Chapter 30: The wolf king (2)
1.1k 7 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ole.'  Leo said as he quickly dodged to the side. Immediately after, the wolf king appeared where he was standing and slashed the empty air. 

'That f*ker is surely powerful.' Leo muttered as he glanced at the deep tears the wolf king's claws left on the ground. 

With that attack, the wolf king was able to easily create 10 cm deep tears in the ground, sending grass and dirt flying around and crushing the earth into pieces.

'Tsk.' Leo immediately made a shadow spike rise under the wolf king, trying to stab him. However, without too much surprise, the wolf king easily avoided the shadow spike, making Leo scowl in discontentment.

'This is going to be annoying.' Leo muttered as he moved back and avoided a bite from the wolf king. Before the wolf king could withdraw, Leo had already stepped forward and slashed the wolf king three times.

Clang... The sound of steel clashing sounded in the clearing as Leo's claws slashed the wolf's fur which was hard as steel. 

Howl. Howling violently, the wolf pounced on Leo and the two started a violent tussle. Turning into two streaks of light, the two monsters exchanged countless moves in a second. 

'Seems like a melee fight won't solve the problem.' Leo thought as the two of them retreated. Standing in front of him was the wolf king who was covered in cuts and blood. Meanwhile, Leo, while not unscathed, only suffered minor injuries and was obviously in a better state than the wolf. 

[Unfortunately, it won't.] Luxia said can't.

[Violent Wind Wolf King:

HP: 20050/21000]

'His body isn't that strong, but the wind surrounding him is a pain.' Leo thought as his lips twitched a little after seeing how little damage he did after attacking more than a hundred times.

Each of his strikes had enough power to kill a normal rank D but now they could barely break through the wind barrier surrounding the wolf king.

'I should definitely get some melee skills after this.' Leo thought as he glared at the wolf king.

'Let's try once again. I don't believe you can keep your barrier forever.' He grinned as he once again moved forward and pounced on the wolf, trying to bite its neck while casting a shadow spike behind him. 

However, the wolf king had other plans, just as Leo reached the wolf king, he felt an imminent threat. 

Startled, he tried to step back and dodge. Unfortunately, before he could react, a violent sphere of wind appeared around the wolf king, and Leo was blasted back.

'Argh,' Leo screamed as his back slammed violently against a tree and he fell on the ground gasping for air. Luckily for him, his earth armor took the brunt of the attack and he only felt some pain, leaving him without any injuries.

'******.' He cursed as he threw himself to the side, clumsily avoiding a cluster of ten wind blades flying toward him.

'Fuck, how come I don't have any move like this.' Leo watched with cold sweat as the wind blade reached the place where he fell and shredded everything in its path.

"Leo, you alright?" Leo heard Celia who was fighting with some wolves asked worriedly. Glancing at her, he saw her gracefully dodge a wind blade and burn another wolf to crisp.

"Hum, don't worry. It is but a scratch." Leo said before turning toward the wolf king who seemed a little tired after having to use two big moves in quick succession.

"Ok, if you want to play it like this…..." He muttered as he activated dash and charged at the wolf king once again. Without hesitation, the wolf king too rushed toward him. In an instant, the two closed the distance between them and reached each other's melee range. At that moment, Leo grinned at the wolf in front of him and violently stomped on the ground. 

[Earth shattering stomp: Lv1/5

Create a shockwave that shatters the ground and blasts everything in a 5 meters radius around you in the air. Opponents in the range of attack receive damage equal to 200% of your magic damage. There is a probability for the target to be stunned.

Cost: 1500 MP, 400 Stamina

Cooldown: 5 min]

BOOM. The moment Leo stomped on the ground, the whole clearing shook violently, and with Leo as the center, cracks rapidly spread on the ground along with a violent shockwave. Finally, the area five meters around Leo collapsed, and debris along with dust were sent flying through the air. 

Awoo. Caught by surprise, the wolf let out a violent and angry howl as he was sent flying. As he was too close to Leo when he cast his skill, the wolf was unable to defend himself properly and had to take the full brunt of the attack head-on. 

Leo, taking advantage of the fact that the wolf king was now mid-air and unable to dodge, cast a full-powered shadow spike and sent it flying toward him.

Psssh, in an instant, Leo's shadow spike reached the airborne wolf king and pierced deeply into its underbelly, making blood rain on the ground below.

