Chapter 51: Ultimate
875 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 51: 

 "Ah, finally some time alone. Time to check my progress this time." Leo muttered as he stretched his back and laid down comfortably.

Without hesitation, he opened his system and started going through the various notifications.

[Ding……… you have killed the rank C warrior Ali. You have received 9000 Exp and 3000 SC]

[Ding……… Congratulations, you have killed a human being for the first time. You have received 15000 Exp and 5000 SC]

[Ding………you have leveled up. Congratulations you have achieved level 12. You have received 10 AP and 4 SP]

"Oh, there was such a thing." Leo muttered as he looked at the bonus Exp he received for his first human kill. "It would seem that all the system’s missions aren’t good to take." He muttered as he remembered the savior 1.0 mission the system once gave him. Though he should have expected this as from what Luxia said, the missions he received would depend on his wish and actions.

Now that he saw how much Exp he could have netted had he killed the two siblings, he couldn’t help but regret and scold himself for his foolishness. 

The mere 1 level he received as a reward for this mission was worth nothing in front of what 15000 Exp could have done for him at that time. Had he obtained that much Exp at that time, many things could have been different. Alas, he was but a naïve and ignorant fool at the time.

"Though, nothing proves that I would have received that much Exp if I did kill them. Maybe the stronger the first human I kill is, the better the bonus is." He comforted himself. 

"Still, no more unnecessary emotions from now on. Also, I should be more cautious with the system’s missions." He muttered as he quickly scrolled through the rest of the notifications and reached the one about Blake. 

[Ding……… You have acquired Weak Ice resistance.] 

[Ding………. Weak Ice resistance has reached level 7.]

[Ding……… you have killed the special rank B Blake Casterwill. You have received 40000 Exp and 20000 SC.]

[Ding……. You have killed 10 opponents one rank above yours and an opponent two ranks above yours. The talent Innate Hunter has evolved into Predator.] 

[Ding………you have leveled up. Congratulations you have achieved level 15. You have received 10 AP and 4 SP]

[Ding………. You have reached level 15. You have the following skills:

-Sacred Halo

-Atlas Blessing]

[You have reached the level max. Open the evolution tab and proceed with your evolution.]

[Ding…… Many skills have leveled up. Expand/ Collapse.]

[Your Forest King title has evolved into Amarach Overlord.]

"That Blake wasn’t stingy with the experience he gave at all." Leo said, impressed by the amount of experience he received after killing a single person. It was the highest amount of experience points he ever received in one go and it was more than the added Exp he received from the remaining four adventurers. 

"It is normal that I receive so much with all we did to kill him. Still, for it to be really worth it, I should have received bonus attribute points too." Leo muttered regretfully as he considered the fight against Blake a bad investment. First, while the amount of Exp he received looked generous now, he knew that once he ranks up, it would amount to nothing considering how the system scales the experience needed to level up. It would already be impressive if it could grant him a level or two. Considering the height his power reached when he fought Blake, he was sure he could kill the snake king five times at least. In such a situation, a level or two was definitely not worth that much.

"Well, I shouldn’t complain too much. A level or two in rank C is already good. Besides, the experience I received is certainly not the main prize." Leo said, his eyes shining brightly as he looked at his two new skills, his evolved talents, and title. 

After everything he went through, he understood that the main source of his power wasn’t his level. Instead, it was his various skills, talents, and titles. While it was true that his base level was important, what truly set him apart were those three things, especially his talents. Without them, he wouldn’t be able to yield strength so much above what he should have. So, a new talent, skill, or title was definitely something to rejoice about. 

"Hehe, show me what you are worth." Leo grinned as he hurriedly went on to check the description of the two skills.

[Sacred Halo:

Passive: As a descendant of the Sphinx you are a sacred and proud being who deserves respect. While interacting with someone, your chances of leaving a favorable impression are greatly increased. It is easier for you to acquire and maintain the loyalty of your subordinates.

Active: Only one halo can be maintained at a time.

-Spirit Halo: While active, this halo greatly increases your perception and control of mana and elemental energy.

Cost: 500 MP/s

-Thorns Halo: While active, this halo deals to your opponents 25% of all damages you receive.

Cost: 1500 MP/s]

"This is what I call powerful now. Who would have thought that that feather would bring me so many benefits?" Leo muttered as he looked at the description of Sacred Halo with stars shining in his eyes. To say that he was extremely satisfied with the skill would be an understatement. There were simply too many good things about that skill. 

First, the passive was an extremely good one for someone like him who was a foreigner and knew nothing about how this world’s society worked or how its people think. With this passive, he would at least have an easier time communicating with people. At least he wouldn’t start with people already having a bad impression of him and that would be very helpful when he will try to make allies. As for the subordinate loyalty thing, he would leave the future to determine how useful it is.

Then, after using elemental manipulation skills for a bit of time, he already understood how important it was to be good at mana and elemental energy control. The better he was at it, the quicker he could use his skills and the more powerful the power of his skills would be. So it wasn’t hard to understand how good a skill that could improve those two things was.

Then there was Thorn Halo. The best student in the classroom. With this skill, only those with a vitality rivaling or better than his could afford to fight him. Otherwise, he could just sit down and let his opponents beat themselves to death. For example, imagine a situation where he was a tank and his opponent was a soldier with a rocket launcher. While the tank may not be destroyed by a rocket, one could easily imagine the fate of the soldier if he had to deal with a fourth of a rocket blast.

"Mewhaha, the tank road is really the kingly way. I am sure Blake wouldn’t have been so daring if I had it before our fight. It would be even better if it works along with a shield." Leo laughed heartily as he could already imagine a future where he could lay and sleep in the middle of an enemy army and nobody would dare to lift a single finger against him. –Though if I have something like this, it means that others could also have it. Leo muttered and reminded himself to always be cautious.

[Atlas Blessing:  

Awaken the power of Atlas slumbering within you and receive either of those blessings.

-Titan: Increase all your physical attributes by 50%. In this state, stamina consumption is tripled. You will automatically exit this state once your stamina falls below 10%.

-Tireless: Like your ancestor, you won’t be brought down no matter how desperate the challenges you are facing are. After activation, your stamina and health are instantly recovered to their peak states and your stamina and defense are increased by 100%.

Duration: 60s             Cost: 1% of total stamina and 0.5% of total HP.]

"And another ultimate skill." Leo muttered as he looked dazedly at the description of the two skills. Compared to the other skills he received as a Winged Lion, those two were on a level of their own.

"Though this one is a bit on the extreme side of things." Leo muttered a little peeved by the cost of the Tireless blessing. Still, he wasn’t going to complain as he understood how outrageous an ability that could instantly restore him to his peak then double his stamina and defense was. 

Even though he knew there may be some kind of skills with the same effect and a more affordable cost, he had no idea when or if he could get one so he was content with what he had at the moment. After all, Tireless was akin to a second life, so permanently losing a bit of health and stamina for it wasn’t unacceptable. Anyway, he wasn’t going to use it too much as it was the kind of skills and with the help of the system he could certainly gain back the stats he would lose.

"Another reason why I should mainly fight against beasts with strong bloodlines." Leo said as he closed the skills description with a more than satisfied smile adorning his cat face. 

"Predator turn it is then." He said excitedly as he moved on to check the evolved form of the first talent that saved his life.

37