Those to Love
215 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mio is sitting on the dining chair, in front of plates of fried rice that she served for her, Misao and Shido. As she sat down, and awaited for the both of them she begins to contemplate on why did Shido seem so hesitant facing her in a battle.

Then she remembered Misao saying that Shido is basically simping for maids, like Mio who is one. If she was never a maid to begin with, would that change how Shido see her? She should ask this when Shido came down.

"Ah, Mio-San? Dinner's ready, it seems...? Why are you staring onto space like that?"

"Ah, Master? I just wanted to talk to you about that."

"About what?"

"The way you treat me, that is. You treated me more caringly than the rest of the six of them. If I was never a maid to begin with..."

"Then I would look at you in a different light, since you're a vampire? Of course no."

"Why is that, Master?" Mio tilted her head.

"I think it just runs in the family. My father, as said by a lawyer back then is a womanizer, and is easily smitten by beautiful women. However I kinda differ a bit, since I showed little interest with the six of them... I think it's because..."

Shido paused, and Mio asked him again, "Because, Master...?"

"I think... It's because you're possibly the most beautiful girl I have ever met in my life, that I started to act like that."

"Why so?"

"Mom told me, after Dad met her for the first time, he threw away all the other girls that he liked previously aside and in the end, it's all history after he defeated your previous Count."

"I... I see."

A moment of silence enshrouds the dining room, until Misao, in her huntress attire, barged in after having just reached the house.

"Dinner ready yet-- What did you just do to Shido-Kun?"

"I haven't done anything, Kusaka-Sama."

"Don't lie to me, Vampire. You should know that my superiors said that you had a huge bounty on your head, and it's just because Shido-Kun doesn't want you to die... That I resisted the urge to exterminate you."

"Misao, enough! At any point, now, tomorrow, the day until tomorrow, heck! Even if I die, Do not lay a finger on her!"

"Why are you defending her, Shido-Kun!? Isn't she one of those that you keep hunting down? What if one day she may break our truce, kill the six of us, and turn you into her personal... Blood bank!"

"Kusaka-Sama..."

"Enough, Misao! This conversation is over!" Shido stood up, both hands slamming the table as he did so. Afterwards he recoiled, and held them in pain.

The both of them then reached for Shido out of concern, however as their eyes met Misao quickly grabbed her by the apron, and tried to hit her in the face using her right hand.

"If only you never appeared in his life, maybe he wouldn't be in pain right now! He only needs me, and only me!"

Mio grunted in pain as the punch landed, and she tried to kick the huntress away which succeeded and the both of them ran outside.

"Ah! Both of you, wait!"

The both of them stopped at a 4-way intersection in the streets, and both faced each other.

"Kusaka-Sama--"

"Refrain from calling me by that name, Vampire. I had enough of your existence! Mochizuki Mio, Return that life to the God!"

Misao then threw one of her silver daggers, and Mio raised her right hand before clenching it close. Time stopped, and Mio walked around the flying dagger, and after she is a few feet away from Misao, she resumed time.

"I don't want to face you, Kusaka-Sama. Please, you'll just sadden Master even more!"

Misao chuckled, not surprised at the vampire who just blinked in front of her, totally losing her ability to reason. She opened her mouth, to answer Mio.

"Sadden!? Why would he!? Because I exterminated a vampire, something that the both of us had hunted these past few weeks, months!?"

"No... You just didn't understand his heart..."

"Oh, I do understand it very damn well!"

Misao then motioned her hand back, and the dagger turned around and flew back to her like a boomerang. Mio widened her eyes and looked behind her to see the incoming blade aimed towards her heart. A flash then blinded the both girls, as a figure jumped into the projectile's way.

When they realized it, the figure already landed flat on the ground, with the dagger caught with his two hands. Shido has caught it, the way a goalkeeper catches an incoming shot.

"Master...!"

"Shido-Kun...!"

"Both of you, stop it already!"

The both of them froze upon hearing his shouting. They lowered their stances, and Shido stood up before giving a slap to both Mio and Misao in their cheeks, before pulling the  both of them closer into a group hug.

"I may have loved Mio-San the most... But I loved the rest of you as well! That's what differ me from Dad!"

"Master..."

"So please! Stop this pointless fighting... And go home. Mio=San has never hurt an innocent human before unlike the vampires that we have fought so far! That's the final reason why I don't want to kill her! She is different than the ones we usually fought!" Shido shouted between sobs.

"Master... How did you know I never killed innocents?"

"Your look on your eyes, and your aura, like most vampires do give out when I have identified them is not like them... Who like you said, Mio-San... Have succumbed to bloodlust."

Mio's heart throbbed, as a surge of warmth went up to her face and she hugged Shido back. Misao on the other hand, growled lowly before calming down and returned the hug reluctantly. After a couple of seconds passed they released the group hug, and went home, carrying Shido on their shoulders.

In the distance, The rest of the girls witnessed the entire scene, hiding in cardboard boxes in front of an "Unused Stuff" area. Shinki looked at her camera, and chuckled.

"This can go into the book."

"I envy them..."

"So do I, Nee-Chan."

"Ehh~ At least they resolved it peacefully, and we all know that Shido-Kun loved us all!"

"True, that." Mia finished, as she munched on a piece of jerky.


Shido walks out of his bedroom after a yawn and some stretches. He took a quick shower, and dressed himself up for the Sunday to practice the violin like usual. Before that, he wants to have breakfast first. He went downstairs to the living room and was met with

"SURPRISE!" The seven girls sprung out and shouted, except for the Twins, Mio and Mia. Akane is nonchalantly blowing on a party kazoo, while Akari is just there crossing her arms. Mia's expression is blank when she shouted those words.

"You... You girls? What are you doing?"

"Since you finally confessed that you loved us all, Shido-Kun... We might as well celebrate today, since it's Sunday!" Megumi explained, supported by a nodding Shinki.

"E....EEEEHHH!?"

And that Sunday's Violin Practice is cancelled thanks to the Seven of them.

7