Chapter 36: New skills
983 2 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Name: Leo

Race: Winged Atlas Lion

Rank: D

Bloodline: Advanced

Title: Reincarnated, Forest King, Pride Leader, ???

Status: Happy, Recovering, Slightly tired

Level: 11/ 15

Exp: 800/11000

HP:37600

MP:60800

Stamina: 15040

CONS: 100=> 327 (49)

STR: 95=> 357 (53)

AGI: 89=> 368 (92)

INT: 93=> 317 (63)

SPI: 75=> 191 (38)

CHA: 24=> 94

LUK: 15=> 15

AP: 50=> 130

SP: 43=> 70

Skills: 

General: Weak poison resistance Lv5

Rank E: Dash Lv5

Rank D: Shadow spike Lv4, Iron Claws Lv4, Poison cloud Lv2, Toxic ball Lv1, Earth armor Lv3, Fly Lv1

Rank C: Wind steps Lv1, Shadow travel Lv1, Fatal strike Lv1, Ethereal presence Lv1, Poison bite Lv1, Elemental conversion Lv1

Shadow Cat: Shadow cloak Lv4, Shadow Body Lv3, Shadow Ball Lv4

Winged Atlas Lion: Dominating Presence Lv1, Earth Shattering Stomp Lv1, Intermediate health regeneration Lv2, Mighty Bite Lv2, Basic sand manipulation Lv2, Sand summoning Lv1, Cursed Riddle Lv1, Spirit Tongue Lv1, Earth guard Lv1, Elemental perception Lv1, Quicksand Lv1

???????: ####### Lv Max

Talent: Quick Learner, Innate hunter, Wise Spirit, Intermediate Physique Enhancement, Swift, Shadow dweller, Night Prowler, Toxic genius

Element: Shadow, Poison, Earth, Sand, Wind

Resistance: Poison: 17%

Currency: 100 gold

SC: 80380

Remark: You have proved that you are worthy of stepping on the path to greatness. However, beware as it is also a path of endless struggling and suffering. Never relent or you will end up falling to those walking that same path. ]

"Hey, I truly went a long way, uh." Leo said as he looked at his status with pride. 

He was still having a hard time believing how powerful he managed to become in such a short time. I mean, a day ago, he was struggling to kill a bunch of rabbits, and now…

Well, with how powerful he was feeling right now, he would dare to say that if he were to face the wolf king right now, he wouldn’t need more than three moves to kill him. And that is if he didn’t use any of his skills.

He was on a completely different level compared to the defenseless cat he was when he first popped up in this world.  Even though he was far from the apex, he believed that he at least had enough power to keep himself alive and confidently think about his future.

"And that was all thanks to the system." He muttered, aware of the role the system was playing in his rapid growth. 

If the system hadn’t offered him such a convenient way to gain power, he would probably be scurrying in some cave and hunting some small critters right now. Heck, he may have been unable to escape the orcs’ dwelling and still be playing hide and seek with them.

While he believed that he could have somehow managed to rise even without the system, he wasn’t about to underestimate how dangerous this world truly was. God knew what he would have to go through before he could reach his current level or what kind of unfortunate events could have cut his path short. So, yes, it was truly nice to have a tool that could help him avoid going through all of that. 

Though the system was to thank for making things easier for him, he knew that it was up to him to do his best and get the most benefits he could out of the system. For example, his level only accounted for a little of his power. The biggest part of his power came from absorbing the bloodlines’ of the strong foes he defeated.

"Fighting stronger opponents is truly the way to go, not only can I quickly improve but it is also fulfilling. Yeah, it is certainly a good experience to be the one on the stage, tearing apart creatures that could destroy whole cities. And above all, the euphoria that comes with the increase in power. I am enjoying this all."

[Chuckle, I hope you aren't satisfied with just that. I can assure you that there is much more waiting for you. From the moment you obtained the system, your fate became something greater than you could ever imagine.] Luxia said.

"Oh, don’t worry, I am far from being satisfied with this. Even if I was, I wouldn’t stop. I don’t think that the meager power I currently hold can protect me forever. Neither could it protect me once I am to face whatever reason is behind my coming into this world." Leo said with a chuckle.

[Why are you convinced that there is some kind of conspiracy behind your reincarnation? It could be just fate doing its things.]

"Don’t get me wrong, I believe in reincarnation. I am extremely happy about this chance I got. Anyone would."

