Chapter 28: Battling the wolves
3k 2 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Hello everyone, hope you are doing well. 

Today's chapter. Enjoy.

Thank for reading. Y'all the best.


Leo was planning to dive in the middle of the pack and fight the wolves head-on. That was his initial idea. Nothing was better than a good old brawl to take care of an issue such as the one he was facing. However, after seeing Celia display, he decided to do like her and fight with magic first. He would try to thin the pack a little before diving in.

'Let's try Shadow spike.' He had already used Shadow ball so he was curious about the power of his other attacking spell.

Looking at the wolves that had already regained their bearings and were once again charging toward him, Leo proceeded to cast shadow spike. The casting process was as smooth as when he cast a shadow ball and in an instant, the skill was completed. Two shadow spikes then rose and impaled two gale wolves at the front of the pack.

'2' Leo muttered, satisfied with the power shown by the shadow spike. The speed and power of the shadow spike were greatly improved. It was shown by how easily it went through the defense of the two wolves and killed them. His casting range also increased. Now, he could freely cast shadow spikes in a 10 meters radius around himself.

Just as he was about to choose another target to continue his killing spree he felt something coming from the side. Without hesitation, he dodged and an instant later an invisible projectile hit the place where he was standing and created a deep gash on the ground. 

'What was that? Already using magic?' Leo thought as he looked for the source of the attack. However, before he could find his attacker he felt danger once again. When he looked in front of him, he saw five gale wolves launching the same attack toward him. 

'A wind blade?' He muttered as he was able to see the attack clearly this time. It was a mass of wind that was shaped like a crescent blade. It looked incredibly sharp and Leo could almost see the glimmer of its edge under the weak light of the sunset.

'Trying to overwhelm me.' He snorted as he cast two shadow balls toward one of the wolves that were attacking him before quickly dodging the five wind blades.

'3' Unlike him, the wolf he targeted could only dodge one shadow ball and was killed by the other one. However, before he could rejoice, he saw another salvo of wind blades flying toward him. Quickly, he once again dodged.

'Damn.' He cursed as he was once again forced to dodge. The wolves seemed keen on taking his head and attacked him relentlessly.  Without rest, they kept sending blade after blade his way.

Thanks to his inhumane agility, Leo was able to easily avoid all the attacks. However, he wasn't too pleased by the direction the fight was taking and couldn't help but want to tank the wind blade. However, when he saw the deep gash left on the ground by the wolves' attacks, Leo convinced himself to do otherwise.

Even with earth armor, he wasn't keen on finding what was harder between his body and the ground. Also, it wasn't a bad idea to avoid getting injured.

From then on, Leo focused his mind on dodging and only attacked when he was able to find an opening. Like that, he kept going back and forth with the wolves. Dancing between the wind blades while occasionally reaping a life or two. 

'7. Finally.' He muttered when he felt that Celia was going to attack once again. It has already been half a minute since the fight started and she hadn't acted again after using her first skill. If she hadn't acted, Leo was thinking of using his other skill to put an end to this joke. The only reason he kept using his shadow skills from the beginning was due to the feeling of being watched by something and the fact he was unwilling to expose too much of his hand.

'Fire hail ' Leo heard her say and the sky was filled with twenty or so fireballs. Each fireball was as big as a fist and was made of the same blue fire that the arrows were made of.

'Another big move?' Leo thought as he saw Celia point her finger at the wolf pack and made fire rain on them. Unlike her fire arrows, this spell was less accurate and the power carried by each fireball was reduced. However, it affected a bigger area and still inflicted a big deal of damage to the wolves. While it wasn't a one-shot one-kill move, it was still an impressive move and it created a massive disturbance amidst the pack. Currently, almost all the wolves that were rushing toward them were struggling against the fire or trying to evade it.

'Nice move.' Leo thought as he looked at the pack that was completely thrown in chaos. Even the wolves that were attacking Leo previously stopped doing so, allowing Leo to do as he pleased.

"Is everything alright?" Leo asked as he looked at Celia who was panting lightly.

"Yeah, don't worry about me. Focus on those guys." Celia said as he straightened her back and pointed at the wolves.

"Leave it to me." Naturally, Leo wasn't one to miss such an opportunity. Turning toward the wolves, he started spamming shadow balls and shadow spikes like crazy. Even though he focused on the rank D individual, each of his attacks was able to easily reap a wolf's life. At the same time, many of the weak wolves were dying, burned by Celia fire. With the combined efforts of Leo and Celia, the casualty sustained by the pack quickly reached a staggering level. If it wasn't because of the wolf king, Leo was sure that all those wolves would have already fled.

'12.' he muttered as he looked at the pack that was already turning into a shadow of its former self.

At that moment, he heard the howl of the wolf king and saw the remaining of the pack retreat. Afterward, the whole clearing was filled with strong gusts of winds that put Celia's fire out. 

'It had enough, uh.' Leo understood what was happening two berserk wolves left the side of the wolf king and rushed toward him. Since the beginning of the fight, the wolf king and the seven peak rank D surrounding him stood by the side and never made a move. They probably thought that they could overwhelm Leo and Celia with numbers. However, when almost half of their pack was wiped in less than a minute, those wolves couldn't keep their calm anymore. Now that they failed to win with their number, they wanted to win using the peak rank D.

'You are the first then.' Leo grinned as he set his sight on one of the two berserk wolves that were speeding toward him. Opening his mouth slightly, he threw a shadow ball toward him, and without much surprise, he was able to dodge. However, just as he reached his new location, a shadow spike rose under him forcing him to dodge once again. 

'Got you.' Leo grinned as another shadow spike fell from the sky. Since he was still in the process of dodging the previous spike, he was left with no choice but to tank this one. Unfortunately for him, this spike was made from the combination of three shadow spikes and was thus able to easily break through his defense and pin him on the ground. 

'13.' Leo muttered happily before turning toward the second wolf who was staring at his companion's corpse with disbelief. He was unable to understand how Leo was able to kill him so easily. It was a peak rank D after all and Leo was a mere rank D.

After witnessing the death of his companion he became cautious and stopped charging foolishly at Leo. The wolf knew that he would be unable to defeat Leo if he was alone, he would be the one losing his life instead. So he decided to wait for help before resuming his charge.  Unfortunately for him, he had already forfeited his life the moment he charged at Leo. 

Leo had no intention of letting things go the wolf's way. Activating dash, he rushed toward the wolf and reached it in an instant. The wolf who was guarding against Leo's skills was surprised when Leo suddenly charged at him and was unable to react properly. Making use of this opportunity, Leo caught the wolf and sank his fangs in its throat before reaping it off.

'14' Leo muttered as the wolf's body fell on the ground and its blood splashed everything around him. 

'What will you do now?' He thought as he looked at the wolf king whose fury was now clearly visible.

54