(A/N: Currently, he can cast three shadow spikes simultaneously, and for each additional spike, the cost would be doubled. Meaning for one spike he would use 70 MP, for two 140, and three 280. One shadow spike can deal 130% of magic damage. Also, he can fuse the spike and deal more damage with a single. For each additional spike, the power of the skill would increase by 50% of the original damage. Meaning 2 fused spikes will deal 195% magic damage and 3 fused spikes will deal 260% magic damage. Last detail, the fusion isn't free, to fuse two spikes, he would use 280 MP, for three 560 MP. Casting cost and fusing cost are independent. In all, the most powerful shadow spike would cost 840 MP and deal 260% magic damage.)

Boom. Another loud sound filled the forest, as the wolf king fell on the ground and created another crater.

'Tsk, it wasn't enough to kill him, uh. Well, the damage I dealt is already good.' Leo, who was catching his breath, grinned with satisfaction as he looked at the bloodied wolf who was struggling to stand up in the middle of the crater. 

Taking advantage of the cover of the dust, Leo continued his attack and cast a shadow ball, before hurling it straight at the wolf's eyes.

In an instant, the shadow ball crossed the short distance between Leo and the wolf. However, just as it was about to strike the wolf's eyes, he moved his massive head and managed to dodge at the last moment.

Unfortunately, before it could sigh in relief, he felt another threat and hurriedly jumped to the left, successfully evading a shadow spike coming from his right and another coming from below him.

'Tsk, those reflexes are really something else.' Leo snorted as he saw how easily the wolf king was able to evade his attack. Even in such a poor state, it could move like that.

'Unfortunately for you, it won't be enough.' Leo smirked as two toxic balls appeared before him and were hurled at the wolf king and landed on his previous injury.

Sizzle... The sound of sizzling flesh filled the clearing as the flesh of the wolf king started rapidly melting under the effect of the toxic ball. 

Unfortunately for him, that was not the end of his suffering. Before it could even regain his bearing, Leo once again hurled a shadow ball at his eyes. 

While the wolf king was able to dodge the first shadow ball, it was unable to dodge the second one and the toxic ball that followed closely behind.

Woohoo. A deafening and pained howl was let out as the wolf once again suffered grievous injury. 

'Ha, that's some insane vitality uh. But it won't help you. You are just prolonging your own suffering. ' Leo muttered, impressed by the wolf king's resistance. He has to be as, despite all those attacks, the wolf king was still alive and was still able to stand up.

'Better end this now, I don't need him pulling some last breath stunt on me. Cornered prey is the most dangerous.' Leo muttered as a dark green fog quickly spread around him and the wolf king.

[Poison cloud: Lv 1/5

Release a poison cloud that covers an area with a radius of 10 meters. You can freely switch the effect of the poison. Current effect available( Paralysis, Corrosion.) The more mana you expand, the stronger the effect of the poison. 

Current damage limit: 150% magic damage each second.

Duration: 5 seconds ]

This was one of the skills he obtained from the Fire snake. It was an extremely powerful that could deal 150% poison damage each second when used at max capacity. However, it was an extremely expensive skill that needed a ton of mana to show its full potential. Also, as it is an area of effect skill, the effect would only be maximized if the target stayed inside the skill's range. 

And nobody with a sane mind would willingly stay inside a poisonous area if they could escape. Thus, one could spend a ton of mana and barely deal a second worth of damage. 

For Leo, it wasn't worth using it unless when the situation is favorable.

Just like now. With the wolf king heavily wounded and restrained by Leo, he was unable to do anything but glare at Leo while being poisoned.

In an instant, the health of the wolf king that was already declining started falling more quickly. At that speed, he would die in a few seconds or a minute at most.

Sensing his imminent demise, the wolf seemed to enter a frenzied state and unleashed all kinds of deadly wind attacks at Leo. 

'Hehe.' Snickering at the wolf, Leo dodged most of the wind blades and continued to attack the wolf king.

Meanwhile, the wolves hearing the pained roar of their alpha seemed to enter a frenzied state too and rushed toward the two fighters. 

Unfortunately for them, the area surrounding Leo and the wolf king already turned into a hazardous area filled with poison. 

Each wolf that stepped into that area died before they could support their alpha. As for those that were able to hold their own, namely the remaining peak rank D bodyguards of the wolf king, Leo ruthlessly killed them before they could interfere in the fight.

As for the wolf king, he wasn't faring better than his subordinates. The blood dripping from the wolf started to turn black and his breath turned more ragged. If it was before, the wolf may have been able to resist Leo's poison. However, in its current state, he couldn't offer any kind of resistance. 

'Well, it was easy.' Leo sighed as he watched the once-mighty wolf king fall on the ground, his limbs unable to bear his weight.

[Ding…]

'Easy money...Sweet money..'

38