"The problem is, I don’t believe in getting reincarnated with the memory of your past life and even receiving a super-powerful all-purpose system as a bonus. And for nothing. There is no free meal in this universe. Add to that the fact that the system isn’t granting me access to the description of some of my titles and skills." Leo said calmly.

"You know what? Actually, I am more willing to believe that I am a character inside a book than to believe that none is pulling the strings behind my back."

[What kind of nonsense are you talking about?  Anyway, I can swear to you that you and the system were truly fated. Nobody has a hand in you receiving it. As for your reincarnation… Well, you will learn when the time is right,  I too don't understand everything about it.]

"You see, that is already better than denying it straight away. Thank you for being honest with me."

[Just remember, no matter why you were reincarnated, this is your life, you have to spend it as you want. Don’t end up wasting it because you are trying to get ready for a fight that may never come.]

"I always planned to enjoy my life. Anyway, I am sure that to be able to enjoy myself and be without concern, I would need to become crazy powerful." Leo said.

[I am glad to know that.] 

"Anyway, you are becoming more and more human. Should I worry about you trying to overtake my body, one day?" Leo said with a smile.

[Nah, I am not interested. Unless you disappoint me too much or start building a crystal palace.] Luxia said.

"Ha, I am sure I won’t disappoint you. As for the crystal palace, well I am a Lion and you know, well we are pretty amorous creatures."

[What did I expect? Now, shut up and check the skills you received.]

"Ha-ha, don’t worry. I will keep it small. Anyway, it isn’t like I am going to run around with just that in mind." Leo chuckled.

[You better remember that.]

"Yeah. Let’s see how good those skills are then." Leo said as a floating window appeared in front of him.

[Basic wind manipulation: Lv1/10

You are able to gather, shape and control wind elemental energy as you wish.  

Additional effect: All your wind-related skills’ powers are increased by 15%.

Cost: Variable]

The description of this skill was quite straightforward and plain but Leo knew that it didn’t make justice to the true potential of this skill. 

Of all the skills he owned, the elemental manipulations were certainly the ones he liked the most and that was because they were the skills that granted him the greatest amount of freedom.

With them, he could do anything he wanted as long as he could think of it.

Meanwhile, with the other skills he could only make some change, he could never change the essence of the skills.

For example, when casting shadow spikes, he could change the number of shadow spikes he would create, the power of the spikes, their size, and many other things. However, no matter how many things he changed, he would still be casting shadow spikes at the end of the day. Also, if he tried to modify the skill too much, he would end up failing to cast it.

On the other hand, with an elemental manipulation skill like wind manipulation, he could directly manipulate the elemental energy and create a variety of tricks. He could create a mere gust of wind, throw blade wind around or bring forth a devastating storm. 

The only things limiting Leo when using such a skill were the level of the skill itself and his imagination. 

Firstly, the level of the skill would determine the load the skill could bear. So, he would need to get the spell to a higher level if he wanted to gather more elemental energy, create spells with more complex effects or bend the elemental energy into more complex shapes.

For example, he may already have the quicksand skill and be able to use it. However, he would be unable to reproduce its effects through his sand manipulation because the skill level was too low.

Though that wasn’t really a limitation as he could easily level up the skill as long as he spent some skill points.

As for imagination, well it was pretty self-explanatory as he could only do what he could think about or understand. The wilder his imagination was, the crazier the things he could do with his power.

From a certain point of view, that could be considered true magic.

Anyway, all that may look pretty good but he still needs to train before being able to seamlessly use it during a fight. Otherwise, he would have to spend a long time casting simple spells like the sand spear. And that was anything but practical. 

Something worthy to note though was that he could only bend elements he summoned himself and was unable to directly bend the wind that was already around him. Maybe he would be able to do it once his level was high enough. 

[Wind steps: Lv1/10 

Cover your body with wind energy and become as light as a feather and as swift like the wind. Increase your speed by 100%. When active, your steps become completely silent.

Cost: 100 MP/sec]

"Such a powerful speed enhancement. It can double my already impressive speed and even better is the effect of the silent steps. I should be able to deal some good damage if I charge into anything with my current speed." Leo chuckled happily as he looked through the skill description.

As a believer of the supremacy of speed, how could he not be happy? He would take anything that can enhance his speed with pleasure. The quicker he was, the better it was.

