Chapter 47: Vs Blake 2
828 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Hello, everyone. Hope you are doing good. 

New week, new challenges, new adventure for Leo. 

Thank you for reading and for all the support you give the novel. 

Enjoy the chapter. Good day. 

Y'all the best.<3

"You are full of surprise." Blake muttered coldly as he looked at Leo, apparently unfazed by his sudden burst. 

Even he was surprised by his lack of reaction despite the absurdity of the situation. Honestly, at this point, very few things mattered to him and could surprise him. Not, after all, he went through tonight. All he wanted right now was to kill the damned beast and the bitch Leila to avenge his companions.

'Though, it is going to be everything but easy.' He muttered with a somber gaze as for the first time, his confidence wavered and he understood that it could be his end tonight. That was how threatening the aura of Leo was.

"Yes, I am always told that." Leo answered as he let his aura out freely.

"Let’s clear the sky a little." He added as he used wind manipulation and cast wind boundary once again. 

WOOOSH. With Leo as the center, a massive amount of wind energy spread, and the expanse of white and cold that was threatening to swallow them was instantly swept away.

"I already knew this was going to happen but it’s still surprising." Blake said with some annoyance as he watched the wind rampaging around him. With this, he knew that Leo reached a level of power not far from his own.

'Well, at least, I managed to force out his trump card, now it will come down to who will last the longest.' Blake thought as he looked at Leo who was already launching an attack.

'Wind Blades.' Leo muttered as he lifted his claws overflowing with wind energy and slashed them in Blake’s direction.

At this sight, Blake's eyes narrowed into sharp silt and he instantly cast a sturdy and thick ice wall to defend himself.

Just as the wall was finished, five long crescent-shaped and extremely sharp wind blades left Leo’s claws and flew toward Blake. 

In an instant, they crossed the not-so-long distance between Leo and Blake.

BANG. Leo’s blades collided with the ice wall and sliced it down like a hot knife going through butter. Still, after going through the wall, they lost most of their powers and scattered as soon as they collided with the shield around Blake.

'Huh!?' Just as he heaved a sigh of relief, Blake’s senses blared and without hesitation, he stomped his feet on the ground, creating an ice pillar that propelled him in the air like a rocket.

Just as he was launched in the air, a massive paw appeared out of nowhere and smashed the place where he was standing.

"What a sharp bastard." Leo said, annoyed to have failed his ambush. Still, he didn’t think much of it and continued to pursue his prey. 

"Let’s see  how good you are in the air." Leo smirked as he spread his wings and bolted toward the airborne Blake. 

Already expecting this situation, Blake wasn’t flustered at all and calmly sent two massive ice boulders flying toward Leo.

"Tsk, I thought powerful spells needed a long cast time. How come he is instantly casting everything left and right." Leo complained as he looked at the two boulders flying at him.

"That is because he has an extremely high elemental affinity and his mana manipulation is top tier. The higher those two things are, the faster a mage can cast his/her spells. Also, he is a wizard, a grimoire cheater bastard." Leila said. 

"I see." Leo said. Though he was curious, he knew it wasn’t the time to ask too many questions. He would have the time to learn all he wants once he dealt with all this. Focusing his attention on the boulder, he easily dodged them.

"That was a good idea but I am a bit too fast for those boulders to threaten me." Leo said as he activated swift and instantly appeared above Blake. Without hesitation, he opened his massive maws and tried to swallow Blake.

"Ice sealing: Speed drain."  Blake yelled quickly as a wave of frost assaulted Leo and slowed him for a second. Taking advantage of that short second, Blake quickly created an ice step in the air and bolted toward the ground to escape Leo.

Unfortunately for Blake, he forgot that he wasn’t fighting Leo alone.

"Explosion." Celia yelled happily as a massive explosion engulfed Blake and rocked the forest. 

'Megumin, is that you?' Leo almost asked as he saw the weird glint in Celia’s eyes when the explosion swallowed Blake. "Though, that spell was really powerful." Leo thought as he watched Blake's badly burnt body that was sent flying like a cannonball. She was the first to land a clean hit on him.

