it's on the other side of the street, I'll just buy you a new one tomorrow."

"Fine then."

As time went on while they were fighting, she realized that as it rained, the water started to seep into her back and into her notebooks. She wanted to study hard for her parents and would jot down notes and listen well to the teacher all the time, but her family could barely afford new notebooks again. If she asked her parents, it would be replaced in a few days but she couldn't afford to wait that long as she was the type that couldn't listen properly in class unless she was writing down notes. When she realized this and it dawned on her, she accidentally blurted out,

"Oh no..."

The 3 bullies forgot she existed until the made a noise again and they noticed she was worried about her bag. While the tension from a while ago had already left, some of it lingered and they decided to direct it at the girl.

"Francis, Aberto, wanna check what's in her bag? She looks so worried it's kinda funny!"

"Damn Mikey is such a weirdo for laughing at the weirdest times, but that's got me interested in the bag too."

"Yeah me to0"

As the 3 bullies were about to reach for her bag, the poor girl could only shut her eyes in hopes that they would just go away...

"Hey!"

Yelled the boy dressed in a bright yellow mink over a white custom mini 3-piece suit with white crocodile skin mules with a yellow gold emblem on top of his shoes to match his suit and mink. And yet, he wasn't wet by the rain because someone else was carrying a jet black umbrella 

'Isn't that guy about the same age as me?! How is he wearing those kinds of things... especially under this rain. Is he stupid?'

These were the thoughts that lingered in the girl's mind as she saw this ridiculous sight.

"Francis, Aberto, Mikey! What are you doing here?"

The 3 bullies looked at the boy who called out to them and said,

"Ah, Aberto and I were gonna look at this girl's bag because Mikey thought it would be funny."

"I see, but I heard your chauffer is already calling for you."

"Oh thanks Ulysses, we forgot about that! Haha!"

And just like that, the bullies left. Without a fight, without any arguments, they just left because of the words, which weren't even threatening, of this rich kid named Ulysses. 

The girl just sat there dazzled as to what happened, those bullies who no one could stand up to, just left because this person talked to them. While she kept these thoughts to herself almost zoning out, Ulysses decided to flash a smile and said,

"Wanna be friends?"

'What? Is this guy serious? And what's up with that weird smile? I swear he's not even that handsome... but I just couldn't understand his personality!'

"Uhm... Hello?  I wanna hang out with you starting now."

'Is... Is he ordering me?! I seriously don't understand! And he has a butler holding his umbrella for him who isn't even faced at all at how weird this person is!'

The girl decided to take a gulp before responding to this strange person,

"U-um... are you serious about being friends with me? I mean, people might avoid you.."

"People? Like who?"

"M-my batchmates..."

"I don't even go to your school"

...

silence.

The girl looked at him dumbfounded and thought again,

'He's right, why did I even bring that up?'

"Anyway, I don't care about your response but I'll start hanging out with you tomorrow then instead of today, I think it's better if you go home and rest first that way you have enough energy to hangout with me tomorrow."

As Ulysses uttered that, he bent down and started wiping all the milk and grime present in the girl's face using his own designer handkerchief. After doing so, he asked,

"My name is Ulysses, what's yours?"

"A-ah, my name is Dandelion."

"Like the flower? That's such a cool name! Nice to meet you and see you soon!"

Just like that, Ulysses just stood up paying no mind to Dandelion and even forgetting to give her an umbrella, he entered his luxury car to be chauffeured god knows where.

And so, with this faithful encounter, Dandelion gained a friend.

Little did she know, by involving herself with this person, she enters a life filled with joys and tears. Thus, she snapped out of her zone and decided,

'Yeah, I really need to leave, my clothes are soaked and papa's gonna kill me..."

 

Would you like me to post chapters bi-weekly or monthly?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
1