[Shadow jump: Lv1/10

You have touched upon the door of the shadow realm. You can teleport between shadows. You can only move to shadow in a five meters range around you. Your speed increases by 50% while moving out of a shadow.

Cost: 300 MP per jump]

"That should be the skill the panther used to sneak on me. With this, I will not be surprised if some people are afraid of their shadow." Leo thought as he remembered the attack that almost killed him. Imagine what would have happened if he had his guard down at that moment.

Noiseless, unexpected, and fast, that was how dangerous that attack was. You can’t defend against something like that unless you are always on your guard or always have someone watching your back.

"I don’t think there won’t be a way to guard against it though. Otherwise, everybody in this world would have become paranoiac."

[Fatal strike:

Unleash all your might and deal a fatal strike to your enemy. That strike ignores 50% of your target defense and deals 350% of physical damage.

Cost: 10000 MP]

'Well….'

[I guess I am feeling pity for your enemy now.] Luxia said as she understood how outrageous the power of Leo had just become.

"The combo of shadow jump, fatal strike, and the first strike bonus from hunter. That is like 700% of damage and it ignores 50% of defense to the boot. If anyone can survive this, they will have my absolute respect. " Leo said with an insane grin on his face. 

" I should be able to kill a B rank with this, right?" 

[Don’t get ahead of yourself. Don’t try something so foolish unless you want to die.]

"The gap can’t be that big, right?"

[It is. After rank C, you become a high-rank being. At that point, it is more about an enhancement in the quality than one in quantity. I don’t think you can kill one before ranking up. However, keeping your life should be possible. You should try getting more knowledge from the system once you are done.]

"I see. Looks like I have much work waiting for me. Next one then"

[Ethereal presence: Lv1/10

Passive: Your presence is ghostly and elusive. Your enemy will have a hard time grasping your presence and locating you. Ranged attackers’ accuracy is reduced by 10%.

Active: You are able to meld with your surroundings and perfectly hide your presence even while standing in broad daylight.

Cost:200MP/sec]

"That's the kind of skill you’ll expect from a sneaky snake like this. But it is definitely a useful one." 

[Poison bite:

You will deal poison damage when you bite someone.]

[Elemental conversion: Lv1/10

You can temporarily turn a part of your body into an element of your choice and dodge a physical attack. At the skill's current level, only your limbs can enter an elemental state. Receive 50% additional elemental damage while in elemental form.

Cost: 6000 MP           Duration: 2sec]

"This one is good. Could save a life. But well, it is a little dangerous if you are careless." Leo said as he imagined what would happen if anything is on the way when his body is returning to a physical state. It is a good life-saving skill but it has to be used with caution.

"Looks like the panther’s skills have the best affinity with me. As for the snake’s skills, other than ethereal presence,  they are a bit trashy but well I am sure I can get something out of them. Now let’s see the one I gained from leveling." Leo said as another floating window appeared in front of him and he started reading the description of his three new skills.

[Earth guard: Lv1/10

Create a powerful mana shield filled with earth essence around you or your allies. The shield increases your defense by 20 % and has durability equal to 30% of your health.

Cost: 3000 MP            Duration: 5 min]

[Elemental perception: Lv1/10

Your element is an extension of yourself. You have learned to hear its whisper and are now able to perceive the world through it. You can use your element to sense everything in a 50 meters wide area around yourself.

Cost: 50 MP/sec]

[Quicksand: Lv1/10

Trap your enemy into a vicious quicksand that will slowly drag them down and crush them. Inside the quicksand, the following effects will be applied. Agility reduced by 30% and stamina consumption increased by 10%. You can create a quicksand field anywhere in a 10 meter radius around you.

Cost: 1500 MP         Duration: 1 min]

"Hum, that really shows the general tendency of my current species. It is a build more focused on defense and survivability." Leo muttered as he looked at the three skills with satisfaction. 

"With those skills, it can be said that my power has increased on all fronts and I’m ready for most situations. I should be able to do pretty well unless I have to fight someone much stronger than I." Leo said.

"Now to the last part of the harvest."

Hello everyone. Hope y'all doing going today. 

It is a new week and new adventures, and challenges are waiting for Leo. 

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and are having a fun time reading the story this far.

If you have any idea to improve the story or notice a mistake, you can let me know through the comments.

Also please support me by rating the story if you hadn't done it already.

And don't forget to give me some <3.

Thank I'll for reading my story and supporting me daily. 

Wish everyone a good day and a good week. <3

38