'Shit.' Blake cursed as he almost fainted because of the pain he was feeling. Unfortunately for him, it was far from over. As he was struggling to regain his footing, Leila took advantage and cast a flurry of curses upon him.

"Pain amplification, Soreness, Dizziness, Minor exhaustion, Balance disruption." She cast in a flash. In an instant, Blake's state visibly worsened and he started staggering and his forehead was covered with beads of sweat.

"First lullaby: Mother’s embrace." She said with a vicious smirk on her face.

'That girl is damn scary.' Leo muttered as he looked with pity at Blake who was almost dozing off in the middle of the fight.

'I am indeed lucky to not be fighting against her.' Leo thought as the dozens of sand spears floating around him started spinning quickly and then streaked toward the defenseless Blake.

"ENOUGH." Blake yelled as his aura surged wildly and massive and jagged icicles rose around him and clashed with the sand spears.

"Look like you failed again." Leo mocked Leila as Blake was once again able to extricate himself from the effects of her curses.

"Hmph, you don’t understand anything about the beauty of curse magic. Can’t you see how shaky his aura is? Besides his life force is already dissipating this is but the despairing struggle of a wounded beast." She retorted, rattled by Leo's criticism.

"That guy doesn’t look like someone who is going to die for me though." Leo said as he looked at Blake. All his wounds were healed and his aura was still growing as he stood there looking at them with unmasked hatred. 

"Leviathan, rise." He said as a gigantic column of water rose under him and started to slowly transform into a massive and domineering beast.

It was a 30 meters or so sea serpent completely made of water. It has the head of a dragon and a mouth filled with countless razor-sharp teeth. On its back, along its spinal cord were a row of spikes that didn’t look any less threatening than its teeth-filled jaw. 

As it was summoned, it let out a mighty roar as if to announce its presence to the world. Its presence was so impressive that it seemed to become the center of the forest from the moment it was summoned.

"That is a really nasty beast he summoned here." Leo said with an excited smile on his face. He didn’t know why but the moment the leviathan was summoned, he felt as if something inside him was being challenged, and he couldn’t wait to show it its place.

"Hold on girl." Leo said as he let go of all restraint and clashed against the Leviathan with all his might.

BOOM. BAM. Countless earth-shattering sounds filled the forest as the two titans clashed. The sky was covered with countless colorful lights and the massive trees that stood for countless years were uprooted as skills were cast left and right.

For a whole minute, the two titans fought with complete abandon, ravaging everything on their paths. Still, they were unable to determine a victor.

"Tsk, that is annoying." Leo muttered as he retreated and looked at the Leviathan who was still the same despite the countless skills he unleashed upon it. Each time he destroyed a part of the beast, it would just reconstruct itself as if the damage he dealt didn’t matter at all. Meanwhile, the damage he received wasn’t washed away that easily.

"Though it wasn’t that useless." He said as he looked at the pale-faced Blake who was coughing blood.

"Normal, it’s not a summon. It is a spell he is controlling. And I am sure he had to spend quite a bit of mana to hold it." Leila said. "He is almost done for." 

"Well, it would have been better if I could kill him directly. I am running out of time." Leo said as he once again readied himself to charge at the Leviathan.

However, at that moment, a vicious light and determination flashed through his eyes. "Frozen blood." He said.

As he said those words, Leo suddenly found himself unable to move and fell heavily from the sky. "How." He muttered as he was assaulted by an unprecedented sense of dread and he immediately started struggling to move.

"Fuck, when we were fighting…. The icy air that infiltrated our bodies. That's how." Leila said as she saw Blake cast yet another spell.

"Ice sealing: Frozen chains of eternity." He said and a dozen thick chains surged around Leo. The chains easily broke through his shield and bound him and the girl. As the chains bound them, the trio could feel their power being rapidly drained while their bodies started to slowly freeze. 

"We are done for this time." Celia whined as she saw that even Leo was unable to break free from the chain then at the majestic Leviathan that was crashing toward them. Even if Leo could free himself from the chains, she doubted that he could do so before that thing reached them and she would already be dead by then.

"Hey, sister, don’t let him kill me." Leila suddenly said.

" Who? What are you going to do?" Celia asked curiously.

" Leo. Save my life." She chuckled. 

36